• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Model glitch? Or Jolly stance?

amazonevan19

DLELELEWOOOOP
Bells
Switch
1404-3604-3427
Coco
New Leaf Token
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Lobo
Leif
So while a friend was visiting my town, I found Dizzy's model with his mouth open. I was not talking to him, he was not singing, and I didn't do the task he gave me until later. When I talked to him, immediately afterward his mouth closed and went back to normal. My friend told me that it was him being in a jolly stance, and it happens after you do a task for them. But again, I didn't do the task yet.

So...here are the pictures. Apologies for horrifically potato quality, but it gets the idea across hopefully. :p Is this a minor sprite glitch? I've never seen any animal do this after hundreds of task completions or conversations, and a quick Google search doesn't seem to produce any documentation of this phenomenon.

Pic 1: http://imgur.com/C7hhZ2F

Pic 2: http://imgur.com/MZR2k6w

Dizzy is cursed and I feel unsafe

I think this has happened to me once before too.

Last edited:
It's a glitch. I'm pretty sure one of villagers did that too and it was a bit odd. Atleast it fixes itself. Like one of my apple trees looked like it only grew one apple than the three. Imagine if all your villagers were stuck in the jolly glitch.

It's a glitch. I'm pretty sure one of villagers did that too and it was a bit odd. Atleast it fixes itself. Like one of my apple trees looked like it only grew one apple than the three. Imagine if all your villagers were stuck in the jolly glitch.

Oh man. That'd be creepy.

I've had the one fruit glitch happen too. But when I shook the tree, three fell down as usual.

You know what. I think I had a villager that could actually open its mouth when it's jolly. Not like a texture issue. Maybe it was Chief? Either way I came into their house and saw them standing with mouth agape. Well I'm about to be killed aren't I?

Dizzy looks cuter with his mouth like that! And yeah, its a glitch. I think Static did that once before

That is really scary, but to answer your question it's definitely a model glitch.

It's a glitch, I seen some of my villagers do it.

Most recent was Francine, but she was frowning.

LOL dizzy!! He's such a cutie but that second picture is pretty terrifying :p I've only seen O'Hare glitch in my town. I saw him stuck with his mouth open and another time he was stuck frowning.

I think it's a glitch. I've had that happen before with the island kappas, and possibly some other characters.

Back