Depression

I used to struggle with really bad depression 2 or 3 years ago, but it's starting to get more mild over time i'd say. I find distracting myself by playing video games or overwatch makes it a little easier to deal with tbh. Since I get matched up pretty quickly and have to focus on maintaining objectives in overwatch, it doesn't give much time to think while playing it. It blocks out my thoughts in a way. The same goes for any other video game that i've played.

Last edited:
I do and I take meds for it but I just stopped taking them cold turkey like 5 days ago and it's been a trip I gotta go pick up my prescription from the pharmacist and start taking them again asap

I might have depression. I was pretty bad a few years ago. I never went to the doctor about it because I don't want to be on pills. I have a friend on anti-depressants and she seems worse on them than she did without them.

Depression CAN get better. I used to have really bad clinical depression. I don't have it anymore. The only reason I'm depressed anymore is because of my current disorder (it's schizoaffective -- I have the bipolar part of it) and it's hereditary. If it wasn't for my genetics, I'd more than likely be fine now. Years of therapy and medication does make a difference; alas, it depends on the meds. And some people don't get better, some do. It's all just luck and genes.

Last edited:
My depression finally seems to be in remission. A lot of that is the weather getting better, me being closer to HRT and knowing that I am seen the way as want to be seen and presenting myself the way I want to. Somewhat anxious for this next winter because everything seems to get worse around that time of year, but we'll see. It's not all black anymore. Meds have also helped.

I might have depression. I was pretty bad a few years ago. I never went to the doctor about it because I don't want to be on pills. I have a friend on anti-depressants and she seems worse on them than she did without them.

what sucks with anti-depressants is that they can be that kick in the morning for you to feel like getting up but they can also be responsible for increasing suicidal thoughts among many many other problems. for some people it can take a long time to find the right medication, the right dose or to decide if meds are right at all for them, my meds are ones that have to be taken for half a year every day to finally feel a positive difference in yourself and i still havent felt a difference, but other people have seen something

Yeah I'm a lot better now but even little things set me off. I used to want to die like all the time. Even now there are times when I'm like nope, can't do this. Even when things are going well, something always happened to mess it up again. Other people have observed this as well, it's not just me being paranoid or pessimistic, which I admittedly am.

what sucks with anti-depressants is that they can be that kick in the morning for you to feel like getting up but they can also be responsible for increasing suicidal thoughts among many many other problems. for some people it can take a long time to find the right medication, the right dose or to decide if meds are right at all for them, my meds are ones that have to be taken for half a year every day to finally feel a positive difference in yourself and i still havent felt a difference, but other people have seen something

It took me a while to find an anti-depressant that didn't have bad negative side effects for me, the one I'm on now is okay, I don't feel 100% but compared to others it's better.
Some are absolutely horrible!

I have a weird case of anxiety, maybe it's the same for everyone, I'm getting sick over really silly stuff and I don't get why.
Even if I can think rationally about the issue, my body reacts like it was life threatening. I compare this to arachnophobia, lot of people have irrational fear of spiders, unless they are poisonous, there is no reason to fear them right? Even so, some people will scream and jump on the counter seeing one little harmless one. I experience the same with other really silly stuff.

My situation is a bit different than average. I suffer from Depression, Agoraphobia, and Borderline Personality Disorder.

My Depression is manly caused by not leaving the house i.e. never having fun. The more time I have alone the more time I have to reflect on how much of a failure I am. It also doesn't help that my home life is miserable and something always seems to go wrong. I have no support system or even friends so that makes me feel like crap. My whole body goes numb and I cant do anything for long periods of time.

My Agoraphobia (I believe it's defined as a fear of crowds but the way it works for me and they way it was described by my psychiatrist is the fear of public situations/interactions. I am terrified of leaving my house because I know I will embarrass myself and people will judge me. I have panic attacks whenever i'm forced to leave my house. I'll spare the details of the pain it causes me. As you can see, this directly contradicts my Depression. If I stay in i'm Depressed and if I attempt to leave my house I freak out, scream, and cry. I've gotten better with it over the years but it's still a huge struggle.

My Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD, for short.) makes my moods extremely unstable which makes my relationships unstable mostly because i'm afraid of being abandoned. I know at one point or another everyone will leave me. I will be in a perfect relationship and I will leave it or cause problems (not on purpose) because I figure it'll be better if I can leave them before they decide to leave me. It's really hard because I freak out over the most stupid things and it's really hard to forgive.

Taking all of that into consideration...
Has anyone else experienced something similar? Yes, clearly yes.
If you have previously how did you cheer yourself up? Unfortunately I have yet to find a way to cheer myself up.
Or do you know anyone who has these issues? Not the same issues as me combined but I know people with 1 or 2.

