• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Injections / Syringes in General

Thoughts?

• Don't mind them / Don't care

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Used to be scared when younger

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Still scared or terrified

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • Used to not mind them, now scared

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • like the feelin of em

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

idiotdoomspiral

=__=
Apple 🍎
Persimmon 🍅
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Island
Alyse
Pink Crescent Moon
Moon Bunny
Yellow Crescent Moon
Ocean Pearl
Oarfish Head
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Tail
Silver Moon Jellyfish
Red Super Star Trophy
Are you scared of needles or injections? Personally I don't mind them, but I have had a pretty bad experience in Year 8 with one of my shoulders, I think it depends with who does your arm. I think it's an annoying pain (especially in blood tests) instead of an agonizing one.
The only time I get afraid of needles is if I see one on the street. I think about what would have happened if I accidentally stepped on it and it pierced me. There's a number to call if you find a syringe or any other suspicious object lying around but I forgot what it was.

When swine flu was a big deal I had to get the shot at school and my mom made me.

So I was scared (obvi) and the lady kinda held me down and I moved and she literally jammed the needle into to me like she was a killer tryna stab me or some ****. then she sent me to class with blood to drip all over my expensive clothes

I am going back on the depo shot here soon and that doesn't scare me...
what scares me is my mom laying down mentally preparing herself to give me the shot -.-" she went too far into my muscle that it bruised my skin and my arm was numb for a week.... ugh lol

and im not even going to lie

if my boyfriend wouldnt compare me to kylie jenner and if my family wouldnt roast me i would be totally down for lip injections as well. needles arent a big deal to me. at the hospital they took three blood samples and kinda left the needle and hose hanging on my arm and my mom was freaking out because i was moving around like it wasnt there HAHAHAH

I hate needles. I always have and I don't see myself ever being comfortable getting shots.

When swine flu was a big deal I had to get the shot at school and my mom made me.

So I was scared (obvi) and the lady kinda held me down and I moved and she literally jammed the needle into to me like she was a killer tryna stab me or some ****. then she sent me to class with blood to drip all over my expensive clothes

I am going back on the depo shot here soon and that doesn't scare me...
what scares me is my mom laying down mentally preparing herself to give me the shot -.-" she went too far into my muscle that it bruised my skin and my arm was numb for a week.... ugh lol

Sounds like a pretty ****ty experience. The nurse that did mine in my bad experience was kind enough to plaster that cotton stuff on me after the shot.
Also I caught swine flu when it was a big deal, for some strange reason our city didn't rush around telling schools to do vaccines, nowadays everyone keeps an eye on influenza.

Last edited:
Sounds like a pretty ****ty experience. The nurse that did mine in my bad experience was kind enough to plaster that cotton stuff on me after the shot.
Also I caught swine flu when it was a big deal, for some strange reason our city didn't rush around telling schools to do vaccines, nowadays everyone keeps an eye on influenza.

it was pretty crappy. i had the person sitting next to me tell me how i had blood all over myself and they were dumbfounded that the old woman sent me back that way

swine flu wasn't even a big deal around here, since nobody got it. but i remember when over 30 kids went home one day from the flu (third grade swine flu was in 7th) and the next day in almost all of my classes there were no more than 11 kids... i didn't get sick but seen 4 different kids puke in class that day which was repulsive

so it was really smart to do, but the phlebotamist(spelling?) at the health department always give shots like that.

I remember having the meningitis vaccination in school and my whole arm just dropped, lol.

Don't really mind them, I just hated it this one time when the nurse wasn't really paying attention and did it on a slant and it hurt like hell lol, oh well

I'm okay with needles. When I was younger I would cry but now I'm much better. I still get nervous. Worst case scenario I'll tear up a little especially if it's going to injected in a more sensitive area than the arms/shoulders.

i'm fine with needles, i have to trust the nurse to feel comfortable though. i had a really bad experience before (to prevent cervical cancer i think?) and it was one of the most painful things i've ever felt and it also ached so bad for about a week. luckily i didn't go to that woman again and my last injections in school went completetly fine

I was never scared as a child and I still don't mind today.

I've never been afraid of needles and they still don't bother me.

I get one every three weeks, but they still kinda scare me. I'm not as scared as I used to be but I definitely do not look forward to them.

I used to be scared of getting needles until I had a really bad iron deficiency and had to get my blood tested alll the time I became used to them, and being in the hospital and having a lot of tests done.

I don't mind them or the pain that much, I just hate that I get so lightheaded afterwards. The only time I was really traumatised by needles was when I had to get a tuberculosis vaccination as a kid and the needle was huge and hurt a lot :< The next time I got a shot was yeeeearrrs later when I was a lot older (like I'm talking a couple years ago, lol) and I had to be hospitalised for dengue fever. I was too out of it to even notice them taking my blood throughout the day. I remember it wasn't a pleasant experience because my nurse sucked and blamed my veins the whole time but even though she was stabbing me everywhere I wouldn't even say it hurt. Although maybe I was too tired from general body pain to care lol :/

Back