• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Super Mario Odyssey General Discussion

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Peach 🍑
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Green Bunny Balloon
Cyan Bunny Balloon
Snow Bunny
Fresh Feather
Cool Feather
Just watched the preview for SMO from the E3 presentation...

AND OMG THE HYPE IS SO REAL RN I CAN'T EVEN CONTAIN IT!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

What's your favorite part of the game so far?
I personally love that Kevin (that's what I call the hat with eyes lol) can possess enemies, and they brought back Chain Chomps!! Like I am so hyped for this!!!! I get to see mah boiz in this brand spankin' new awesome 3D environment!!

What do yall think??

EDIT: Now that the game is out, please keep spoiler alerts in spoilers!

Last edited:
I think it looks fantastic! I got some real Mario 64 vibes <3 I can't wait! ... Even though I don't even have a Switch yet.. Surely they'll get restocked soon..??

Honestly surprised that there wasn't a thread for this game already BUT OMG THIS GAME

JUMP UP 'CAUSE YOU KNOW THAT I'LL BE THERE
And if you find you're short on joy,
don't break, just don't forget that
YOU'RE STILL OUR 1-UP BOY

I think it looks fantastic! I got some real Mario 64 vibes <3 I can't wait! ... Even though I don't even have a Switch yet.. Surely they'll get restocked soon..??

I honestly haven't been around any area that sold game systems since the Switch has been released, so I have no idea if there are shortages in my area.

I plan on buying one around the time when this game is released in late October :rolleyes:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Honestly surprised that there wasn't a thread for this game already BUT OMG THIS GAME

JUMP UP 'CAUSE YOU KNOW THAT I'LL BE THERE
And if you find you're short on joy,
don't break, just don't forget that
YOU'RE STILL OUR 1-UP BOY

I know!! As soon as I watched the trailer I was like OMG I'M MAKING A THREAD FOR THIS IT'S TOO GOOD

I was walking in and out of the room during this part of Nintendo's presentation, but I took one look and said: it's Grand Theft Mario!!

This seems really interesting to me. Idk how i feel about the 'mario in the real world' thing, but being able to possess enemies and other things, including a freaking t-rex seems really cool to me.

There's a lot here that I think is really cool, but idk if it's enough to compel me to get a switch. Probably the only thing that could do that is Animal Crossing. :p

This seems really interesting to me. Idk how i feel about the 'mario in the real world' thing, but being able to possess enemies and other things, including a freaking t-rex seems really cool to me.

There's a lot here that I think is really cool, but idk if it's enough to compel me to get a switch. Probably the only thing that could do that is Animal Crossing. :p

I think it's funny when I see SM characters in "the real world".

Especially how Mario is shorter than all the normal people xDDDD

I think it's funny when I see SM characters in "the real world".

Especially how Mario is shorter than all the normal people xDDDD

idk, I don't hate it but something about it kind of irks me a little. Like, if those are real people then what the heck is mario?

Hopefully I get it for Xmas. It looks really cool. They're are just so many Switch games I can buy, but I don't want to play all my money over :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

idk, I don't hate it but something about it kind of irks me a little. Like, if those are real people then what the heck is mario?

There is a theory that that city is mainly Donkey Kong based. And of course, DK's bananas make organisms larger soo . . .

ITS JUST A THEORY, A GAME THEORY!

Anyone else think this game is definitely gonna be Game of the Year? It just has that feel to it... overall, I'm super excited to get it this Holiday season.

There is a theory that that city is mainly Donkey Kong based. And of course, DK's bananas make organisms larger soo . . .

I think it is based on Donkey Kong. The license plates on the Taxis say "DK-1981" so that just makes it more obvious.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Anyone else think this game is definitely gonna be Game of the Year? It just has that feel to it... overall, I'm super excited to get it this Holiday season.

It better be game of the year! It's already one of my favorite games and I haven't even played it yet!!

I think the game looks like a lot of fun. It has way more energy than previous Mario games since Galaxy & Sunshine (my personal favorite). I'll Be Your 1-Up Girl is so catchy omg!

I really like the different locations and how they all have their own unique vibe unlike Sunshine which was pretty much all the same.

Mario is just Mario tbh, I don't question it.

It's funny how far they've come from spamming half-assed Super Mario Bros games. :)

I can't wait for this!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Where was this question when Smash 4 brought all these "real people" to their roster? lol

I think it's pretty much confirmed that the city is DK based. What with all the lil references hidden throughout the city in the gameplay videos. Plus Mayor Pauline, I mean...

Back