• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Injections / Syringes in General

Thoughts?

• Don't mind them / Don't care

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Used to be scared when younger

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Still scared or terrified

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • Used to not mind them, now scared

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • like the feelin of em

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
I would cry when I got shots as a kid but as an adult I can tolerate them. Some people are gifted and can find the vein on the first try, not make it hurt, etc and others...... don't do that. I still wince and turn away when they first stick the needle in but I usually look once they start extracting blood/injecting. I think curiosity is part of it but I'm also a bit paranoid that there will be a bubble in the syringe or something and I'll have a stroke so I check to make sure lmao.

wow im a real creep im the only one voted that i like them smh

I wouldn't say.. terrified. I just hate getting them. I hate feeling them put stuff in, take stuff out. I hate hate hate hate hate that feeling so much. I just look away whenever I get them since I'm required to have it every year. Still not used to it.

i used to be scared of them. i mean, i think it's the pain of the initial prick that makes me hesitant but after that, i dont mind. after having my blood drawn for a drive, i dont fear them as much as i used to :) (and constant shots of numbing stuff from the dentist, that stuff works wonders)

i like to get really excited and pumped before i get shots so when they stick it in it feels less scary and more funny because i'm laughing and excited but theres still that thought like lol theres a needle in you

I still get a little nervous when I go in for a shot but since I'm planning to become a nurse, the idea of injections aren't so bad as they used to be. The one bad experience I remember though is when this nurse couldn't draw blood from my arm and she kept stabbing me to try until she finally settled on drawing blood from my hand.

i always still get nervous when i need a shot, i got a lot of vaccines as a baby (as most people do) and i completely don't remember them, even if i was around the age of four or five. years later i had to get a shot for school and i was completely terrified 8( but i didn't even feel anything but the lady was like r u ok u literally look like a tomato

Meh, I don't mind them. I've had like all my shots, several piercings and two tattoos so I've gotten use to them.

My husband also has to take a daily injection for his medication. After a few years you become desensitized to it all.

I don't mind them too much anymore, to be honest I kind of like controlled pain like injections at the doctors office (I don't shoot up ok) but maybe that's just me. I used to be terrified of shots when I was a child.

i used to be really scared of needles and would get pretty shaken up by them. one time in seventh(?) grade, i got a flu shot, and literally the next day, i got the flu :( not fun.

I used to terrified of them when I was a kid. When I moved to the United States, my parents lost all my records of vaccinations so I had to take about 6 in one day and about 12 in the coming months. I was able to handle it and now my fear of needles/injections are gone :)

I'm not a huge fan and i do experience some discomfort when i get a shot, but I for the most part am pretty tolerant.

Needles barely hurt idk why they affect me so much
I can cut open my finger cooking and just stand there and hop a little but if I get a shot i am on the verge of tears

Because of my medical anxiety needles are the height of my fear. I literally cry like a big fat baby, and cry harder when someone tries to reassure me... That being said I can be pierced and tattooed with zero fear, and actually much enjoyment. It's just medical needles that freak me out, like everything else medical...

I don't mind getting vaccines and stuff since they just stick it into your fat anyways but I hate, I say HATE taking blood tests and stuff when have to find a vessel/vein or what you call it and then drag it in and out so slowly. Have really low blood pressure so, yea.

Back