Healthcare

Do you pay your own insurance?

• Yes

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • No but I have health insurance because of family/government

Votes: 49 60.5%
  • No, and I don't have health insurance.

Votes: 18 22.2%

• Total voters
I kind of agree on having to pay for a healthcare but like people who can't afford it can't be left to die you know?

like I agree with Mii but also w visibleghost

People that can't afford to pay now aren't left to die in the US. There are charities that raise money for those people and I would much rather invest in a non-profit organization than government subsidized healthcare. Charities only make money when they get results; if a charity uses their donations in a way the donors see unfit, they lose funding and fail as a charity. The government forces you, and every other tax payer to fund their "charitable" cause, whether you get the results you want to see or not. That's theft no matter how you phrase it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Everyone should have free healthcare. But, I believe that it could only work if it were only for certain people.

So, if you're close to death because you decided to do something stupid like drive drunk or take an overdose or anything self-inflicted, you would have to pay. A small amount, perhaps, but you'd have to pay.

I think it should all depend on the person. That way they can save money, and only the people who really need help will get free help.

Something like that might have some positive impact, but you also have to consider how much of the taxpayers money would go to paper pushing and determining whether or not someone deserved to have the government foot the bill for their medical costs, rather than actually helping people.

And a system like that poses a lot of questions. What criteria do people have to meet to get their bills paid for? Do preventable injuries count? Do conditions like diabetes that you can be genetically predisposed to, but are mostly caused by poor diet and lack of exercise count? What portion of the taxpayers money should go to those that inflict poor health or injuries upon themselves? Are there any instances in which a person that couldn't afford to pay their own bills would be turned away?

I could go on, but you get the point.

I have insurance until I am 26 with Anthem. (which isn't bad)
I get to go to the doctors for 25 dollars whenever I am sick and I get to go to the OBGYN once a year for free, same goes with the dentist but twice a year. I can get new glasses covered by insurance once every 2 years.

Last edited:
I have health insurance from my parents.
I personally saw the ACA as flawed, although I do support government-run healthcare. However, the ACA is no doubt much better than Trumpcare, which was thankfully defeated by Congress.

I don't want to sound like an ass, because not everybody has insurance. But, factories give insurance, walmart, meijer. They all have health plans. It really isn't that hard to get decent insurance.

Just urine clean of drugs, or have clean hair follicles and you should be good to go, to get into a factory.
This might just be Ohio, but even the poorest people I know have health care, they get it for free because it is obvious that they cannot afford it. But that might only be if you're a senior, veteran, or have children. I know someone who gets to go to the doctor to get something as dumb as a skin tag removed for free, even though she can do it herself.... And skin tags aren't harmful. ****, bet she could get her toes clipped for free at a foot doctor lmaoooo. But I had to wait when I had an infection. She sits on her ass and does nothing and has multiple kids with knowing the dad WILL NOT be there, but she can get whatever for free. My dad worked his ass off for 30 years and when he was laid off he was being paid 30$ an hour and I still don't get it that good... lmaoooooooo.

Obama care, there is a catch to it. Like to pay for it, it is cheap. YES, but, to go to the ER it will still be 400$....... Doctors appointments will still be 100..or 200.. whatever your doctor charges.

It is different in every state though. It def isn't hard in ohio to get healthcare. I am not sure about anywhere else.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If everyone had free health care wouldn't that be kinda harsh on taxes? Like... wouldn't they sky rocket? I am not sure how that works.

I don't want to sound like an ass, because not everybody has insurance. But, factories give insurance, walmart, meijer. They all have health plans. It really isn't that hard to get decent insurance.

Just urine clean of drugs, or have clean hair follicles and you should be good to go, to get into a factory.

Lots of places offer health insurance, but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll get it. It's not about finding a job that gives good insurance. I used to get great health insurance from where I work but then my manager cut everyone's hours to the point where now only three workers are qualified to be offered health insurance. I usually am just one hour to a half an hour shy of getting insurance from work. The health insurance wasn't cheap, but it was way cheaper than paying a few hundred dollars to go to a doctor.

