• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Depression

pinkbunny

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
I was debating whether or not to post this because it isn't a fun topic to talk about, but does anyone else here struggle with depression, anxiety, ect?

I have for most of my life and sometimes I feel so alone and that no one else feels the same. I try my hardest to stay positive but sometimes it can be really hard. I'm on a few different kinds of medication and I do monthly therapy.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?
If you have previously how did you cheer yourself up?
Or do you know anyone who has these issues?

Would love to hear everyone's opinion, no judgement at all.

Stay positive
:)

im depressed lol idk i dont have a lot more to say about it except that it sucks and i want to die lmao

I haven't been medically diganosed but I believe I suffer anxiety due to PTSD from emotional abuse of my past. My boyfriend suffers from depression. I hate it so much because I have trouble sleeping because of it. It feels like to cheer up my unwanted emotions need to drain themselves out (it feels like they're "charged" in a way so I only feel those emotions.). It's been so much fun dealing with this -sarcasm-. The anxiety really presents itself infront of my boyfriend since the abuse I faced was from my father so I'm a ball of nervousenss to not marry someone like that. The anxiety takes away my ability to notice sarcasm because of it. Hooray!

ive been dealing with depression for about 8 years and well i guess its getting better i think
edit in 2020: no it is not
also a lady at my school whose job it is to help people like me said you cant get depression at 13 to a parent of another kid haaaaaa

this thread being bumped by a bot is annoying dont click that link it would be a # bad thing to do

Last edited:
My actual disorder has a sub-disorder which is SAD (Season Affective Disorder). It's basically in the colder months, you get really depressed and in the warmer months you feel good. So currently (winter where I am) I'm really depressed. I also suffer from reallllllllllllllllllllllll bad anxiety (esp. socially)

I've been depressed since I was 10 years old, or at least that's when I started to develop the depression due to some crap that was happening. The first person who actually noticed that I was depressed was a teacher I had when I was 15.

20 years later I'm leading a normal life with studies and girlfriend and stuff, but things got a whole lot worse before it got any better.
Depression sucks basically.

Ink

Will
Actually
Never
Trickle

Towards
Oil

Death
Is
Eternal

ok joking aside, i have clinical depression on top of borderline personality disorder and don't believe tumblr; if you have clinical depression, it doesn't get better.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i dropped out of high school because of my anxiety and i have set myself up for failure in life.

Last edited:
For almost two years I struggled with depression and anxiety. Near the beginning I knew something wasn't right, and went to the doctor immediately. I also started therapy. I did like one on one for depression, and then joined a group session.

Once I got on the right medication, things were much better. I was stable, had energy, and felt good. Because I was in such a toxic and unpredictable work environment, I ended up quitting and took a temporary job so I can get off my medication. It was the best decision ever.

ok joking aside, i have clinical depression on top of borderline personality disorder and don't believe tumblr; if you have clinical depression, it doesn't get better.

tru lmao but people will kill u if u say that bc "everything can get better just keep fighting :')"

Edit: Never mind.

I'd just like to say that if any of you haven't already sought professional help for depression or any other mental illness, please do so. You all deserve to be happy, even if you don't think so.

Last edited:
Repetive mindsets keeps you in the same place
It's like doing the same thing and expecting different results

I try to do things that's outside my comfort zone

listen as someone with bipolar disorder, ocd, a-typical major depression, Tourette syndrome, and anxitety, my best advice for any of you guys strugging to get up in the morning or do anything at all is go take a deep breath and do it. even if you don't try that hard, still go out side and do it. exercise. talk to someone. be nice out of your way because I've found that it makes things better. I really think the people who say 'we all cant b neurotypicals, karen' are kinda??? because for example running will not cure depression. but, it can release chemicals in your body that make you happy! it can distract you! it helps a bunch! my best advice is to get professional help. I've been undiagnosed and I thought living the way I did was normal up until this year (my senior year of high school) don't give up!!!! and sometimes it doesn't get better, but there are little things that can make getting up worth while (for example, when I was in a horrible place my mantra was 'heroes never die' from overwatch and it kept me going through out the day!!!) don't give up and stay strong :)!!! <3333

I suffer from waves of depression and anxiety. Around three years ago it was really, really bad. I wasn't even sure if it would ever pass. I still get it now, but never as bad as it was then. Hopefully things stay that way.

I have a lot of social anxiety nowadays which I'm trying to move past. What everybody's saying about just doing things and going ahead with it regardless of how you feel about it really does work if you do it enough times.

i've never been diagnosed but i suffer from crazy anxiety that can lead to depression. literally almost all of my friends have similar situations, which is why we all get along so well lol. we can all suffer together!

Yeah I have.....

I went to a hospital and never wanna go back cause I missed everyone too much.

(It is usually only five days, but I ran my mouth to someone who disrespected me so they said I was "unstable".)
They also threatened to make me stay even longer, because I obviously, eat healthy. Their "healthy" options weren't good enough. And because I didn't want to eat any of the snacks they gave me. They made me eat a ****ing bologna sandwich (hate bologna....) or I would have to stay THREE EXTRA DAYS for "anorexic tendencies". WHAT??!?!?!
Some of the workers were good and some of the people I met were nice. But there is no way to get help when you're surrounded around negativity. My first night there, this girl was laughing at me for having weed in my pee, when I was crying about it and disappointed. And disappointed at how I treated everyone. Then she sat next to me and said "I just want to let you know, that I was laughing because you think it's cool, not because of what you did to get here." When she did drugs, and ****. She also talked about how she is a "kick boxer" (ha my dad was a karate instructor nice try) and talked about beating me up because she overheard me on the phone asking my mom to bring my express jeans and blouses so I could feel better at least a little.
I overheard it and just stared at her. I ignored her presence, because I don't start I finish. Then two other instances happened as well, and how do they expect you to get better being harassed by others? I had to leave group therapy because this girl who asked a day before "if i was popular in school" was saying I sound manly and whatever. I said the person running it "tell this ***** to shut the **** up before I do something I regret" and talked out. Like this girl literally tried talking to me the day before, but since my social status isn't deemed acceptable, she tried starting fights... How do you expect to be better when you're constantly surrounded by negative energy???? Smh
It wasn't bad, but the food was bad, and like one employee was kinda rude and his personality kinda put me off. They don't separate you enough to be able to collect yourself. I left just as bad as I was when I came in.
I also lost five pounds when I was there. How does someone lose five pounds in a week?....

I'm okay now... but
I don't even know, I just stopped giving a **** I guess?
I just got a job, and I started doing other things and getting out more and I feel a lot better. Just doing things helps, even if it is talking on the phone, watching tv, or playing a game. I forget about it it when I am busy and not just sitting in bed all day or sitting on the couch all day. Just don't give yourself too much time to think.

Last edited:
i have anxiety, and it sucks because it tires me out so much to be worried about everything. i sorta just live through it, video games are a good way for me to vent my frustration. if i'm ever feeling super bad, i tend to take a walk around the block and listen to some good music.

i suffered with depression not too long ago for about 2-3 years, i struggled with self-harm and suicidal thoughts/actions. it was never diagnosed i was too scared to ask/tell my dad about it. dealt with family issues and online drama pushing me that direction. friends and just talking helped me a lot. everyone has different experiences and people get over it through different ways. if you can, try to get help

Back