• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Super Mario Odyssey General Discussion

omg guys I'm like seriously starting to live vicariously cause I wanna play this game so bad but I just have to listen to other people's stories about it. Idk if that's a bag thing but it's so awesome getting to hear yall talk about it!!

I personally think Cappy is annoying, but eh.
!
And how dare you talk bad about Kevin, he's a good child, he makes my like whole T_T

If someone ever asks you what's so great about SMO just show them this pic:
34. doggo.jpg
SM64 boi is lit :cool:

If someone ever asks you what's so great about SMO just show them this pic:
View attachment 210484
SM64 boi is lit :cool:

Ha I was just playing in seaside kingdom and that dog was following me around. This game really is amazing though. I grew up with 64 and Sunshine and it combines and improves upon elements of both. The Peach amiibo adding extra lives is OP though.

Last edited:
Well kinda...but not really.

Am I the only one who thinks the chubby seals in the Snow Kingdom are freaking ADORABLE and that Nintendo needs to make Amiibo and plushies of these guys like, right now?

Am I the only one who thinks the chubby seals in the Snow Kingdom are freaking ADORABLE and that Nintendo needs to make Amiibo and plushies of these guys like, right now?

7. fat seal.jpg
Heck yes

Huh? I thought they were bears...

Also, *MAJOR SPOILERS*, I finally collected all of the regional coins in the Mushroom Kingdom. I've still been collecting lots of power moons. I'm close to getting enough for unlocking the final levels.

Huh? I thought they were bears...

Also, *MAJOR SPOILERS*, I finally collected all of the regional coins in the Mushroom Kingdom. I've still been collecting lots of power moons. I'm close to getting enough for unlocking the final levels.

Nah. The Mario wiki describes them as seal/penguin-like animals. But I'd say they're just chubby seals.

**** darker side of the moon man... got to the woodpecker part and died. That stage really tests your sanity. Pretty on-par with the bonus stages in Super Mario 3D World.

**** darker side of the moon man... got to the woodpecker part and died. That stage really tests your sanity. Pretty on-par with the bonus stages in Super Mario 3D World.

From what I've seen from other players and YouTube videos so far, the difficulty of the challenge from the darker side of moon stems mostly from how long the stage is without any sort of checkpoint and the sheer amount of bottomless pits. The sections in this level aren't nowhere near as tricky as the ones found in the rather short Champion Road from Super Mario 3D Land, but they still demand a much higher degree of consistency on your part than the rest of the game. Some might even argue that this type of challenge tends to be tedious, as it takes a longer while to get back where you were whenever you fail.

I just finished the dark side on assist mode, and unlocked the king outfit. Hopefully I'll unlock the darker side soon, but that might take a long while.

Yeah, the part with the Pokio is murder. Still haven't gotten past it.

I plan on getting each unique moon (pretty close) would I have to still buy extra moons from the shops to hit 999 for 100% completion?

I plan on getting each unique moon (pretty close) would I have to still buy extra moons from the shops to hit 999 for 100% completion?

I think so. I just beat the final challenge in the game and have 880 moons. Now I'm saving up coins to buy the additional moons.

I'm getting pretty close to collecting all the purple coins/unique moons per world. I thought the Koopa races would be a problem beforehand but they're actually pretty easy. Learning the hat dive jump is super helpful for that and a lot of other things.

Still need moons from Mushroom Kingdom, Bowser's Kingdom, Moon, Dark Side of the Moon, Darker Side of the Moon.

Some stuff happened and I had to get rid of my Switch but I'll be getting a new one soon and I can not wait to get my hands on this damn game. I've been hearing nothing but great things. :'')

I've been exploring every nook and cranny to find more power moons and get enough to unlock the darker side. Toadette has been providing me plenty of these moons. Same with Captain Toad, the racing koopa troopas, etc.. Despite how long I've been collecting moons, I'm still 98 away from unlocking the darker side. Hopefully I'll get enough moons soon, because I'm starting to lose motivation to keep on playing the game.

I've been exploring every nook and cranny to find more power moons and get enough to unlock the darker side. Toadette has been providing me plenty of these moons. Same with Captain Toad, the racing koopa troopas, etc.. Despite how long I've been collecting moons, I'm still 98 away from unlocking the darker side. Hopefully I'll get enough moons soon, because I'm starting to lose motivation to keep on playing the game.

This statement deeply saddens me.

It appears you're not really enjoying SMO to its fullest extent and all it has to offer, you're just playing and looking for the items to complete the game.

It appears you're not really enjoying SMO to its fullest extent and all it has to offer, you're just playing and looking for the items to complete the game.

I don't get what you're saying. I am enjoying it. I'm trying to complete it without a guide, so I can explore and find surprises I never knew were in the game.

I almost have enough moons to unlock the darker side, so it won't take much longer to reach 500.

I think the main game is great but the post game became such a repetitive grind. Was already tired of the races after the first one.

Back