Alright, you landscaping masterminds, I need some advice...

ashubii

Dream Weaver
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
White Pansy
My mayor's home is placed in front of a bridge that leads down into a small neighborhood of villagers. I quite like having my bridge here and I don't want to change it. But the fact that it's a bit off from lining up with my mayor's house is driving me nuts. I can't put just a small, single tile path leading from bridge to house since the bridge takes 2 spaces and having just one part with a path looks weird to me. But having a two piece path leading from the bridge to house also looks weird to me. I'm sure I could work around both scenarios somehow, but I'm a little lost for ideas. Does anyone have ideas or tips? Here's an image of my planning map. It's accurate as far as spacing goes.

mayorshousehalp.jpg

- - - Post Merge - - -

I guess I don't necessarily need a path there, either...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Maybe something like this with the light green being hedges... I'm not sure if they'll grow that close to the house or if Isabelle would even let me place lampposts on the side near the river

mayor house idea 2.jpg

The hedge thing would be cute if that fails maybe alternate clovers and rock path lined with flowers? Sort of a garden look?

i think your idea would work but something else you could do is stepping stones! maybe place them in a pattern like this, with o being the bridge and x being the stepping stones:

x(space)
(space)x
x(space)
(space)x
oo
oo
oo

so that it forms kinda a zig-zaggy pattern up to your house

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions! I put some stones in that sort of zig-zag pattern and it actually does look much better!

If that was me I think I'd use stepping stones and clovers to make a "path". Something else you can do is dirt paths, but they take a while x_x

I like the idea of stepping stones so you can alternate where to place your paths and make it look kind of foresty, but I don't know if that will go with the rest of your town. A dirt path straight up might look nice, but again, it depends on how the rest of your town looks. The 2nd screen shot you posted looks promising as well, so the path doesn't actually lead TO your house but it's just on the way :p Btw did you just draw this out on photoshop or something? I never thought of using a grid to plan my town but now I'm intrigued.

I like the idea of stepping stones so you can alternate where to place your paths and make it look kind of foresty, but I don't know if that will go with the rest of your town. A dirt path straight up might look nice, but again, it depends on how the rest of your town looks. The 2nd screen shot you posted looks promising as well, so the path doesn't actually lead TO your house but it's just on the way :p Btw did you just draw this out on photoshop or something? I never thought of using a grid to plan my town but now I'm intrigued.

Hi! Thank you for the ideas! This particular town isn't 100% foresty, but I am going for a somewhat classic, maybe vintage vibe! It's very far from complete, so it could really end up totally different over time!

And actually, I made it in MS Paint! I do this for all of my towns because it really helps me with planning! I can play with ideas and see how they might look and then change them up if I don't like it c:

lorhavensecondcoppyy.jpg
This is the rest of the town, I wish the pictures weren't so small :(

LlothienMap.jpg
This one is for another town, Llothien

It's pretty easy to set up, just requires a lot of digging holes to outline areas and count where they're placed! And I'd be happy to make a post describing how I do it sometime!

Back