• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Paula.

bonucci

♡ honey sweet ♡
Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2018
Jingle Christmas Doll
White Pansy
White Violet
Pavé
White Cosmos
Cake
I have Paula as a villager and I know a couple of people who dislike her a lot. I'm not really sure why, she's really sweet and always plants new flowers nearly every time I see her.

Why do some people hate her?

I wouldn't say I hate her but I guess I'm not a fan of her too much, mostly because of how she looks I guess? I really like peppy villagers but big bears are too big for me lol, they never quite look right to me, idk why. And I don't like when villagers wear eye makeup either lol, just a personal preference I guess.

I wouldn't say I hate her but I guess I'm not a fan of her too much, mostly because of how she looks I guess? I really like peppy villagers but big bears are too big for me lol, they never quite look right to me, idk why. And I don't like when villagers wear eye makeup either lol, just a personal preference I guess.

Oh, I guess I understand where you're coming from! They do look kind of odd and out of place in my town, especially since she lives near my hamster and pig villagers. And I guess her design is pretty bad. I used to think she had a third eye and that freaked me out A LOT. I only realized like a few days through that it was a headband of some sort?

I still really love her though, and I feel kind of bad when people post bad stuff about her. ; u ;

I think Paula's design is solid and unique at that, but when I first started playing ACNL every single town I created she'd follow me, paired with Charlise. I started to hate her because of that, since it was very annoying hoping for a different uchi this time only to have the same old Paula show up. Also i'm not a huge fan of the bear villagers and for that reason I don't really like her or Charlise. I think I would've liked her more if they kept her old name (Rachel I believe?) and her old personality. I think that both of those things would've made her more bearable for me. that pun was really unintended But her being uchi annoys me somewhat, because sometimes they can say really harsh remarks. Which doesn't really score her points with me.

Last edited:
For a few seconds I forgot who Paula even was until I just remembered that she was one of the first villagers to move into my ACNL town before getting replaced by Cherry (who got replaced with Margie quite recently). I'm not a fan of her, but neither do I dislike her. I seriously have no opinion on her.

Last edited:
I think Paula's design is solid and unique at that, but when I first started playing ACNL every single town I created she'd follow me, paired with Charlise. I started to hate her because of that, since it was very annoying hoping for a different uchi this time only to have the same old Paula show up. Also i'm not a huge fan of the bear villagers and for that reason I don't really like her or Charlise. I think I would've liked her more if they kept her old name (Rachel I believe?) and her old personality. I think that both of those things would've made her more bearable for me. that pun was really unintended But her being uchi annoys me somewhat, because sometimes they can say really harsh remarks. Which doesn't really score her points with me.

Harsh remarks? Hm, I don't think I've ever heard any from any of my uchi villagers, so I'll try to keep an eye out for that one.

- - - Post Merge - - -

For a few seconds I forgot who Paula even was until I just remembered that she was one of the first villagers to move into my ACNL town before getting replaced by Cherry (who got replaced with Margie quite recently). I'm not a fan of her, but neither do I dislike her. I seriously have no opinion on her.

Margie was my favorite villager in my last town! How do you like her so far? She tended to be always sick when she was with me and would be the sweetest thing every time I gave her medicine. So cute. ; w ;

- - - Post Merge - - -

She just is not very appealing to look at to most people

Yup, I think I can agree with that.

Harsh remarks? Hm, I don't think I've ever heard any from any of my uchi villagers, so I'll try to keep an eye out for that one.

It's more prevalent when they visit your house and you're just starting out tbh. They tend to say a lot of blunt remarks towards things like that.

I think some people just dislike the Uchi look. The characters sometimes look weird, or like they're trying to hard. Paula is kinda cute, but I don't like her hair, headband, or eye make-up. I think Pashmina, Muffy, Phoebe, and Mira are the only cute ones.

Margie was my favorite villager in my last town! How do you like her so far? She tended to be always sick when she was with me and would be the sweetest thing every time I gave her medicine. So cute. ; w ;

I really like her. Definitely an underrated villager. The main reason why I wanted to have her in my town in the first place was because my town was based off the movie, where Margie was one of the major characters.

It's more prevalent when they visit your house and you're just starting out tbh. They tend to say a lot of blunt remarks towards things like that.

Oh, right. I remember lacking storage space and placing all my tools on the floor for awhile and Paula mentioned how messy I was. T__T

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think some people just dislike the Uchi look. The characters sometimes look weird, or like they're trying to hard. Paula is kinda cute, but I don't like her hair, headband, or eye make-up. I think Pashmina, Muffy, Phoebe, and Mira are the only cute ones.

