• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

2017 Trends that need to be stopped

Status
Not open for further replies.
People need to stop looking for things to get offended by.

oh god, that's terrible
i hope queer kids stuff isn't a big thing anymore. i remember some stupid mother thinking it was a good idea to show their toddler that stuff and she said he started screaming at night about how he was born the wrong way. obviously there's no proof that it's true, but if it is that's just horrible

her target audience (toddlers) shouldn't be concerned with sexuality anyway, they're not even able to understand it. she's even put innuendos such as "if you like both apples and bananas, that means you're bisexual!" and it'll just confuse the hell out of them

Last edited:
her target audience (toddlers) shouldn't be concerned with sexuality anyway, they're not even able to understand it. she's even put innuendos such as "if you like both apples and bananas, that means you're bisexual!" and it'll just confuse the hell out of them

who the hell is this lady? can someone link me?

People being personally offended by trends need to stop.

I'm actually critical of popular trends in general. Mainly because I'm getting tired of seeing the same stuff all the time.

But if there's one I'm against a lot - it would be superhero movies, reboots, and 5-quels (the 5th movie in a series).

male rompers

let's just let this trend continue b/c if men start wearing rompers, I'm sure production quality will go up and hopefully in the near future I'll be able to get a nice romper with POCKETS and it'll be cheap

OK WAIT BUT NO

his/her channel is satire so i dont think it is a good example of those ****ty "life hacks" (i don't know what pronouns she likes to go by but i think she's transitioning. her name is cluam sutherland)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Like what? Honest?

Also, where exactly do you disagree with me? I invited you to actually talk to me about your disagreements yesterday but got nothing from you (surprise surprise). So let's try this again.

why are you so passive aggressive lol
not everybody wants to have a pm fight

Last edited:
donald trump memes i'm tired of seeing him on the internet everywhere we can't escape

i admit it i have a fidget spinner but how are they this popular lmao its a great concept better than most toys kids are playing with today but it just needs to stop being a trend and just be a toy

I'm actually critical of popular trends in general. Mainly because I'm getting tired of seeing the same stuff all the time.

But if there's one I'm against a lot - it would be superhero movies, reboots, and 5-quels (the 5th movie in a series).

Yes, yes and yes! Personally I'd draw the line at trilogies.

Posting Tragic News has become like a trend now, like just for the sake of feeling bad for people, i'm not saying you shoulden't care, but just move on what happend, happend.

Last edited:
Political correctness needs to stop now.

fidget spinners are terrible. also it seems like mocking people or bullying them is a trend nowadays by some people because they like to be "woke."

Not really exclusive to this year, but "cringe culture" is something that needs to end. In my eyes, it's just bullying in disguise, and it glorifies the concept heavily.

Like what? Honest?

Also, where exactly do you disagree with me? I invited you to actually talk to me about your disagreements yesterday but got nothing from you (surprise surprise). So let's try this again.

like u /:
i disagree w pretty much everything u wrote, not that i think the exact opposite about everything But i really dont agree w anything and especially npt the way youre putting it lmao

like u /:
i disagree w pretty much everything u wrote, not that i think the exact opposite about everything But i really dont agree w anything and especially npt the way youre putting it lmao

Well, "like u" isn't a very specific answer. If you disagree with me, tell me where in my response you disagree and why. Blanket statements like "I disagree with everything yous said" with no real elaboration as to why gets us nowhere. Surely, you responded for a reason, so tell me.

Was it the "islam is a religion of peace" comment that did it for you? Was it me disagreeing with there being millions of genders like some people claim? Was it the slut walk comment? The get over hate speech you whiney babies comment? If it's all of them and you think they're all problems, then again, tell me why.

Well, "like u" isn't a very specific answer. If you disagree with me, tell me where in my response you disagree and why. Blanket statements like "I disagree with everything yous said" with no real elaboration as to why gets us nowhere. Surely, you responded for a reason, so tell me.

Was it the "islam is a religion of peace" comment that did it for you? Was it me disagreeing with there being millions of genders like some people claim? Was it the slut walk comment? The get over hate speech you whiney babies comment? If it's all of them and you think they're all problems, then again, tell me why.

hooo buddy, you really thrive on conflict, huh? your listed opinions are pretty hateful and ugly, especially with the way you've phrased them (eg: "you whiny babies") so I mean, I think you know exactly why they disagree with you? you came here to provoke people lol do you feel edgy?

Last edited:
hooo buddy, you really thrive on conflict, huh? your listed opinions are pretty hateful and ugly, especially with the way you've phrased them (eg: "you whiny babies") so I mean, I think you know exactly why they disagree with you? you came here to provoke people lol do you feel edgy?

No, I don't thrive on conflict and I'm not here to be edgy. I'm not being hateful, either. Saying people are whinny babies for saying that a lot of what they disagree with is hate speech (kind of a problem on American college campuses these days) isn't being hateful. I was trying to point out how ridiculous and childish the concept of hate speech is because it can't do any more than hurt feelings, which is something we've all experienced and gotten over at some point in our lives. I want people to toughen up a little. I also don't want to lose freedom of speech because it's an incredibly valuable human right. I was being persistent in the hopes of starting a conversation a little deeper than "I disagree with everything you said."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back