• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Museum ideas, please

EmGee

Crazy cat dad
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Exhibits 1 & 3 are still works in progress, but I decided my idea for 2 just wasn't working cuz I couldn't settle on a proper theme for what I wanted to do, so I'm in the market for some new original ideas for my other two rooms. Hopefully something no one else has done before. So who out there is super creative?

In my main town of Ruddyoak, I have a "History of Ruddyoak" exhibit. I have my town flag displayed in a fancy frame, a picture of J.R.R. Tolkien (since my town is inspired by The Hobbit & The Lord of the Rings), and some other town mementos. I'm going to add my town tree clock here once I get it--I haven't had an anniversary since the update.

I also have an "Air and Space" exhibit based on one I saw at the Smithsonian museum when I was a kid; maybe you could do a room based on something like that you saw when you were younger?

The third room in my museum is a "Costume Party" exhibit--I had a friend over to my town a few Halloweens ago, and we had a Halloween party. I had this room set up with the DJ table, balloons, food, and creepy decor. I had intended the display to be temporary, but I left it up. Later, I added two mannequins that are wearing the costumes my friend and I wore.

Sounds fun, but too time consuming for my schedule to accommodate :(
I was actually thinking of doing something like a dog park, but aside from needing a bunch of dog ornaments and maybe a few strategically placed plants, I'm unsure what else to add. And I have no clue what else to do for my last room

My plans are:

1. A weapons / armor exhibit
2. A gyroid village
3. A musical instruments exhibit
4. A foods from around the world exhibit (idk just somewhere to display all my food items)

I would do a "history of Tinytree" exhibit but there wouldn't be much to put in there... I haven't hit many milestones or compete in many tourneys u.u

I have a karaoke bar, a cafe, an amusement park, and a spa! Hope that helps you out? ^^

A drive in theatre.
An old fashioned candy store.
A pet shop.
A book store
An auto shop
Gas staion
A jail
A vet clinic or dog salon.
Farmers market
Sporting goods store- kyacs, fishing poles, fishing vests, skateboards, camping gear, etc, could be for sale.
Hardware store- The update has a tool box and chest that would work. Also the shovel and axe.

I'm a bit old fashioned, but have you ever seen ( in movies or real life) a pharmacy with a soda fountain? Years ago, the pharmacy would also have a soda fountain ( icecream ) and other things for sale, like comic books, cheap jewelry, etc.

I like your dog park idea. Maybe a fire hydrant and rare mushrooms ( because they look like doggie doo doo), a trash can, and a sign that reads " clean up after your pets" would work. Oh, and a bench like the green, blue or cupid.

Last edited:
One of my games sadly corrupted late last year after having a almost full catalogue, I was very upset. In my new game I have the museum stuffed full of un orderables, like one room as Cabana, mermaid, swim suits and Island items.One has egg set and gracie furniture. Looks a complete mess tho.

Not sure how much time these would take but:

A garage
A farm
An art studio
A spa
A shop/mall
A garden
A playground or backyard

Something I tend to do in my museum is to use sets that I'm not using in my house and make rooms with them. Good luck decorating!! :)

Making a music/band room is really fun, you can make them really big and they have a lot of usable objects.

I agree with the music idea, that's what I'm doing now (though the pianos will need their own room)
I've also thought of a 'mom' theme, displaying items send from mom in the mail.

You could try making your museum exhibits into rooms for Celeste and Blathers? I got this idea a while ago, and i'm still planning to use it for when I do get my second floor of my museum but I think it'd be really cute to see someone else attempt it. Or you could try remaking Celeste's observatory from wild world? I think that'd be real cute too, and appropriate. I also had the idea of a hotel for the NPCS, because some of them work late nights and I doubt they'd want to go home afterwards. Hope this was useful to you in someway. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Decorated museum rooms are so cool, my friend has done a wedding chapel in one of her towns and a space flight control room then in the room above that an outer space room. Her other room there I think is beach themed.

I only have two museum rooms in my main town set up properly; one displaying all the Chinese New Year bobble head animals in cases with seating around them. The other is the campus set displayed with other bits as a sort of modern art exhibit. I've made a half hearted attempt at a bigger museum shop in my second towns museum but otherwise all rooms are for storage right now.

I did a food court for my exhibit rooms. There are no food stores in the game, so I decided to make that the place where all the food it. Lazy villagers love it.

You could try making your museum exhibits into rooms for Celeste and Blathers? I got this idea a while ago, and i'm still planning to use it for when I do get my second floor of my museum but I think it'd be really cute to see someone else attempt it. Or you could try remaking Celeste's observatory from wild world? I think that'd be real cute too, and appropriate. I also had the idea of a hotel for the NPCS, because some of them work late nights and I doubt they'd want to go home afterwards. Hope this was useful to you in someway. :rolleyes:

Whoa this is an amazing idea! I may do this in one of my exhibit rooms. I'm kind of sad that they took celeste's observatory away from wild world. :<

Serial killers display!

They have the Hockey Mask, and a few other items that can make you look like a horror movie icon.

Hey, it's different!

I'm turning my basement into a Dexter 'kill room'.
The game has the rubber apron. :D

Had to do some trade-off decisions in regards to rooms, which often tempts me to get a new copy of the game. Some rooms I either replaced or decided not to include in my town was a radio station with a studio for live jam sessions, a theater room with a stage set and seats for an audience (I had a Little Red Riding Hood set for the theater I had), a clinic which was well executed by the user Mayor Todd (I think that's his username). And dizzy bone has a great thrift shop in one of the houses which could be a great exhibit for the museum.

I personally went a more traditional route & made museum-like exhibits for my 2nd floor. Which includes an egyptian tomb, a showcase for japanese furniture/items/outfits, a wild west exhibit, and a space themed exhibit.

I've decorated them the same way like how I've made my mayor's and alt characters houses :)

HVa3VZr.png

Coffee shop

N8tbi4n.png

Gym/Fitness

NIT6V9d.png

Flower shop

cQs3Qoe.png

Auto/Car Showroom

Back