I do agree that I dislike her design, especially her headband which I thought was a third eye for the longest time til I actually looked closely. ; n ; I haven't had any other Uchi other than her in my town though, so I'll see if I like their designs sometime~

- - - Post Merge - - -

I really like her. Definitely an underrated villager. The main reason why I wanted to have her in my town in the first place was because my town was based off the movie, where Margie was one of the major characters.

Oh, that's a really cool idea tbh. What ever happened to it?

The town? It's still there and I still use it since it's my only New Leaf town. Margie's still there, too.

That's really cool! Maybe we can play sometime because I've never seen a New Leaf town based off the movie. ^^
Kinda curious, tbh.

That's really cool! Maybe we can play sometime because I've never seen a New Leaf town based off the movie. ^^
Kinda curious, tbh.

It's not finished yet. It's not exactly like the movie since that would be impossible (e.g. the cave, Nook's Cranny and Able Sisters being in the town etc.). The only things I've done so far are have two cliffs (via "black magic" o.o, which is why I try to stay away from online), most villagers from the movie (excluding Cyrano, Champ, Cesar and Hopper since I wanted my favourite villagers there plus Champ isn't in New Leaf unfortunately), two players based off the humans in the movie (one of them is Ai. I haven't done a player based on Yu yet but I'm planning on doing so), the beach towels that belonged to Ai, Rosie and Margie when they were on the beach and some of the house positioning.

Last edited:
I think she's fine! I don't really remember her being in any of my past towns, but I don't really mind Uchi villagers. And I do sorta like her design, I find it kinda cute!

Why do people hate on Paula?

They're just looking at her with a certain perspective - she's not "Top Tier" Dreamies therefore she's not worthy.

I don't see it - I think she is absolutely adorable!

Honestly most vocal AC players hate on all the big bears. They hate Tutu too - a cutie!
Who would you want a big bear hug IRL? I love the big bears!

Full disclosure: Paula is my BFF in my bear town. I didn't know her until she had moved in - 2 years since BFFs forever!

It's not finished yet. It's not exactly like the movie since that would be impossible (e.g. the cave, Nook's Cranny and Able Sisters being in the town etc.). The only things I've done so far are have two cliffs (via "black magic" o.o, which is why I try to stay away from online), most villagers from the movie (excluding Cyrano, Champ, Cesar and Hopper since I wanted my favourite villagers there plus Champ isn't in New Leaf unfortunately), two players based off the humans in the movie (one of them is Ai. I haven't done a player based on Yu yet but I'm planning on doing so), the beach towels that belonged to Ai, Rosie and Margie when they were on the beach and some of the house positioning.

that sounds so cool! i hope i get to visit your dream town or something sometime :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think she's fine! I don't really remember her being in any of my past towns, but I don't really mind Uchi villagers. And I do sorta like her design, I find it kinda cute!

she's really sweet actually! i feel bad because i wanna get rid of her (just because of the placement of her house)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Why do people hate on Paula?

They're just looking at her with a certain perspective - she's not "Top Tier" Dreamies therefore she's not worthy.

I don't see it - I think she is absolutely adorable!

Honestly most vocal AC players hate on all the big bears. They hate Tutu too - a cutie!

Full disclosure: Paula is my BFF in my bear town. I didn't know her until she had moved in - 2 years since BFFs forever!

i saw posts about people wanting to kick her out on other sites and felt really bad for her. :( and bear town? all your villagers are bears? :0

I really like her design. I haven't yet had a bear villager move into my town but I just like how GIANT they are. Then here you have Paula who's an uchi. It just really fits and she looks like a big sister type straight away. I think that's really good character design.

She kind of reminds me of a summer camp leader.

I really like her design. I haven't yet had a bear villager move into my town but I just like how GIANT they are. Then here you have Paula who's an uchi. It just really fits and she looks like a big sister type straight away. I think that's really good character design.

She kind of reminds me of a summer camp leader.

I never noticed the summer camp leader until you brought this up :D I totally see it now. Yeah, she gave my character medicine when he was sick which was super sweet~

I was on the old AC website from 2002 earlier and I saw an image of Tutu. Tutu looks adorable! Why would anyone hate on her? There was also this cranky bear I had in e+ that I liked solely because of his eyes (blood vessels would appear when he was angry). Yet another reason to dislike the tier system. This is Animal Crossing, not Super Smash Bros. Melee or Quake III Arena.

EDIT: Oh god. Another cringey post from when I didn't even knew how the tier system works. Anyways, my town is no longer based on the movie since I now want to make it look like how it was when it first started (still going to keep all the villagers though. I got rid of the Ai account since I barely used it and it was bothering me how everyone was talking about it in town.

Last edited:
Back