Metroid II: The Return of Samus Remake + Metroid Prime 4

lxjshrss

Resident Representative of Barlowe Island
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
7332-3823-3713
I almost started crying because it's been a decade since a good Metroid game and seven years since the last and Metroid II is finally getting a remake and we're getting a new Metroid game and I am h y p e d .

[SUB][SUB][SUB]please don't let it be like other m please nintendo[/SUB][/SUB][/SUB]

this was my favorite part of the Nintendo info released yesterday, the 3ds Metroid game looks awesome

I've never played a metroid game before but it looks interesting to me!

I love the 2D-Metroids but the Prime series is awesome too. Getting one of each this E3 is just pure bliss. I couldn't ask for more.

Wow, I didn't even know there was another prime coming out! AWESOME(even though I still haven't beat 2 and play 3)!!

10 days left until Samus Returns drops. I can't wait!

Likewise! I might ask to borrow some money from someone to get this game!

- - - Post Merge - - -

10 days left until Samus Returns drops. I can't wait!

Likewise! I might ask to borrow some money from someone to get this game!

I'm seeing two people in my 3DS friendlist playing Samus Returns right now. How'd they score early copies? I'm so jealous!

44 reviews are already in, and Metacritic compiled them all to give a review score of 88/100 as of now. Some of them even go as far saying that it matches with the level of quality of Super Metroid, if not even higher.

Definitely a must-have for any fan of Metroid and an essential purchase for anybody else!

Source: http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/metroid-samus-returns?ref=hp

I'm still having a hard time realizing that Return of Samus is a game worth buying. I wrote it off entirely after I learned of the developer and saw the 2.5 style.

I think I'll have to pick this thing up!

I'm so happy to see all the praise Samus Returns is getting. I'm just hoping it does well with the sales as well so we won't have to wait another 13 years for a classic Metroid.

I'm playing it and so far, I'm having a bit of problems with the controls. I'm so used to B being shoot and A being Jump from Metroid 1, Return of Samus, Fusion and Zero Mission.

Getting myself used to the new game's controls and engine will be easier said than done. It's great so far despite my struggles controlling it.

I got this game on release day. Damn is it good. The music, atmosphere, and graphics are exceptional. The most fun I've had playing Metroid in a long time.

The only complaint people seem to have are the controls. I wish there was a way to switch the controls, but I've gotten used to them and they're satisfying once you learn them. Didn't take too long for me.

So yes, BUY THIS GAME. It's super fun and Nintendo needs to see those good sales numbers so they know we support the series and want more!

hype for this seemed to fade quickly. im still interested in possibly picking this up-- any more reviews from anyone? how replayable is it?

- - - Post Merge - - -

hype for this seemed to fade quickly. i'm still interested in possibly picking this up-- any more reviews from anyone? how replayable is it?

hype for this seemed to fade quickly. im still interested in possibly picking this up-- any more reviews from anyone? how replayable is it?

It won best handheld game at the "game awards" (I guess they didn't count the Switch games as handhelds but whatever) and it is a good game. But I do feel that Samus Returns was a mediocre Metroid game though and I would much rather recommend Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion or Metroid: Zero Mission as I think those games are much better.

The biggest issues of Samus Returns comes from the original game that it remakes which is quite linear and repetitive. The developer, MerqurySteam, do improve on that to some extent but you can tell that the game is still held back by it's original design. On a personal note, I don't think the puzzles and secrets are nearly as good as in the two games for the Game Boy Advance. Those games have some really nice brain teasers.

As for replay value, I completed the game on normal difficulty (quite a challenge at times), went back to find 100% items (which unfortunately wasn't much of a challenge at all), and haven't touched it since. I still intend to play it on hard, but I just haven't felt motivated to pick it up just yet.

All-in-all, I'd give the game a 7/10 rating. I enjoyed it, but with so many great Metroid games in the past, I can't help but feel I little disappointed.

Also, the game sold pretty bad apparently, which comes as no surprise. The Metroid games usually doesn't sell well, and that especially goes for the classic styled games.

Back