forestyne

Finally Left.
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
October Birthstone (Opal)
Flea
tumblr_ogc69eRmQ41vcuylko1_500.gif

I think birds are adorable! I really wanted a parrotlet, since I heard they tend to bond more to humans than to other birds, but I'm also broke and I don't like supporting the exotic pet trade. Maybe one day. Personally, I'm against owning most species of true parrots because of their incredibly long lifespans (most parrots will barely even live a tenth of that because of poor care) and how much space they need. I personally feel species like the African Grey and Macaws are much better off in the wild, unless they have an owner who knows what they are doing and is extremely well-capable of giving them the proper care to thrive.

Do any of you guys have pet birds? Do you like pet birds? What do you think about owning birds?

(send birb memes stat)

We were sort of forced given finches as pets by my sister's friend who owned an outdoor aviary of finches. I think they were zebra finches. They were okay and very messy. My sister didn't really want them at all.

I've petsit for a cockatoo a couple times for my neighbor friend. He was trained to sing a tune that he slowly turned it into his own song. I've held him before, and he was very gentle.

I've always liked birds, especially macaws (maybe not as pets) or the bigger species but they make me a little nervous. Their beaks are such a powerful tool, so even if they're just using it to climb; I immediately think it'll bite me.

My mom had parakeets when I lived with her. Theyre cute but I always feel bad for pets that spend most of their life in a cage.

One of my husbands friends had an indoor forest/greenhouse thing where he kept his birds and I thought that was awesome. If I ever get birds I want to wait until I can do that for them.

My uncle has some birds too. I think when he's home he let's them fly around his house freely which is also nice. He has a lot of plants too for them to play in.

images

My favorite bird is the magpie but I don't think it's legal to own one. xD

sfw_black-billed-magpie1a.jpg

Last edited:
I used to have two parekeets growing up. I was really young so it was more my grandparents taking care of them instead of me but I did love them. They were messy and didn't live that long but I've always been more of a dog/cat person myself. Big parrots are beautiful but I think I'd be too nervous they'd bite me to actually get them out. I don't see myself ever getting another one, we already have two cats so I'd worry about them bothering a bird. They'll attack a plastic bag as long as they think it's moving._.

My favorite species of bird is bird. I love birds. They are like little flying balls of cotton that sometimes make cute/annoying noises.

I would like to own pet birds, they're very awesome creatures. I wouldn't like to own flying birds unless I had an aviary or something to keep them in, I don't like them being stuck in a small cage (Or they could fly round my house instead).

I really like quail though, some of them are just little round balls and are too cute. They can't fly so they'd be nice pets if you protected them from stuff. I find it depressing that they're used for hunting though :(

I absolutely love birds and I actually am planning to get my own parrotlet this Sunday after six months of research into their care and other things to try to give one the best life I can provide. The only problem is I blew all my money on the only Nintendo Switch I found at Meijers so now idk if I'll be able to get one in the foreseeable future :T.

I really like Birds. They are pretty great! :D
I currently have 2 Parakeets and they make me happy alot. :)

I used to have 2 pet birds! I didn't really have a bond with them since I was quite young but they were really cute to watch and all. I just get sad seeing them in cages when they could out flying and stuff :(

I currently own a bird but my Pop takes care of it.
My grandparents used to have a budgie and awwww it was SO cute. It would sit on their shoulders and play with them and just *-* <3

i had two budgies when i was 7
one died of an intestinal disease and we had our little neighbourhood come over for its funeral
the other was sent to another budgie place somewhere
i want a pet crow lol

In my early teens I was all about pet birds!

I got a cockatiel back in 2000. He's still alive, but has become quite grouchy. I left him at home with my parents because he's just too noisy nowadays, not a good fit for an apartment. Plus, he's pretty old, my parents said he should be left where he has been for so many years.

I love birds but for the reasons you stated, I would never own one myself. Plus, my apartment doesn't allow pets and I'm really sensitive to noise so I wouldn't get much sleep. My best friend has 3 birds. They've lived a long some so I think she takes proper care of them but I'm not sure what species they are and what their average lifespan is. Her house is huge so noise isn't a huge issue for her since they stay in the living room. I'd be so cool if I could just talk to animals and have them bond without having to keep them as pets, you know? Some type of Dr. Dolittle shenanigans.

Back