Super Mario Odyssey General Discussion

I got every power moon in the game, except for the dark side and darker side. I have to say, this game is really long.

Ummmmm..... Huh

I like it when games are really long, it gives me more time to play it and really enjoy it.

I made a comment back when 3D World was released, saying "I wish games like this were as long as Skyrim". Apparently my dream came true lol

got mario odyssey for christmas and it's super fun! i've been enjoying it despite not being one of my initial top choices. i got mario a cowboy hat, love it.

got mario odyssey for christmas and it's super fun! i've been enjoying it despite not being one of my initial top choices. i got mario a cowboy hat, love it.

Omg that sounds adorable :,)

I didn't get a Switch for Christmas so I still can't play it. Maybe someday...

Also does anyone else fangirl over this game as much as I do? Like I really just can't get enough of this game it's so cute xD

Last edited:
Omg that sounds adorable :,)

I didn't get a Switch for Christmas so I still can't play it. Maybe someday...

Also does anyone else fangirl over this game as much as I do? Like I really just can't get enough of this game it's so cute xD

it is! and if you love mario 64 then you'll love odyssey. idk how much you know about the ending (or post-ending) of the game, but it gives a lot of homage to 64 and i love it.

it's definitely the best mario game, it took everything we loved from 64 and galaxy and even classic mario and made something new and fun and i really enjoyed it.

So does anyone else reALLY ****ING HATE THE STUPID 100 JUMP MOON?! Because I’m honestly about to have a breakdown because of it

So does anyone else reALLY ****ING HATE THE STUPID 100 JUMP MOON?! Because I?m honestly about to have a breakdown because of it

If you simply want an easy way out, then....

...you could exploit the Talkatoo Glitch in a way to let you float in the air, therefore not needing to hop for the mini-game to register a successful jump. Do it before Nintendo patches the glitch out.

More detailed explanation here.

If you simply want an easy way out, then....

...you could exploit the Talkatoo Glitch in a way to let you float in the air, therefore not needing to hop for the mini-game to register a successful jump. Do it before Nintendo patches the glitch out.

More detailed explanation here.

If I saw this earlier, I probbaly would have done this lmao. I just got it after an hour of doing it though

Last edited:
I've gotten addicted to Balloon World. Never expected it to be this much fun. I just wish people wouldn't use glitches to hide balloons in solid objects/walls. :/

I already stopped playing Balloon World tbh, it was fun for a while but more and more people place balloons out of bounds which end up breaking my streaks everytime. It's not fun at all and so cheap from the people who hid those balloons. What's the fun in cheating? Nobody will find you balloon and thus you cannot experience the fun of looking for a different hiding spot after your balloon has been popped. Honestly to me that's the best part, looking for hiding spots!

I've gotten addicted to Balloon World. Never expected it to be this much fun. I just wish people wouldn't use glitches to hide balloons in solid objects/walls. :/

Yeah, I'm not going to really play anymore until they fix the balloons. There are just far too many that have been hidden out of bounds to the point I'm not having fun.

I hate that every time I want to play, the servers are under maintenance. Guess I am just ridiculously unlucky in the times I want to hop on :\

Luigi's Balloon World is pretty fun, but the out of bound balloons are definitely annoying af. I enjoy finding good hiding places and glitching takes away the whole point of the game IMO.

I spent over 1000 coins on a balloon in Cascade Falls only to finally realize it was hidden inside the wall behind the waterfall. It's such a shame that people do this. Many balloons with high reward are actually really cleverly hidden and have given me a nice challenge but I don't want to get a balloon that is hidden out of bounds so I'm always reluctant to try the higher award ones. :/

I spent over 1000 coins on a balloon in Cascade Falls only to finally realize it was hidden inside the wall behind the waterfall. It's such a shame that people do this. Many balloons with high reward are actually really cleverly hidden and have given me a nice challenge but I don't want to get a balloon that is hidden out of bounds so I'm always reluctant to try the higher award ones. :/

I like the balloon challenge thing on SMO but is there a time limit to find them? That's kinda what kills it for me.

Sucks that you had to spend so many coins to find it ^^"

I like the balloon challenge thing on SMO but is there a time limit to find them? That's kinda what kills it for me.

I mean, what would be the point without a time limit, would basically take away all the fun/challenge of the mode.

Yeah, worst thing was that I couldn't even pop it because it was out of bounds. :/ The cost wasn't that big of a deal though - the rewards are usually so high that I made up for it after popping just a couple of balloons. I've made over 100,000 coins so far so you'll definitely make more than you spend.

I can totally see that the speed running aspect of it can take away the fun for some. Maybe there should be another mode where you got to search for balloons without the time limit?

So I spent ~7500 coins on one balloon. Not my proudest moment but at least I got it, hey?

Back