Which of your villagers is the most contagious?

I'm not really sure about shirts, but before I reset, it was Lobo's catchphrase that spread around to practically everyone. Watching a tiny hamster go "Ahwoooooooo!!" is really something.

Deidre, definitely. A lot of my villagers have had contagious catchphrases, but not really clothing until her. Now almost all of my villagers are wearing Deirdre's shirt! I like her though so it's forgivable.

Probably Bill! About half of my villagers have "quacko" as their catchphrase now, which I'm 100% on board with lol :)

Boone is definitely most contagious! He started calling me muscles and now EVERYONE calls me muscles... ahh i miss the good old days when i got called "honeybun" and "darling..."
Also everyone wears his shirts, and a lot of people are taking his catchphrase of "baboom!"

Such a trendsetter :')

I'm not sure about shirts, I don't think they go as far as that, maybe two wearing the same thing. Merengue's phrase on the other hand is always being stolen and used by the others! I like giving them all ones that suit them. Merengue sort of likes cooking or comes with a lot of cooking stuff so I got her phrase as 'Ramsey bae~' as in gordan ramsey and it bothers me how others use it.

For the shirt, it'd currently have to be Phoebe... spreading her tin shirt drives me crazy. But everyone was also wearing the shirts by "Someone from Anytown," also drove me insane. But suddenly, without realizing it, multiple villagers are saying kitty cat. I don't even have Kiki in my town anymore! I think Apple had picked it up form her, and then suddenly others are saying it.

Poppy. Every time she gives me a nickname, everyone starts calling everyone that. I also had to reset 4 villagers because they all ran around screaming "nutty"

For the longest time she had a plain white shirt that everyone else started running around with, too.

i left the duck/chick design in my abel sisters and beau got a hold of it. nearly half of my villagers are wearing it now. i love beau though. so yeah.

In my new, non time traveling town, my starters are Fang, Naomi, Bettina, Tank and Bubbles. Out of these five I would have to say Bettina is the most contagious. I'm playing my new town a lot so it's giving my villagers a lot of chances to interact. On the very first day (June 10th) Bettina got Fang and Tank to wear her chefs outfit. She also convinced Fang to say "eskers", at least I assume it's Bettina's catchphrase as it sounds like a mouse thing.

Bettina's birthday was two days ago (June 12th). I quickly ripped off the bulletin about wishing her a happy birthday. I don't like her, so I went to her party and gave her a flea I'd just picked off Bubbles. She graciously accepted my gift. The following morning, Bettina was walking around with a flea jumping on her so I caught it and she said thanks and not to tell anyone. Naturally, I immediately went to the bulletin board to announce her infestation and to steer clear.

Later on the same day I saw another flea on her and felt justified in warning everyone to stay away from her. :blush:

Aha, love the flea story. Also I'm noticing that Naomi is trending as one of peoples starter villagers. I got her at Mudgee, and you're the second person here to mention having her at the start too. Such a shame she was in a bad plot, I really liked her look.

tbh I don't know who exactly sets the trends but Scoot is definitely a trend follower with no matter how many times I change his phrase or his shirt back to normal he always wants to be somebody else

I think mine is Tammi or Phoebe with the phrases. Which is dangerous because they wander the farthest; both live polar opposite from each other. Tammi needs to move away forever.

Shirts? Well, they're practically wearing all the shirts I created. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. Diana is the only untouched one and Peewee loves his heart nipple shirt.

I'm still gagging over that heart nipple shirt... hahaha.

My villagers who live near each other in pairs often have an effect on each other.. like Beau and Tangy who are neighbors both wear the same shirt, same with Stinky and Nana. But Tangy's greeting "I'm an orange" has been spreading like wildfire among the villagers. The only villager that seems to be so out of touch with trends is Freckles. She has been wearing the same heart shirt since December and is the only one saying "quackle"... but I like it that way. I fear the day she adopts a new shirt u_u

Lobo somehow. I made him call me "big meat" as a joke, and now Pashmina wants to call me that too, no thanks! His shirt deisgn is also on Molly and Snake now, RIP. The checkered tank will reign supreme in Cinnamon I guess.

Marshal. There was a time where every villager in my town had "sulky" as a catchphrase haha.

One time, Fang even had the same outfit as him lmao. Good times~

Last edited:
I'm still gagging over that heart nipple shirt... hahaha.

Cally actually adopted the heart nipple shirt, which might be worse because she's so cute and innocent. THEN I made an eggplant shirt and Phil wore it. Both Cally and Phil moved into my boyfriend's town and he was so pissed. :rolleyes:

I should really evaluate my shirt making decisions.

There hasn't really been that villager in my most recent towns, but in an old town it was Genji. Almost the whole town had his shirt on. Eventually it got on my nerves so bad that I used a time travel trick to get them to change back. Genji's shirt really doesn't work for everyone, so it looked awful on villagers like Ruby since it was such a bright green. I really wish villagers couldn't change shirts in new leaf, it's a pet peeve of mine. Especially to shirts of those living in the same town. I like my villagers to look individual tbh. I always anxiously save every few minutes, so I can always backtrack incase they change shirts.

Last edited:
Back