Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
5386-8207-0510
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Small Mailbox
Eh I don't really like my layout...
But I got the cafe...all my favorite villagers..the shops unlocked. I don't really want to start over. It's just..idk I feel like I don't have much room left in my town and my other towns were if that makes sense.

Idk if I should reset or not...

Anyone else ever feel like that?

Attachments

• IMG_8106.jpg
    IMG_8106.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
I also felt like that with my town but if you have lots of pointless public works projects just remove them. I have had my town since 2013 and I don't love my layout but I have learned to love it if guess. I sorta hate where I put my cafe and police station (at the time I wanted them near my house). I don't think you should reset but if you feel that you want to its up to you. If you do end up reseting I can hold your stuff if you want.14974731173571544044505.jpg

I also felt like that with my town but if you have lots of pointless public works projects just remove them. I have had my town since 2013 and I don't love my layout but I have learned to love it if guess. I sorta hate where I put my cafe and police station (at the time I wanted them near my house). I don't think you should reset but if you feel that you want to its up to you. If you do end up reseting I can hold your stuff if you want.View attachment 201293

I don't think I'll reset. I've only had this town about a month. Idk I think I'll stick with it. Thank you for the offer:)

i feel like that all the time :( this is my map:
2049307b44f58208dd46a8deeea226e7.jpg

i was super late on getting NL so when i finally had gotten it i jumped right in without realizing how much i should have planned first. i pretty much just picked the first map i saw and went with that. i hate where everything is placed and i barely have any pwps just because my map is so awkward idk where to put them! but i have been working on my town for about 4-5 months now and i have worked so hard buying almost everything on my wishlists, and working on my house AND i have like 5 villagers that i just cant let go. i would love to start over but i dont want to lose my stuff or my neighbors

Same here honestly. Mine is so filled up and cluttered and so crowded I hate where I had to place the police station and fountain. My second town is slightly better but I hate where the placed the campground and the plaza is placed

I can check your town and see if I can give some advice. Just remember that a town layout is only as good as the player who takes care of it. To me there is no good or bad layout - just players who can or can't make the best of what they have. I hope you keep it up!

I can check your town and see if I can give some advice. Just remember that a town layout is only as good as the player who takes care of it. To me there is no good or bad layout - just players who can or can't make the best of what they have. I hope you keep it up!

That would be much appreciated:) DA is in signature if you'd like to visit?

I just came back... Yup, it is a work in progress, and I have some advice and questions to give you:

My advice:

-I see that you have connected your villager homes to the south with a path, but I think it needs some adjustments. I recommend keeping the paths in front of all the homes, and avoid placing them directly behind them.
-Your Town hall looks like an excellent place to place public works projects in front of, and you've done a good showing there so far! Try using that place as a starting point. And as for the rock next to your fountain, you can add a shrub or tree stump on the parallel side of the project, so to make it blend in more.
-For when you add a bridge or two, try to think in terms of how they connect and unify your town. Maybe you want a bridge to connect your villager homes together, or to draw your villagers to a certain part of your town, such as your town hall. You don't have to be stuck with the default bridge either.
-Don't feel obligated to have a 3-space path all the time. For instance, the path to you 2nd character's home might be better off with a 2 space path instead.
-Overall, don't feel like all the choices you've made so far are permanent. If you feel a works project, pathway, or tree you've made is problematic - even if it may be 1-2 spaces off - don't feel hesitant to tear down and rebuild what you can. I've done this process quite a lot, and being flexible is very helpful when creating something you finally are satisfied with - as opposed to always feeling that you must delete the whole town and start all over again.

Now, my questions:

-Are all the villagers in your town the ones you want to have, or might there be one or two you want moved out?
-Did you choose the spots for your villagers, or did you let them decide?
-Is there a theme, color, or some overall vibe you want to have when building your town? I kind of see you like peaches and pears.
-I saw that you're still in the process of breeding flowers. How are you thinking of decorating with them once you're done breeding?
-What works projects are you hoping to build for your town, and which ones are you missing?

Overall, don't give up, and try to make the most with what you have!

