• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Favourite Movie(s)?

forestyne

Finally Left.
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
October Birthstone (Opal)
Flea
Mine's the Rocky Horror Picture Show. What's yours? :blush:

What do you look for in movies? I personally look for films with good storylines, character development and meaningful and positive messages, as well as the occasional movie that I know will make me cry (it ok to cry fren).

Some Like It Hot is my favorite movie of all time, but I have a new appreciation for The 400 Blows. French New Wave is usually my go to for films, it was an interesting movement.

My favorite movies are most Studio Ghibli movies tbh! Ponyo & The Wind Rises are my personal favorites. Harry Potter movies will always be top of my list as well :) For recent movies, I really liked Passengers.

My favorite movies are Wolf Children, Ponyo, Fairy-tail Dragon Cry, Spirited Away, and Grown Ups 2! ღ

My list of favourite movies is endless so I'm just going to go with everything Studio Ghibli :)

It's hard to say, it depends on my mood and some movies I liked a lot didn't age well. One movie I re-watched often is Happy Together by Wong Kar-Wai (a director I like). I like movies that I can relate to, often weird movies for others, I like absurd or dark humor as well. I like directors like Kusturica, Jarmusch, Wong Kar-Wai, Wes Anderson, Burton...etc...

Oh my that is a very hard question to answer. But here is the best I can do.

Fav. Cartoon Movie: Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders and Batman: Bad Blood
Fav. Anime Movie: Spirited Away and Wolf Children
Fav. Live Action Super Hero Movie: Captain America: Civil War
Fav. Disney Movie: Beauty and the Beast (Animated)

Needless to say I have too many.

hmm I like The Quiet Man, and Casablanca, those are two of my alltime favorites.

The Blues Brothers was clearly the greatest American film ever made so that's up there.

Stalag 17 is a great movie that I like.

my other favorites include Duck Soup, The Great Dictator, Three Little Pigskins, Caddyshack, Stripes, Meatballs, Miller's Crossing, Flash Point starring Donnie Yen, Enter the Dragon the original starring Bruce Lee, and Goldfinger.

- - - Post Merge - - -

also, I like the films of Pedro Almodovar although no single one of them is my favorite movie...

I couldn't decide since I enjoy a lot of movies, I'd say either Get Out (for more recent ones) or Vertigo.

The last Unicorn and Coraline.

Oh man. Tough question. Er... here's my top 10 non-animated films (in no particular order):

"The Silence of the Lambs"
"Testament of Youth"
"Perfume: The Story of a Murderer"
"Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter"
"Pan's Labyrinth"
"Valerie and her Week of Wonders"
"All About Lily Chou-Chou"
"Arrival"
"The Truman Show"
"A Little Princess"

As far as animated films go, it's hard for me to make a list of my favourites since so many are nostalgic for me. I think my favourites as an adult are "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" and "Treasure Planet" though.

Metropolis is my favourite animated film of all time. I find it hard to pick any singular movie, though. I love so many! Mostly live-action.

My favorite movie is Clueless. It's based off my favorite Jane Austin novel Emma. It does a good job of keeping a lot of the satire and humor of Austen's writing but it does so in a modern (well, relatively modern) way. Pan's Labyrinth/El laberinto del fauno is another favorite. It's deals with Facism but through the eyes of a little girl and the imaginary world she creates.

My number one favourite movie is American Beauty! My favourite movie from when I was a kid is the Spongebob movie lol
I also love Spirited Away, Fight Club, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, The Shining, Lolita, 2001 and the Harry Potter movies, more specifically the chamber of secrets and Goblet of fire! :)

I'm not a huge fan of movies or storytelling in general but I do have some favorite movies. Here's the first ones I could think of:

American Beauty (1999)
Planet of the Apes (1968)
The Haunting (1963)
The Fearless Vampire Killers (1967)
The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
Spirited Away (2001)
Robin Hood (Disney) (1973)

I also love everything by the Marx brothers.

Edit: I totally forgot about L?on: the Professional (1994)

Last edited:
Some of my favorites:

Aliens
The Big Lebowski
Labyrinth
Pan's Labyrinth
Coraline
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

...there's probably a few others I can't think of at the moment. Also, I can't pick just one; 'too hard.

Suspiria is my favorite movie... I love everything from the cheesy horror to the filming style and lighting and the sound track by goblin. Another off the top of my head, Lock stock and two smoking barrels. I love that movie so much.

Back