Pansexuality

I know they exist because I am one, as others here have said. In my opinion it is being sexually and romantically attracted to all genders, not just Cis Men and Cis Women as I've been told Bi encompasses. For a long time I considered myself bi until I started liking some non-binary people I knew and I knew there had to be a different term so I found pansexuality and I think it's what I am so I identify as such.

Well... Unpopular opinion time. I believe their are only 2 genders. Trans people are completely valid but they transition from one gender to another so that is not a 3rd gender. I respect all gender identities and pronouns however I dont count anything as a third gender. Because of this, pansexuality is really the same as bisexual. If someone identifies as pansexual i'll respect it but I choose to identify as bisexual.

>i respect all genders
>unless youre not male or female because nonbinary genders dont exist

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm talking reproductive organs. I accept that's it's there in there minds for sure, i'm just stating that in my opinion it does not qualify as an entire new gender as their organs arent changing and arent different. Male and female reproductive organs are what determine gender. However, once people grow and learn about who they are yes men can have vaginas, people wake up feeling more feminine/masculine than the day before, etc. But that is not a new gender. It's an identity.

gender isnt the same as sex . also have u heard about intersex ppl? even sex isn't 100% straightforward and obvious bc there are a bunch of medical things to sex that arent genitalia hhh

- - - Post Merge - - -

Respectfully disagreeing here because I understand what you're trying to say, but from my perspective this is not entirely correct. I am a trans man (female-to-male trans person) because I experience physical and emotional distress because I don't have the typical male physical characteristics such as genitalia, deep voice, body hair, flat chest, et cetera. If we had no gender roles, no social constructs of how one sex or the other should act, men could wear dresses and make-up with no social repercussions, et cetera, I would still be a trans man because of that dysphoria and would still want to transition to male to finally get my dingalingadingdong down there. Regardless of social constructs.

But maybe this is being transsexual instead of transgender as gender definitely is a social construct because of what is considered to be masculine, feminine, et cetera. I'm still scratching my head over this. I fully believe non-binary identities exist and whatever, I just don't entirely see how one would want to present as something but not transition to become that something. But maybe it's because everyone's experiences things differently. I dunno.

I'll call anyone whatever pronouns and names they ask me to use as that is their right. Not hating. Just trying to figure things out and trying to place their experiences somewhere next to mine and that often enough doesn't work. orz

As for the actual topic. I've always understood that bisexuality is attraction to two, and pansexuality to all, so including intersex people, basically interested in having sexual relations with anyone they are attracted to, regardless of what's in their pants. But again, considering the words for sexual and romantic attraction are often used interchangeably, a bisexual person could also Mayberry be attracted to for instance masculine and non-binary presenting people and no the feminine presenting people, and now my head hurts and this is confusing.

cool not everyone has the same experience tho. we are forced into gender and it doesnt matter that gender shouldnt put any restrictions or w/e on people because it does and it will. sex dysphoria is obviously real and important but it's not somethiing that you need in order to be trans.
i used to have a bunch of dysphoria but it's mostly gone now because of how i view gender. i used to blame myself and be negative about myself but now i just hate gender in society and everything about it. i'm not saying this is the right way to think or that everyone can get rid of most of their sex dysphoria or snything, i'm just trying to explain my experience lol idk

like, to me saying that you need to transition and present masculine in order to be a Valid Trans Man? is reslly wrong and it makes me want to smash my head open and die

transmedicalists are so often like "umm nonbinary doesnt exist because masculinity and femininity are made up so if you dont get rid of ur genitals and get new ones that cost a fortune, require a complicated surgery and probably look ugly af (... like.. mushrooms...) you cant be trans so you have to keep going by ur old name and pronouns because gender only doesnt exist when it comes to disprooving nonbinary genders and non dysphoric trans ppl, if youre not a Valid Trans u have to conform to gender roles lol sry babes //:"
n it makes me want to Die . ppl are so stupid .

- - - Post Merge - - -

dont a lot of people want to be in a relationship after knowing someone for a long time? (including me) idk ive never really understood demisexuality

tbh same. it's not that i think it doesnt exist (because i really dont care enough and i cant talk for people with other experiences than mine so i cant b like Wow This Is Fake) but it really Grinds My Gears when people same that demisexual people are lgbtq because like., my dude.., no.. that could literally include most people on this planet depending on how u define it..,

Of course pansexuality exists since I am. :>

This thread is really helping me to find who to avoid on this site. :>

Last edited:
>i respect all genders

- - - Post Merge - - -

gender isnt the same as sex . also have u heard about intersex ppl? even sex isn't 100% straightforward and obvious bc there are a bunch of medical things to sex that arent genitalia hhh

- - - Post Merge - - -

cool not everyone has the same experience tho. we are forced into gender and it doesnt matter that gender shouldnt put any restrictions or w/e on people because it does and it will. sex dysphoria is obviously real and important but it's not somethiing that you need in order to be trans.
i used to have a bunch of dysphoria but it's mostly gone now because of how i view gender. i used to blame myself and be negative about myself but now i just hate gender in society and everything about it. i'm not saying this is the right way to think or that everyone can get rid of most of their sex dysphoria or snything, i'm just trying to explain my experience lol idk

like, to me saying that you need to transition and present masculine in order to be a Valid Trans Man™ is reslly wrong and it makes me want to smash my head open and die

transmedicalists are so often like "umm nonbinary doesnt exist because masculinity and femininity are made up so if you dont get rid of ur genitals and get new ones that cost a fortune, require a complicated surgery and probably look ugly af (... like.. mushrooms...) you cant be trans so you have to keep going by ur old name and pronouns because gender only doesnt exist when it comes to disprooving nonbinary genders and non dysphoric trans ppl, if youre not a Valid Trans u have to conform to gender roles lol sry babes //:"

