• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Which of your villagers is the most contagious?

Ably.Saucey

Count your Many Blessings
Bells
Switch
5195-6588-2889
Orange Balloon
Father's Day Carnation
Spring Sakura
Blue Hybrid Violet
Purple Violet
Red Pansy
White Violet
Famous Mushroom
Spring Shamrock
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
What I mean ,is which one of you villagers seems to set the trends and spreads their phrase/shirt?
For Shirts, mine is Kyle, he got a hold of a stupid pink Number 4 shirt and I had 7 villagers wearing it!
For the phrase, mine is Diana, every one of my villagers has had "no doy" as a catchphrase at least once.

Curt for me. I gave him the phrase "rawr" and 6 of my villagers use it now... I'm kind of ashamed.

I think mine is Tammi or Phoebe with the phrases. Which is dangerous because they wander the farthest; both live polar opposite from each other. Tammi needs to move away forever.

Shirts? Well, they're practically wearing all the shirts I created. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. Diana is the only untouched one and Peewee loves his heart nipple shirt.

Mine is Ruby.. everyone in town wants to call me "pop star"

Roald is spreading his his wrestling shirt like the plague, Marina is making everyone say "bloop," and everyone loves Pekoe. I'm the least ok with Marina's catchphrase spreading because it's super awkward when anything non-aquatic says it.

Hehe!
Amiibo Mathilda is leaving after 5 months. So that's a start. :D

I've been trying for a game year to get a villager out of my cycling town (greetings from January 2018), some just won't leave.

Fuchsia maybe? But the most receptive to influence is Rodeo. He takes on every shirt and mismatching phrase. C'mon dude be yourself.

Yuka. Definitely. Early on, she got a Happi Tee, and put it on, right away. To this day, she still wears it. Scoot wore it, Inkwell wore it, Tammy wore it when she was in my town, and she's gotten crankies to go "tsk tsk".

Furthermore, about the Happi Tee plague (Not like I mind it, it's an awesome shirt), I've had this happen.
WVW69jrl1gMDT0isjX

We're both wearing that shirt. Also, I may or may not have made this trend propagate in a direction I want it to go...
WVW69kZHgdQB78nAy2

None that are still in my town. For some reason, they no longer pick up each others' catchphrases or shirts. Maybe because I never change them when they ask me for new phrases? I'm not sure. When I had Elvis in my town, he would spread his catchphrase the most and other people would start wearing his shirts.

Bonbon seems to be the popular one in my town. I guess that's normal for a peppy villager who's been in your town since the very beginning.

In my new, non time traveling town, my starters are Fang, Naomi, Bettina, Tank and Bubbles. Out of these five I would have to say Bettina is the most contagious. I'm playing my new town a lot so it's giving my villagers a lot of chances to interact. On the very first day (June 10th) Bettina got Fang and Tank to wear her chefs outfit. She also convinced Fang to say "eskers", at least I assume it's Bettina's catchphrase as it sounds like a mouse thing.

Bettina's birthday was two days ago (June 12th). I quickly ripped off the bulletin about wishing her a happy birthday. I don't like her, so I went to her party and gave her a flea I'd just picked off Bubbles. She graciously accepted my gift. The following morning, Bettina was walking around with a flea jumping on her so I caught it and she said thanks and not to tell anyone. Naturally, I immediately went to the bulletin board to announce her infestation and to steer clear.

Later on the same day I saw another flea on her and felt justified in warning everyone to stay away from her. :blush:

For fashion, it's Lucky. He is forever getting villagers to change their clothing, sometimes on their first full day in town!

For catchphrases, it's Portia. Every catchphrase I give her gets spread around town.

Toss-up between Mint and Flurry. Those two decide basically the entire social life of the town. Especially noticable because I changed Mint's catchphrase to "fresh" as a joke, and now everyone is saying it.

In my new, non time traveling town, my starters are Fang, Naomi, Bettina, Tank and Bubbles. Out of these five I would have to say Bettina is the most contagious. I'm playing my new town a lot so it's giving my villagers a lot of chances to interact. On the very first day (June 10th) Bettina got Fang and Tank to wear her chefs outfit. She also convinced Fang to say "eskers", at least I assume it's Bettina's catchphrase as it sounds like a mouse thing.

Bettina's birthday was two days ago (June 12th). I quickly ripped off the bulletin about wishing her a happy birthday. I don't like her, so I went to her party and gave her a flea I'd just picked off Bubbles. She graciously accepted my gift. The following morning, Bettina was walking around with a flea jumping on her so I caught it and she said thanks and not to tell anyone. Naturally, I immediately went to the bulletin board to announce her infestation and to steer clear.

Later on the same day I saw another flea on her and felt justified in warning everyone to stay away from her. :blush:

It happened before my very eyes.

Bettina approached Bubbles, and quickly Bubbles changed into a chefs outfit and pinged me to buy my crucial carp.

Just because you're wearing the uniform doesn't make you a chef!

Back