• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Makeup

aah

• I wear a lot and I like/love it

Votes: 18 15.3%
  • I wear a little and I like/love it

Votes: 45 38.1%
  • Used to wear it

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • I don't like it

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • I hate it

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 29 24.6%

• Total voters
I don't like it for myself. When I was younger, my friends would occasionally do my makeup for fun to see how I would look and I always hated it. It feels so uncomfortable on my face, and it makes me even more self conscious than I already am.

I used to wear a lot, as in a full face of makeup (foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, contour, blush, highlight, lipstick/gloss, Huge diameter circle lenses (I wear glasses at home), even FAKE EYELASHIES urgh.) most days, even just to go to my college courses if I werent doing anything else. Nothing about me was natural not even my pink colored hair!! I went more by asian beauty standards/cosmetic looks since I am half asian myself, just loved it cuz it made me feel more "me" & cute, plus I was obsessed with those "living doll" & lolita girls. I felt bad whenener I couldnt do a full-face, even wishing I attended cosmetology school just to have a legit excuse to wear so much makeup!! i am obsessive to the point I wont go outside or reply to snapchats without a bit of makeup, I will always throw on some eyeliner and chapstick if i cant put on anything else. .

I stopped using so much everday cuz I realized my obsession isnt that healthy �� I had a reaction of peeling skin on my eyelids that lasted a month due to overuse of waterproof liquid liner & eyelash glue. Plus i feel so much better walking outside without 5 pounds on my face. Now its probably more like 1 pound ���� lol, jk

Last edited:
I feel like such a fraud. I posted in here last week saying I rarely wear it and since then I've worn eye primer, eyeliner, and mascara daily. I didn't think I'd find joy in applying make-up daily again.

yea I'd say I wear a moderate amount

I don't contour or whatever because that gets kind of pricey

No because I always forget I'm wearing at and rub my eyes or something

i prefer natural makeup to enhance my features , like brown mascara, bb creams, eyebrows gel~

I haven't wore makeup in years. I think I just realized that there were other things I would rather be doing than putting on makeup. That being said, I realize that some people enjoy buying it and experimenting with it, so I have no problem with people who like to wear it. c:

I don't wear makeup every day but when I do, I love it. It's mainly cause I'm lazy. I wish I could be one of those well put together girls who look amazing all the time, but that isn't very realistic.
I usually only wear it on days that I can be bothered looking nice (sometimes when I'm down, I feel better when I look nicer), or for special events/occasions.

I love how artist and creative you get to be. It's a great way for me to express myself. Now that I think about it, I probably have too much makeup :/

I usually only wear it on days that I can be bothered looking nice (sometimes when I'm down, I feel better when I look nicer), or for special events/occasions.

I so get this. After an exam went horribly last week I went straight into town had a couple new piercings done and stopped by a MAC store.

:p

I usually just wear Mascara and some lip gloss when I go out. When I'm at home or only quickly running to the store, I don't wear any. I like wearing only a little bit but I would wear more (eyeliner, eyeshadow, etc) if I was good at it. I'm literally hopeless at applying makeup XD. I'm totally fine with people wearing any sort of makeup as long as they're happy. :)

I don't like using it and how no idea how to use it. Mascara and lipgloss is fancy for me.
I think it's cool if other people are gonna use it and such. They can do what they want more so if it makes them feel confident. Makeup makes me feel akward and like a bull in a China shop lol

Not my style. I've never been the type to wear dresses or make up or any of that stuff. It makes my mother angry when I refuse to wear makeup to pictures or other special occasions, but that's just not me. Even as a kid I wasn't comfortable wearing that stuff, but I didn't really have a say-so. I don't mind others wearing it though.

Even though this goes against what I said earlier, I do wanna learn how to apply eyeliner. It is really hard for me cause I'm too afraid to get that close to my eye. It looks really good though so RIP. One day I'll get it I hope.

I don't wear any makeup when I'm at school (uniform rules, RIP), but I do when I'm off school -- unless I'm just staying in the house all day. I don't wear much at all though, literally just a tiny bit of powder foundation, some mascara and quite heavy, black, emo-esque eyeliner.

For some reason I missed the makeup train in high school when suddenly all the girls were using foundation and stuff. Recently I've gotten into using mascara and eyeliner which I'm getting pretty good at but I don't see myself doing the whole package deal with foundation and contouring. I watch some tutorials on YouTube and I'm like I don't have time to do all that! But it does look good though

I usually don't wear makeup or do my brows + some lip tint when I'm lazy
BB cream, eyeliner, brows, blush, and lip tint if I want to go all out

I touch my face too much (I just scratched my chin while typing this post), and I would probably end up ruining the makeup within ten minutes. I also think I look worse with makeup on.

if i'm going to school i wear bb cushion, eyeshadow, and a little bit of blush. but if i'm going out somewhere nice i usually put on foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, ..pretty much everything except highlight. i love makeup tbh

I don't use makeup as a transgender guy trying to be stealth, but ocasionally I will wear lip stains or eyeshadow. I'm waiting on my skin to clear up before wearing any foundations, and I'm currently subscribed to the Ipsy monthly beauty box. For cosplay I will wear foundation/concealer and various makeup depending on the character.

Back