• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

2017 Trends that need to be stopped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gacha games like all those FE: Heroes, FF, DB and whatnot series people try to make way too much money over.

It's not a 2017 trend, but just a general beauty trend: the eyebrow style that beauty gurus like right now. Of course, it's not my place to tell anyone how to do their makeup, but it's just my personal preference for natural brows. So the trend doesn't really need to STOP per se, but I don't think I'll be taking part in it anytime soon :blush:

Well as long as people don't sport those really bad drawn or overly styled eyebrows, I'll leave it.

LOL Surprise
Poop Emoji Surprise
. . .and other sad variants of it.

Also, cheaply/poorly made squishies. Those make me really bummed out unless someone is repurposing them (/cough Moriah Elizabeth, one of the best).

"Cancelled" culture. I swear to God people would cancel their own granny in a heartbeat. What happened to encouraging people to learn and grow, and giving them the opportunity to do better? I feel like cancelled culture can be pretty detrimental, especially when young people are involved (on either side) because it encourages all-or-nothing thinking, stubbornness, and being judgemental while discouraging compassion, re-considering one's own actions/opinions, and self-improvement.

Also my high schoolers doing Fortnite dances and bottle flipping in the classroom. Seriously, guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back