• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Makeup

aah

• I wear a lot and I like/love it

Votes: 18 15.3%
  • I wear a little and I like/love it

Votes: 45 38.1%
  • Used to wear it

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • I don't like it

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • I hate it

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 29 24.6%

• Total voters
I wear a little sometimes. when i have to see people i care about, i do, but if i'm doing nothing and not planning to meet up with people i don't. i feel like i would more often, but my skin is sensitive and always gets salty after a long day of full-face. sad, because i look bomb with it on.

(i look bomb with it off too though :') )

but honestly, i've very do-what-you-want about makeup. wear it if you want it, and don't if you don't. the only this is that you shouldn't talk down to someone because they do or don't wear makeup. girls and boys who wear makeup don't always do it because they're insecure- it can be an art form, or they just like to look different every day! and girls and boys who don't wear makeup just don't want to maybe because they're more comfortable with a bare face (it DOES feel cleaner). do whatever you want if it makes you confident and stop putting down other people for being different than you ;)

i used to wear it quite often and was pretty decent at it, but as i've gotten older i've started working a lot more and some crazy hours, so i rarely wear makeup these days. i'm just too tired for it 99% of the time. :c

Other option: I used to not wear it at all, but then I developed adult acne and now I wear it all of them time and HATE it.

I actually think I look way better without makeup, that is without acne scars and cystic pimples... I never even put on foundation once until I was 20, lol. I sometimes wore eye makeup though.

I hate how makeup feels especially now in the summer time. It's like sweaty and drippy and I don't want to be outside, which is odd because I love being outside! Also, I have a pretty small and nicely sized nose, but for some reason my makeup makes it look bigger than it is and a bit crooked. It's strange. I just really miss my old teenager/young adult face.

Last edited:
I used to wear a lot of make up but I'm lazy now a days. I live in a really hot country and I sweat like crazy plus I have monolids so they melt easily ._. If anything I'll just draw a winged eye.

My makeup usually melts into the creases in my eyelids, so it looks extra weird. I'll have like thick white or black lines across my eyelids, so I try not to put anything there. I wish people would let me know when they get like that because sometimes I look in the mirror and I'm like how in the world did this abomination happen?...

I used to wear a full face of make up but I got used to going more natural and now I hate the feeling of foundation and powder on my face.

ugh literally same.
used to be a full coverage ***** but now i cant even wear one layer of foundation without feeling greasy

My makeup usually melts into the creases in my eyelids, so it looks extra weird. I'll have like thick white or black lines across my eyelids, so I try not to put anything there. I wish people would let me know when they get like that because sometimes I look in the mirror and I'm like how in the world did this abomination happen?...

Hm. It sounds like you have oily lids. Do you put eyeshadow primer on? Ive being using urban decay's shadow primer and it works like a charm. It says it lasts for 24 hours but I just need it for 12. I really like it a lot.

I never wear it and never did. But I don't dislike it, it's just something I'm not interested in.

im pretty tomboyish, so personally i hate it and think its overrated. its something that i should understand, being a girl, but i never will, lol

I clicked the I don't really care option because I don't wear makeup only on special occasions like family photos/graduations etc. I probably wear makeup 5 times a year or less honestly. I have makeup from high school still which is horrible I know but I'm too lazy to clean things out. I don't care for makeup anyway personally it just makes me feel really dirty because I have oily skin.

Makeup is so much fun to me.. it's like turning your face into a canvas.
I don't do much because I look a little scary when I put too much makeup on, but some people look so amazing with it
I think it is an excellent form of expression, as you can choose which look to do in order to portray a certain image or vibe
I don't understand why some people are so sensitive about it.. or when guys say it's "lying," like if he thinks girls have natural sparkles on their eyelids then maybe he should be the one doing some reevaluating
Also, some makeup is actually beneficial to skin, as a lot of mine has spf in it or moisturizer.
And it helps me feel confident, which in turn makes it easier to talk to people and open up opportunities for yourself that you maybe would not have done if you hadn't had the confidence.

I wear a little makeup, mostly when I'm at home and I'm experimenting, but I don't wear a lot any other time. It's fun to do and I believe anyone should be able to do anything that makes them happy. :)

I wear it, but I don't love it or anything. I don't really care about creating interesting looks or experimenting with trends or whatever.

I used to wear a lot of make up but I'm lazy now a days. I live in a really hot country and I sweat like crazy plus I have monolids so they melt easily ._. If anything I'll just draw a winged eye.

another monolidded person here, and it's a real struggle with eye makeup.

i've gotten better with my eye makeup though now that i can actually find makeup tutorials from people with similar eye shapes to mine. as for how much makeup i wear in general, i put makeup on every time i go out for more than just, like, buying food. foundation, eyeliner, eye shadow, brows, mascara, blush, lipstick. i use highlighter when i feel like i have a bit more time. i've never really tried contouring or baking though, and as of right now, i don't have plans to. learning a more lowkey style of contouring would be something i'm interested in though!

also i'm so glad no one's shaming people for wearing makeup so far in this thread?? i hope i'm not jinxing it though :lemon:

I wear a ton of makeup daily! But my dream is to become a makeup artist so it's not really shocking

Love it but too lazy to wear it most of the time. I feel no reason to wear it usually so only do so once or twice a month. I did today for an induction at the university summer school (even then just wore a thin layer of foundation, mascara, eyeliner, and a nude lipstick) and wiped off the foundation as soon as I got home.

:p

Last edited:
Hm. It sounds like you have oily lids. Do you put eyeshadow primer on? Ive being using urban decay's shadow primer and it works like a charm. It says it lasts for 24 hours but I just need it for 12. I really like it a lot.

I literally don't know what any of this stuff is, hahaha. I own foundation, eyeliner, mascara and that's it. I can't afford to buy anything else and even these things I usually have for years. I try to do something fancy on my eyelids maybe once a year and that's usually just to have a photoshoot with myself and then wipe it off, lol

Last edited:
I literally don't know what any of this stuff is, hahaha. I own foundation, eyeliner, mascara and that's it. I can't afford to buy anything else and even these things I usually have for years. I try to do something fancy on my eyelids maybe once a year and that's usually just to have a photoshoot with myself and then wipe it off, lol

Well, if you want to avoid shadow creases on your lids, you use a primer. There's primers for your face too. Shadow primer especially brand types are expensive but Elf cosmetics is really nice cheap alternative.

Elf eyelid Primer $2

Back