- - - Post Merge - - -

tbh same. it's not that i think it doesnt exist (because i really dont care enough and i cant talk for people with other experiences than mine so i cant b like Wow This Is Fake) but it really Grinds My Gears when people same that demisexual people are lgbtq because like., my dude.., no.. that could literally include most people on this planet depending on how u define it..,

To me, it feels like everyone is trying their hardest to be included in the LGBTQ community these days. Not really sure why?

>i respect all genders

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

like, to me saying that you need to transition and present masculine in order to be a Valid Trans Man? is reslly wrong and it makes me want to smash my head open and die

- - - Post Merge - - -

To me, it feels like everyone is trying their hardest to be included in the LGBTQ community these days. Not really sure why?

Many people are confused as to what pansexuality is.

It is moreso the attraction *regardless* of gender than it is an attraction to all genders, male, female & non-binary, though pansexuals can be attracted to all/any gender.

The good: it is more inclusive than bi-sexuality which is an attraction to 2 genders, mainly the gender binary.
you can be blind to gender.

The bad: People get offended because they misinterpret (attraction to all genders) pansexuality to be claassifying trans-binary people as an "other" extra gender-- as in, not the gender they id as or transitioned to, like they aren't a "real" male or female.

Though this is also a bit problematic bc when one is referring to "other genders",and someone else instantly assumes that they are referring to trans-binary people, it can say they are still under the influence of the gender-binary construct.

It should be assumed when people are talking of other genders then theyre referring to agenders/intersex/non-binary people and not referring to trans-binary people, because trans-binary people SHOULD be acknowledged and respected as the gender they id as, not an "other gender". also sometimes the label can assume fetishization of non-binary & trans people, since there are those out there who intentionally use the label to showcase it.

Last edited:
I definitely do. I'm bisexual but I definitely view pansexuality as its own orientation. There's nothing wrong with being pansexual.:)
Love is love, after all.

Yes, I do believe Pansexuality "exists" and is completely valid.

When it comes to gender identity and sexuality, I don't care how people want to indentify or who they love or any of that. They're still a person -- They're just as complex as you or me. What's to discriminate against? Just because someone doesn't identify as Cis, White and Straight, doesn't mean they're wrong or to be shamed for it.

In this world, there are people of all shapes, sizes, mindsets and idenitities. Personally, I think that anyone can identify however that want to, as long as they arent bringing and harm or distress to others.

I'm genuinely interested in this topic of gender/sex etc. There's a lot of things that I'm unaware of. I genuinely want to have conversations with people about these things but I find it's difficult to find people willing to listen or discuss thing without feeling personally attacked.
My personal opinions/beliefs are probably in the minority when it comes to the user base of this forum. I study games and am working in that industry. A lot of people involved in this industry are very young, and are aware/identify with the LGBT+ community, so I try my best to be accepting of others, as it affects me in my daily life. It can be hard when I disagree or think differently to some people but I try my best.
I just wish people from all sides could have a proper discussion about a lot of the topics in this thread. It always becomes so childish, immature and impossible to communicate.

Sorry for going on a bit of a tangent, but this thread has been very interesting to read :)

Last edited:
I'm genuinely interested in this topic of gender/sex etc. There's a lot of things that I'm unaware of. I genuinely want to have conversations with people about these things but I find it's difficult to find people willing to listen or discuss thing without feeling personally attacked.
My personal opinions/beliefs are probably in the minority when it comes to the user base of this forum. I study games and am working in that industry. A lot of people involved in this industry are very young, and are aware/identify with the LGBT+ community, so I try my best to be accepting of others, as it affects me in my daily life. It can be hard when I disagree or think differently to some people but I try my best.
I just wish people from all sides could have a proper discussion about a lot of the topics in this thread. It always becomes so childish, immature and impossible to communicate.

Sorry for going on a bit of a tangent, but this thread has been very interesting to read :)

Well, of course, nobody should feel obligated to justify their identities. :>

As a pansexual, I believe it is the term for loving all and accepting all. I would date someone not for their gender. As long as they were a good and pretty awesome person, I don't really care what their parts are, or what they identify as.

Mind you, I will still support and fight for their gender if they ever needed it. It's not that I don't care that they have a non-binary/cis gender, but rather that it is not something I will sulk on if it's a strange thing. (I.e., they're agender or greygender)

For instance, I have been struggling with my gender for a few years. I was born a female, but my personality is the opposite of the stereotypical female. I despise makeup, dresses, the color pink... I never played with Barbies or liked the typical dress up apps. As I grew older, I actually began to despise the term "female". Most of my Internet friends assumed I was a boy. I eventually found my gender, greygender. I've felt much more comfortable ever since.

Communication is key. When a "homophobic" person asks questions about sexuality or gender, I think it would be good to explain it to them rather than insult them or shame them for their ignorance.

A lack of communication, and the real stigma surrounding LGBT+ topics, is what creates homophobia and creates prejudice.

Back