• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I'm finally realizing the beauty of alt characters

Alt characters are the best \o/ I don't really invest as much play time in them as my mayor, but I like having extra homes to fit my town theme!
like Lorhaven right now I'm planning to be a classic, vintage-esque town (classic as in using a lot of the base game themed pwps). So my Mayor is just that - my mayor with an average home. Then I have Ottilie by Retail who's home will be a small bakery-cafe (overdone, i know, but I've never done one before). Rowen is next to the Town Hall, and his home will be a little chapel. And then Ivy is near my more residential area and her home will probably be a school house.

I love the idea of a hotel and surf shop for your town!! The surf shop especially sounds unique!

I only use them now to fill in the corners of my map so they aren't bland, my only bland area I planned on making a perfect fruit forest

I second this, alt characters are a great way to take up any space that you can't fill with a PWP tbh. Idk what i'm going to do for the houses in my most current, but i'll think of that once I have the mayor's house all done. Although alt houses can do a lot to your bank balance, so I might hold it off for a bit. I also think alt houses are a great way to make your theme more obvious, as everybody has pretty much the same resources. Good luck with your town :)

Reading your ideas made me want to check out your town... Hope it all comes together bro, your ideas sound SO cool

I feel the same way! My brother had a house, but he never played, so when it was time to whip my town into shape, his house played a vital part. I made it a northern/cabin-like house and it worked since it was on the "natural" side of town. And like you said, it really helped with paths. It just feels great getting badges, emotions, and rooms all over again, without having to get another copy of the game or resetting.

With 10 villagers in my town there isn't any room for another person. o_O

oops, these are my name ideas for the new characters of casual.kyle

Chaniya
Danno

Last edited:
image.jpg
Here's the (maybe finished) lobby! Anyone have suggestions for what to add/change about it?

With 10 villagers in my town there isn't any room for another person. o_O

Who did you get for #10, Jon? When your Amiibo finally moved out...

- - - Post Merge - - -

View attachment 201442
Here's the (maybe finished) lobby! Anyone have suggestions for what to add/change about it?

I'm impressed with the items you have chosen, casual.kyle, they are great! Is it just the picture quality, or does the lobby need a little something to give it some "pop", make it a little brighter? Maybe customize a piece of the furniture, or add a candy or soda machine for some color? Or is the red item one of those, I can't tell.

Last edited:
Who did you get for #10, Jon? When your Amiibo finally moved out...

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm impressed with the items you have chosen, casual.kyle, they are great! Is it just the picture quality, or does the lobby need a little something to give it some "pop", make it a little brighter? Maybe customize a piece of the furniture, or add a candy or soda machine for some color? Or is the red item one of those, I can't tell.

Yep, those black and red things at the bottom are both vending machines! The problem with color is probably the picture because I added the minimalist lamp behind the reception counter specifically to make the room brighter. I'm glad you like it!

Here's the deluxe suite upstairs in the hotel. I'm not entirely satisfied with it, but I need to get working on the other rooms before I perfect his one. image.jpg

Back