I just came back... Yup, it is a work in progress, and I have some advice and questions to give you:

My advice:

-I see that you have connected your villager homes to the south with a path, but I think it needs some adjustments. I recommend keeping the paths in front of all the homes, and avoid placing them directly behind them.
-Your Town hall looks like an excellent place to place public works projects in front of, and you've done a good showing there so far! Try using that place as a starting point. And as for the rock next to your fountain, you can add a shrub or tree stump on the parallel side of the project, so to make it blend in more.
-For when you add a bridge or two, try to think in terms of how they connect and unify your town. Maybe you want a bridge to connect your villager homes together, or to draw your villagers to a certain part of your town, such as your town hall. You don't have to be stuck with the default bridge either.
-Don't feel obligated to have a 3-space path all the time. For instance, the path to you 2nd character's home might be better off with a 2 space path instead.
-Overall, don't feel like all the choices you've made so far are permanent. If you feel a works project, pathway, or tree you've made is problematic - even if it may be 1-2 spaces off - don't feel hesitant to tear down and rebuild what you can. I've done this process quite a lot, and being flexible is very helpful when creating something you finally are satisfied with - as opposed to always feeling that you must delete the whole town and start all over again.

Now, my questions:

-Are all the villagers in your town the ones you want to have, or might there be one or two you want moved out?
-Did you choose the spots for your villagers, or did you let them decide?
-Is there a theme, color, or some overall vibe you want to have when building your town? I kind of see you like peaches and pears.
-I saw that you're still in the process of breeding flowers. How are you thinking of decorating with them once you're done breeding?
-What works projects are you hoping to build for your town, and which ones are you missing?

Overall, don't give up, and try to make the most with what you have!

Thank you for the visit:)

As for the pathways I believe I had it much better before, but grass started disappearing right in front of the homes and it would drive me crazy. So I put a path leading to the door. Idk I do think I may change it.

I know that rock annoys me!! I think the bush or tree stump would look quite nice!

Katt is the only one that I'm letting go. She's moving in a few days. She's the one by my other character's tents.

3 villagers were starters. And the first few after that I let move in. And a few I plot reset. Just enough to get them in a decent spot.

I don't really have a theme.

As for the flowers I'm not sure. I'm thinking of finding an open area and using the flowers to make something. Like in my original town I made a rainbow of flowers with a sky and it actually looked nice.

I've only gotten three requests. I'm missing quite a lot.

Good advice for Aubrey895, nothing I can add.

I wanted to pick up on amarie's map - I love it, vertical ramp (linking to R-Tail), mid placement of R-Tail, good locations picked for police station & caf?. Town Hall & plaza together. Good river shape. Only one pond.
Rocks? - I've one town with 9 and that is hard.
Your map is really good. But every map has things to be worked around, I've never found a map that I thought was perfect.

I'm a serial resetter because I'm extremely picky about the most random things now and then. For me, it's better to reset early, rather than settle and then decide that I want to reset when I'm further along in a town.

I currently have a map that I really, really like, and everything's going well. This may be the first time I actually complete my town and max out PWPs, haha.

It's up to you, though. If you feel like it's going to bother you no matter what and you can get your villagers that you want back, go for it, if not, then don't.

You could make an actual list of pros and cons of resetting, and if there aren't enough positives to resetting for you, then keep it!

There were times where I considered resetting my main town, but 3 years later, I'm really glad I didn't. I'd say just try moving some pwps around and changing up your landscaping. Refreshing things can be really good for keeping yourself from wanting to reset.

I think it's a beautiful layout! I'd kill for a layout like that, imo. But I think you need to remember that the towns in new leaf aren't very big, even if it may seem that way in other towns. It's just how you utilize your space that can make it seem bigger. Tbh though I did delete a town that was near completion because I didn't feel like it was big enough. There's nothing wrong with resetting a town, even if you've put a lot of work into it do what makes you happy!

I like the layout, but if you thing you can get something better just do it!

Why i said that, well, that happen to me with my old town, there was a moment i felt stuck, and i create a new one when i found a similar layout and this town is way better than the old one. I don't know, with new town the possibilities are infinite considering you can do everything from 0. You can think better what you want and focusing in even create something completely new (insert inspirational Mario Galaxy music here)

It only took me 2 or three months, but i really feel satisfied with what i have now. Of course... I TT but hey, as i said, i feel satisfied.

Back