West London Tower Block Fire

_96480861_p055v8xr.jpg

The fire brigade have confirmed casualties, but aren't sure how many. It's feared the number may be dozens.

Bloody hell is all I have to say. This is crazy. The UK is getting hit madly now...

This is awful. The tower is still burning now. It's been reported that the cladding that had been recently added to the building wasn't fire safe.

i heard this from one of my teachers
a man on the news today was in the flats at the time. he was always told that if there was a fire the safest place would be to stay inside instead of trying to exit. he said that if he had listened he and his baby probably would have perished.

Last edited:
Bloody hell is all I have to say. This is crazy. The UK is getting hit madly now...

not sure if you mean hit badly as in all of the terrorist attacks as of late, but this isn't a terror incident

- - - Post Merge - - -

i heard this from one of my teachers
a man on the news today was in the flats at the time. he was always told that if there was a fire the safest place would be to stay inside instead of trying to exit. he said that if he had listened he and his baby probably would have perished.

Yeah, I heard the same story on the news this morning. I also heard a story about a family just dying in the street after getting out.

Who tells someone to stay in the building in the midst of a raging fire? May as well have just told them "you'll die anyway, why bother?" (they said that anyone on the top two floors had extremely slim chances of making it out alive as well).

not sure if you mean hit badly as in all of the terrorist attacks as of late, but this isn't a terror incident

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, I heard the same story on the news this morning. I also heard a story about a family just dying in the street after getting out.

Who tells someone to stay in the building in the midst of a raging fire? May as well have just told them "you'll die anyway, why bother?" (they said that anyone on the top two floors had extremely slim chances of making it out alive as well).

that second one is heartbreaking. i think they said it was safer because they had some sort of safety material around the building, and obviously that didn't work. i don't think there were any fire exits either.

I heard a story of a family of three trying to catch attention by waving blankets and things outside the window, and one by one they stopped coming to the window. Heartbreaking.

It's not a terrorist attack or at least isn't being treated as such, the story I heard was that a fridge blew up. It makes me really angry that these residents have been saying for ages that there needs to be something done about the fire safety in this building.

that second one is heartbreaking. i think they said it was safer because they had some sort of safety material around the building, and obviously that didn't work. i don't think there were any fire exits either.

they're actually investigating the advice they gave to "lock the door and stay in the apartment" because people were eventually led to throwing themselves and their children out of their windows.

the building is actually still burning.

- - - Post Merge - - -

the coating around the building wasn't actually fire-proof, which is why people think it was how the entire building was on fire in a matter of minutes.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's not a terrorist attack or at least isn't being treated as such, the story I heard was that a fridge blew up. It makes me really angry that these residents have been saying for ages that there needs to be something done about the fire safety in this building.

Highly unlikely that it is a terrorist attack. Most likely just poor fire safety precautions.

12 have been pronounced dead so far. But I fear the casualties are much higher than that. Has the cause been identified yet?

Back