• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pansexuality

Gregriii

Glad to be back!
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
New Horizons Token
Pikachu Easter Egg
Special Snowflake
sooo lately i have seen tons of people saying that pansexuality doesn't exist, as it is biphobic and transphobic :confused:

what do you think? i think pansexuality exists and yes this may seem a bit dumb but i have friends which get really annoyed when i talk about this and they act like "no it isnt real shut up" :confused:

aaand keep this civil, this isn't drama bait or something like that i'm just confused and want to know what y'all think c:

i dont see a difference between pansexuality and bisexuality honestly
right now i think they just mean the same thing as eachother, but if someone could explain the difference that would be cool

I'm not trying to be mean or discourage the thread but this might be a VERY sensitive topic so I wouldn't even bother with this im not giving an opinion because I don't understand most of this since I'm still quite young, and also because anything I say I get screamed at so no thank you...

I think bisexual is having an attraction towards men and women. Pansexual can like men, women, trans, gender fluid, agender, etc. At least that's how my friend explained it.

Not sure how that applies now that the term gender is constantly changing.

Last edited:
I think bisexual is having an attraction towards men and women. Pansexual can like men, women, trans, gender fluid, agender, etc. At least that's how my friend explained it.

That has always been my understanding too.

I think pansexuality exists. Even if it "doesn't" it's just a word a person can use to describe themselves. Like I can call myself a magical flying hippo and if I'm not hurting anyone identifying this way and I'm not being super pushy about it and demanding people call me by my full title, I don't see why it's something people get upset about.

I know they exist because I am one. I don't care if my partner is male, female, straight, queer, trans, nonbinary, etc. I care way more about personality than I do any of those things. I know it's hard to believe people who think like this exist, but they do.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i totally tried justifying it so it makes it seem real but i disproved my own sexuality's existence and i dont even know what's going on anymore

- - - Post Merge - - -

cause if i say that pansexuality is a bit more open whereas bisexuality is just liking men and women, it makes bisexual people sound like transphobics and whatever

- - - Post Merge - - -

That has always been my understanding too.

I think pansexuality exists. Even if it "doesn't" it's just a word a person can use to describe themselves. Like I can call myself a magical flying hippo and if I'm not hurting anyone identifying this way and I'm not being super pushy about it and demanding people call me by my full title, I don't see why it's something people get upset about.

i get that it's not hurting anyone, but imo humans can't 'be' or identify as other animals or beings than the one they were born as. being a different gender inside is different because gender is a mental and emotional feeling, but i guess feeling like you're a different species is impossible

i mean i identify as a blue lizard and i found this offensive

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i totally tried justifying it so it makes it seem real but i disproved my own sexuality's existence and i dont even know what's going on anymore

- - - Post Merge - - -

cause if i say that pansexuality is a bit more open whereas bisexuality is just liking men and women, it makes bisexual people sound like transphobics and whatever

- - - Post Merge - - -

i get that it's not hurting anyone, but imo humans can't 'be' or identify as other animals or beings than the one they were born as. being a different gender inside is different because gender is a mental and emotional feeling, but i guess feeling like you're a different species is impossible

i mean i identify as a blue lizard and i found this offensive

I get you. I was just giving an example of something I also don't believe in for the folks who don't believe in pansexuality. I just don't get why people argue over the way a person identifies if that person (or other kin or whatever they want to call themselves)is really not affecting anyone by identifying the way they do.

Last edited:
I get you. I was just giving an example of something I also don't believe in for the folks who don't believe in pansexuality. I just don't get why people argue over the way a person identifies if that person (or other kin or whatever they want to call themselves)is really not affecting anyone by identifying the way they do.

oh okay, i get your point now

Pansexuality, as some others have said here, means you are capable of loving anybody of any sex and any gender.

I don't really think it's fair to generalise it under bisexuality, though. Bisexuals may not all want someone who is of an "alternative" sex or gender. In the same way that it's not sexist for gay people to only love guys, bisexuals should not feel pressured into loving everyone the same way pansexuals do.

Last edited:
lmao why eould it be biphobic or transphobic

it's transphobic to think that trans people are a seperate gender from the gender they identify as (so, like, it's transphobic to say that you are pansexual *because* you like girls And trans girls, like, no that's Bad .)

- - - Post Merge - - -

yea thats transphobic. trans people arent a separate gender just bc theyre trans. cis men and trans men are both men, so if youre only attracted to men and youre a girl youre straight even tho u are attracted to trans men Because Guess What trans men are men. so like. that's not Kool

but w the definition of the different sexualities what i mosy commonly hear abt pansexuality is either gender doesnt matter or that theyre attracted to all genders. n bi is often described as being attracted to 2 or more genders. but all sexualities are trans includive (unless youre a transphobe) bc trans isnt a separate gender

Yo what. How is it transphobic? The difference between pan and bi is that pan people also like those identifying as something other than male or female.

Anyway, I used to be confused with the difference between bi and pan but the difference is great enough to give that sexuality a name. Don't listen to anyone saying it doesn't exist. It does.

that's the dumbest thing ever... how would it ever be transphobic or biphobic even? since i think pan means they're welcome to everyone while bi is just the two main genders. i've had a lot of trouble properly understanding the difference between pan and bi but since bi is two and pan is all it would make sense

Last edited:
tbh i thought pansexuality was the one where you loved people for their personality rather than their genitals/looks

i think pansexual means you like any gender, whereas bisexual is two genders

lmao why eould it be biphobic or transphobic

it's transphobic to think that trans people are a seperate gender from the gender they identify as (so, like, it's transphobic to say that you are pansexual *because* you like girls And trans girls, like, no that's Bad .)

- - - Post Merge - - -

yea thats transphobic. trans people arent a separate gender just bc theyre trans. cis men and trans men are both men, so if youre only attracted to men and youre a girl youre straight even tho u are attracted to trans men Because Guess What trans men are men. so like. that's not Kool

but w the definition of the different sexualities what i mosy commonly hear abt pansexuality is either gender doesnt matter or that theyre attracted to all genders. n bi is often described as being attracted to 2 or more genders. but all sexualities are trans includive (unless youre a transphobe) bc trans isnt a separate gender

oh i get that it meant by transphobic. yeah, i guess if you think about it that way, it would be transphobic.

I thought Pan-sexual people were more attracted to the personality than the gender.

How do we call people that are especially attracted to trans and have no interest for cis?

I totally think it exists and I don't see a problem with it. Who someone else is attracted too isn't really my business anyway as long as they're not hurting anyone. As far as I'm concerned if you're pansexual that just means you have an even bigger opportunity to find someone to love.

tbh i thought pansexuality was the one where you loved people for their personality rather than their genitals/looks

Yeah, this was what I always thought too, but this kind of ties into what everybody else is saying anyway, so I'm just going to roll with it.

I think pansexuality exists. I think most of the answers given in this thread pretty much sum up what I want to say on the topic. For me pansexuality is loving somebody regardless of their sex, gender, identity whatever you wanna call it. I think pansexuality and bisexuality are two completely different things from eachother tbh.

Last edited:
Back