I hope this helped someone not feel so alone. If anyone needs support feel free to reach out to me.

im on 2 different anti depressants on the highest dosage but honestly i dont feel sny big difference so that's cool . my doctor is always like "well... hmmm.. you're saying you're still really depressed..? are you sure?" and when i say yea he's like "hmmmm" and looks like he's all out of ideas ?\_(ツ)_/?
idk, apparently i'm not allowed to be on medication that are addictive because i'm too young so maybe some of those ones would be more effective for me, but as it is right now my meds just make my mouth dry and **** with my sleep (i take anxiety meds in ghe evening that should make me tired and depression ones in the morning to make me more Energized but i feel like theyre fighting against each other and the ine that Wins gets control.. which results in me having sleeping problems. lol)

Depression CAN get better. I used to have really bad clinical depression. I don't have it anymore. The only reason I'm depressed anymore is because of my current disorder (it's schizoaffective -- I have the bipolar part of it) and it's hereditary. If it wasn't for my genetics, I'd more than likely be fine now. Years of therapy and medication does make a difference; alas, it depends on the meds. And some people don't get better, some do. It's all just luck and genes.

yea depression can get better and even go away but to claim that that's possible for everyone is stupid because it's not true. that's what i have a problem with lol

If it only was Depressions, I've got super unlucky ahah.
My grandma is depressed and I got that from her.
My grandpa has diabetes and I'm "in danger" to get that also.
I have Borderline and I have Anxiety.. I have a lot of trouble
going outside alone, even if it's just to bring out the trash or
to check the mail. I will get super stressed and stuff, oh well.
And on top of that I have a thyroid problem, that could also be
the reason why I'm depressive.

If you have previously how did you cheer yourself up?
The only thing that is helping me is my animals, especially my cat Poppy.
She's my little fur baby and she often demand a lot of attention when
I'm really down, so I don't have time to hurt myself (better let the cat do it, lol).
And yes, I used to hurt myself to feel better, but I don't do that anymore,
or my boyfriend would kill me personally. >:

Or do you know anyone who has these issues?
I used to know a LOT of people who have Depression.
Mainly my ex boyfriend. His arms are full of cuts and he tried to take his own life once.
He went to see a psychologist tho and now it's getting better, from what I've heard.
Then there was another guy, but he is stubborn and doesn't want help.

I've struggled a lot with depression and anxiety throughout my life becoming really bad at around 13, but started to slowly get better as I grew up. I still struggle with it now, it gets me down a lot. I have good days and bad days, but not matter what I'm definitely much better than I was a few years ago.
I have hope that I can recover from these mental clouds that hold me back and achieve my hopes and dreams. :)

I've struggled with depression, anxiety and and ED for 7-8 years (probably ptsd for 2 years), I've had so many awful experiences with trying to get help (including when I was 18 I was so suicidal that someone's phoned the police on my and my psych legit told me that it was 'very naughty'), I've got more self harm scars than I could possibly count and I'm learning to be okay with them and I'm confident enough to wear tshirts at most places. I try really hard to deal with everything myself but at the most I can say I'm surviving (just) and this year so far has been really tough on my mental health. I don't really leave the house except for work due to anxiety and my personal hygiene is slipping (it's gross I know), most people I know struggle with some form of mental illness so everyone can be really supportive. Hopefully one day I can say I'm recovered, hopefully

I'm pretty sure i do have depression, i've tried to talk to my friends/family about it, they just don't believe me since I'm not good at talking about my feelings at all. I've thought about going to therapy but my parents won't let me, I just hope it will go away by itself i guess

I'm pretty sure i do have depression, i've tried to talk to my friends/family about it, they just don't believe me since I'm not good at talking about my feelings at all. I've thought about going to therapy but my parents won't let me, I just hope it will go away by itself i guess

I know it's way easier said than done, but you shouldn't let your parents discouragement stop you from trying to get help,if you're still at school you could see if there's anyone you could talk to there? and I get the whole not good at talking about your feelings thing I'm awful at it, you could try writing stuff down like if you randomly think of some description as to how you're feeling, write it down! you don't have to show anyone but it could be a good reference, especially if you manage to get help!

I had two separate bouts of depression, the most severe were in 2012 and 2015, respectively. I've never been officially diagnosed though.
It runs in my family though. My mom, aunt, and uncle (yes, they're all siblings of each other) all have it. My uncle has had it severely since 1993.

I suffered through it when I was younger because of a LOT that went down with my parents (nah, not a divorce. They're still married to this day.) I was never treated but I was diagnosed. It got bad, but I eventually pulled myself out of it. Now, however, I have social anxiety. It's so bad that I can't talk to my best friend without being scared.

Back