Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
White Cosmos
Red Cosmos
Leif
Mint
Pear (Fruit)
Today I noticed how much empty space I need to take up in my town because I didn't want to waste putting PWPs in those places. I realized that alt character houses would be the perfect way to fill in those spaces. This was the seed that grew into two beautiful ideas.

First of all, I've been getting really annoyed with my path taking up all of my pattern space. Now I'm gonna have 20 more spots! Second, I can theme the town so much better! Now I'm gonna add a surf shop and a hotel which is gonna make the town so much beachy-er. Third, I'm gonna have so much more to do! I've been getting somewhat bored with the lack of things happening in my town, and now I'm gonna have 2 more villagers to do stuff with every day.

The hotel is gonna be a full sized house with the modern design exterior. It'll have a lobby/reception area, 2 basic suites, a deluxe suite upstairs, a pool, and a kitchen in the basement.

The surf shop is gonna be super tacky and tourist-y. It's gonna have surfboards set up and all of the island exclusive clothes on display. The upstairs may be a crowded storage room/bedroom.

I'm way too excited about this.

I'm super glad you're excited about your alt characters! :D I'd create them too but I'd never play them and have their mailbox explode lmao.

This just happened to me yesterday omg. I created Hermione Granger as my alt character because I wanted to make a Hogwarts house. This will take so much time and effort but it gives me a reason to keep playing the game :) not sure what I'll do with the other three houses but they're a great way to fill up space after I finished all my PWPs!

I only have an alt character since my town is based on the movie and the alt characters are the humans from the movie (except for the third one, who is a character from one of the mangas).

EDIT: My town is now going back to how it used to be last year and early this year. I've deleted the Ai account since I barely used it and didn't want villagers to keep talking about it (it was hard deleting it; Isabelle kept guilt-tripping me). I've also dropped the idea for the other alt characters as they weren't made yet.

Last edited:
My character takes up half my life.
If I made an alt character, that would take up the OTHER half. :D

Last edited:
Does anyone have name ideas for the two new characters I'm making? The hotel owner is gonna be a girl, and the surf shop owner is gonna be a guy.

my town has the max alt characters, i have them so that I can get extras of all the holiday and event items. plus, one house is close to my train station and recycle shop and has an ABD in it for trading convenience, but I wouldnt want my main house there in case of nosy / unruly visitors.

my town has the max alt characters, i have them so that I can get extras of all the holiday and event items. plus, one house is close to my train station and recycle shop and has an ABD in it for trading convenience, but I wouldnt want my main house there in case of nosy / unruly visitors.

I'm thinking that I'll have the hotel near the train station, because it makes the most sense for a visitor to visit the hotel first on their way into the town from the train station. The surf shop is gonna be near my beach access so that they can steal money from customers who need to buy things that they forgot to bring on their trip.

I got way too into this way too fast.

I like your ideas. My 2 alts are a spa and the other is a building of just restaurants. It's very slow-going. Having to collect a lot of furniture and spend some time on their houses moving stuff... one day they'll be finished/decent looking. My alts usually get messed up hair so I take them to Shampoodle often or give em wigs/hats. It's great to have extra qr code space which I used all up.

Would love to visit your DA soon!

I love having alt characters :3 I've had my main town for over 3 years, and I have all but 2 badges on my mayor, so it's nice to be able to earn badges again on my alt characters. I also like having the extra custom design space and different looking characters.

This is a super good idea??? Using the alt characters to make buildings like shops and hotels is so creative

I love your ideas! I have alts in all of my four towns ... (they are great for providing extra patterns too)

Since you have Seaport as your town name, you could call your girl hotel manager Ocean
5793.gif
... and your surf shop dude Beacher or Beaches
5066.gif

Have fun!! ❤️

I've been doing something similar. My town is going to be camp themed. I have created alt characters to make tents, since my main character has a cabin. I have only created 2 alt characters, so I can make one more if I want. I'm considering a museum or hotel of some sort for my fourth character.

Whoa, what great ideas! I've been thinking about an alt lately, too, but gotta wait til the end of summer...too busy right now. I have a name already, though, and have started to collect stuff for him and his house. If I collect much more I'll have to create him just to hold the stuff!:D

Here are a couple of name ideas for you:

Chaniya for your gal hotel owner-name means "a place to rest."

Danno for your guy surf shop-retired detective from old TV show Hawaii Five-O.

Sounds like you are going to have fun and be busy for quite a while. I hope you make a dream town...love to see it!

I love having alt. characters so I can have more rooms to decorate and more spaces for patterns/paths. If only I could make a fourth alt. since I'm already done with three houses but I don't have space for another. Good luck decorating and making them into a commercial center or anything that you plan to do :)

I don't have any alt characters, but your OP and all the other posts here have inspirted me to create one (or more).
I need to think about it.

Yay that sounds awesome! I love alt characters for extra rooms to design. With the new update my interest in interior design and completing my catalogue has definitely gone up. My dilemma is that I love "small" houses so I don't want to expand certain residents houses to the full size, but I still want to design more! Looking forward to seeing the surf shop and hotel :)

Back