• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you like Club LOL?

Yes or No?: Club LOL.

• Total voters

Mink777

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I personally, am not a big fan of the club. I think it's because I liked the Marquee so much, and I was bitter about this replacing it. What do you guys think abut the club? Do you want it to be in the next game? Is it not right for Animal Crossing? I'm curious to see your thoughts.

Last edited:
I actually really like Club LOL. At first I didn't because Dr. Shrunk's jokes are the worst ever, but I've grown to enjoy them because his jokes are so! bad! that they're funny. I like going there to hear K.K. Slider play, and I usually listen to a couple songs before leaving. I like going on non-Saturday nights and just listening- I think it's suuuper cute that everyone in the club when K.K. is playing bobs up and down in time with the music!

But I've only ever played ACNL, so maybe it's just because I'm not also bitter about the Marquee :blush:

I never played Wild World so idk what that is, but i don't like Club LOL either? idk it's just boring I only go there to get the action stickers from shrunk & the whole time i'm just pressing down b so he'll shut up lmao

Yeah I don't really like it either. I just ever go there for the reactions. That is literally the only use it has. I wish K.K. Slider still played at the Roost, it made more sense to me.

Last edited:
Yes, it's very funny :rolleyes:

Nah, to be honest I only used it to get the emoticons, face expression or whatever, I didn't go there too often.

I only go there now to get a free song on Saturdays, but every once in a while I'll listen to DJ K.K. just for the heck of it. I never played Wild World, so I have no hate against it.

I'm not a huge fan but I don't mind it. I go there to get the reactions and occasionally to get copies of songs, but it isn't something I care to visit every day. I'm not sure what the marquee was like because I've only played ACNL. Was the character cuter than Shrunk? I'm sure they were. Idk what Shrunk even is. X.x haha

I think it was a cute but poorly implemented idea. It feels more like an empty warehouse than a club and there's never anyone there. Poor kk wasting his time every night dj-ing with no audience. The remixed songs were cute at least.

I'd like it better if Brewster's still had that stage. KK could play every Saturday like in past games and Shrunk could have a terrible stand up routine the rest of the nights.

I think it's kind of fun. The emotions were fun to get and Dr. Shrunk is a nice wacky character. I like that your character can dance to the music like fist pumping. I just don't use it often, only for gaining KK songs.

(Dr. shrunk is an axolotl.)

I was against it for a long time, especially before the game was released & we just found out it was called Club LOL in English. I'm still not a fan of the name, but I enjoy the concept. I wish there was a bit more variety in it, though. After getting the emotions, the only reason I go in there is for K.K. music & that's only if I remember on Saturday nights.

No.
I never go there.
It was a big disappointnent to find I was the only one there with Shrunk at night.
Sometimes I'd find a villager there.
Hardly a Club atmosphere.

It's cute but it's super boring. :/

Eh I'm not super into it, I was pretty excited about it when I got it but I almost never go there. For the most part I can't even be bothered to go there to get the emotions from shrunk, which is literally the only time i go. I guess I'm just not into his jokes lol. Seems pretty pointless to me tbh.

imo it's pretty cute - a nice little place to visit, especially in multiplayer. I wish it was more interactive though (like I wish you had the ability to request songs everyday, or a little dance-off minigame with the villagers, idk)
I still prefer kk playing at the roost/by the train station (gamecube) though. it fit his character better/made more sense

It's slightly better than the coffee shop. Another place that is so cute and has some function but then you find yourself never going. I fed Shrunk til I got all my faces and I forget often to go get K.K. music xD

I'm neutral about it. Like everyone said, playing at The Roost or at the train station made more sense for K.K. and that it was poorly implemented in my opinion. Maybe if villagers you don't have showed up there and you could invite them to your town it would be better.

I wish there were more Saturday nights... but I don't mind it!

Its OK better than we had in previous versions of ac.
Shrunk is an axolotl - he mentions it in one of the jokes.
In acww he used to appear at your door on loading the game, as one of the possible visiting NPC characters.
He was Dr Shrunk then, (psychiatrist, 'shrink'), comedy being a side line/hobby. The worst thing was only being able to hold 4 emotes. You could change them out, but only with what he offered. It could take a long time to get 4 good ones.

Marquee came in with city Folk - mainly Shrunk (is this where he went from Dr Shrunk to Shrunk, can't remember). I think it was still only 4 emotes. Very rarely Shrunk was replaced by a new character called Frillard, (a lizard). I played accf for 2 years or so - and never saw Frillard!

LOL in New Leaf is a good step forward, given we can hold all the emotes, at least they help a bit at CT islands. But agree I find LOL (or is it 101, whatever) boring, don't go once I've got all emotes, & KK songs.
The emotes are a bit of fun if done in front of villagers/NPC's, sometimes I go and annoy Phyllis.

Back