Yellow Crescent Moon
Ocean Pearl
Oarfish Head
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Tail
Silver Moon Jellyfish
Red Super Star Trophy
did you ever grow up with neopets? i cant say i did as i just heard others around me go on it (i played moshi monsters which is kinda similar i think)
it has quite an interesting story to its development with the neopets CEO doug dohring having strong ties with scientology and the discussion with putting education about that in neopets, and donna's (one of the founders of neopets) AMA on reddit
what do you think about neopets? does it still hold a place in your heart or did it not interest you at all?

neopets was my childhood game and i remember coming home from school and playing obsessively at the age of 7 or 8
i'd also wake up at 6am and go straight to the computer to go see my pets
tbh i'd still be playing if they weren't so money hungry

Link to Donnas AMA?

I grew up on neopets. I was 10 and played until I was 21 or so. I went back to check it out a couple years ago and neopets is just a shell of its former self. I wanted to play key quest and habi again but they were gone. :(

I played Neopets, but I was so bad at it since I didn't know how to make money in the game and everything that was cool was really expensive! I know some go back because they understand how the economy works but I'm sad it's just...kind of dead. The whole virtual pets idea was cool but it was thrown away for advertisements galore. Sucks.

Yeah, it's the first website I played on in 2008. I've been trying to get access to my account ever since 2011.
I'd love to play it again, if I had access I'd probably spend decent money on it considering it's my oldest account ever.

Oh man, Neopets was my childhood. My mom actually played this bubble game in Neopets under my account so I earned money while she was enjoying playing it. I think I have half a million in my account, but I was a thrifty kid so I barely touched it. I never bought paintbrushes bc they were expensive stuff man! I did manage to snag tons of painted and limited neopets (like Poogles and Cybunnies) in the pound. I got bored with it after a while though, idk what to do there anymore.

Now that you mentioned it, Moshi Monsters was also part of my childhood! I didn't play it as frequently as I did Neopets buuut nevertheless I had fun with it since it had cuter graphics (and the monsters had noises!). Back in early grade school, my friends and I would discuss what Moshlings we got and stuff since there were so many to collect.

I was such an adoptables-loving child pffft.

Yeah. I just remember how explosively expensive the paintbrushes were. I used to play on their little 3D board game and played very strategically with the kiddos. Then they would spam one of the safe-locked messages at me because it's a 'friendly' game but I knew they were probably pissed.

I was teaching them a valuable lesson of life and you can't always win!
like trapping them with dung.

OH MY GOSH! Neopets! I used to love that game! I made an account back in 2010 and played actively for about three-ish years. Guess I might as well say it honestly, I actually made an account back in 2008, but I got that account frozen because clever little me had found a loophole to get unlimited premium items... My second account had a lot going for it: secret lab ray, premium pets, even a few trophies! I really liked that game, not anymore, though.

I played from 2002-2008, before all the rlc and premium crap. I remember all the asparagus chia Adam had and it was great. I even remember the Neopets tcg mall tours they had. If I was home at the moment, I'd take a picture of the baby zafara sketch I still have from it from one of the original artists that I had gotten from the tour.

I was unfortunately banned in 2008 on my original account for apparently role playing something "sexual" in neomail. They flagged me saying that two characters walking into another room, saying it was a sexual reference and banned me. Didn't know every instance of walking into another room was to do the do. I miss my baby zafara I had named Sam, who had like x100 different numbers after her name.

Last edited:
I started playing when I was 14, and I continued to play a lot as a teenager. I'm almost 29 now, and I still play every day. But by "play", I mean I collect my bank interest, make sure my pets are checked into the Neolodge (so I don't have to feed them), and check to see if there are any site events going on. Right now the Altador Cup is going on, which I used to get really excited about, but I haven't had much time for it this year. So yeah, it definitely isn't as important to me as it used to be, but I will always be fond of it just because of how much I loved it when I was younger.

Back