I'm not saying it should be free. if you go to the doctor you're paying them for a service so it's only fair to pay at least a little copay. Private insurance is expensive and I've been without it for a long time because I either couldn't afford it or didn't have the opportunity to get it at work.

Lots of places offer health insurance, but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll get it. It's not about finding a job that gives good insurance. I used to get great health insurance from where I work but then my manager cut everyone's hours to the point where now only three workers are qualified to be offered health insurance. I usually am just one hour to a half an hour shy of getting insurance from work. The health insurance wasn't cheap, but it was way cheaper than paying a few hundred dollars to go to a doctor.

I'm not saying it should be free. if you go to the doctor you're paying them for a service so it's only fair to pay at least a little copay. Private insurance is expensive and I've been without it for a long time because I either couldn't afford it or didn't have the opportunity to get it at work.

See, your situation is different. You are obviously a working class citizen, from what I have seen by all of your posts and comments on here before. Some people are extremely lazy and entitled to free insurance. Especially people who intentionally keep having kids they cannot afford, or people who are just too damn lazy to get a job. Or some people simply do not want to better themselves. My ex boyfriends mother is a high school drop out, has three kids with two different fathers, she works at a fast food place(that just rehired her after she was fired for something v bad), and refuses to get a GED when she is obviously not that stupid. She has helped me with my homework before, and the grade she helped me with, was after she even dropped out. She is just lazy and has no motivation but she can go to the hospital whenever(only if needed, then the government will cover it), she can get meds whenever, all because she has three kids she just started caring for a number of years ago..... Her mom was doing it. She gets welfare, food stamps... She even uses her food stamps for dumb stuff like candy, pop, **** that isn't even food, and will use welfare for cigarettes and pills to buy off the streets. People are def being enabled. My comment really only applies to people who don't work or do anything, or people who just refuse to stay dead end for years and do nothing about it. Because if healthcare was free, that would sky rocket taxes, and hard working americans would have to pay for a lot of non hard working people.
Great mooch examples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzSkSewywlc (hes still @ it, he was on my 600lb life this yr)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNucI0CXijU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBqjZ0KZCa0

I'm in the U.S., and yes, I pay for my own healthcare/insurance.

See, your situation is different. You are obviously a working class citizen, from what I have seen by all of your posts and comments on here before. Some people are extremely lazy and entitled to free insurance. Especially people who intentionally keep having kids they cannot afford, or people who are just too damn lazy to get a job. Or some people simply do not want to better themselves. My ex boyfriends mother is a high school drop out, has three kids with two different fathers, she works at a fast food place(that just rehired her after she was fired for something v bad), and refuses to get a GED when she is obviously not that stupid. She has helped me with my homework before, and the grade she helped me with, was after she even dropped out. She is just lazy and has no motivation but she can go to the hospital whenever(only if needed, then the government will cover it), she can get meds whenever, all because she has three kids she just started caring for a number of years ago..... Her mom was doing it. She gets welfare, food stamps... She even uses her food stamps for dumb stuff like candy, pop, **** that isn't even food, and will use welfare for cigarettes and pills to buy off the streets. People are def being enabled. My comment really only applies to people who don't work or do anything, or people who just refuse to stay dead end for years and do nothing about it. Because if healthcare was free, that would sky rocket taxes, and hard working americans would have to pay for a lot of non hard working people.
Great mooch examples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzSkSewywlc (hes still @ it, he was on my 600lb life this yr)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNucI0CXijU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBqjZ0KZCa0

I actually agree with what you're saying. I don't think someone who isn't putting in work deserves to get benefits. Like you said, a lot of places do offer good insurance. Some people just won't put the effort into finding a job. Free healthcare would skyrocket taxes and even if I don't have it I also don't want to pay for someone else's because they won't get a job. I have very little respect for someone who just coasts off the government. If you have kids you know you can't afford and have them anyway to get more benefits that's even worse. I'm all for equality and fairness but if you want to expect certain things from the government you need to be putting in work to get it.

Didn't think people could actually disagree with free healthcare.

I find the mentality really strange. But idk I think here we just take advantage that we have universal healthcare and if we get a poor wage and get sick we don't have to worry about if our insurance covers it or how much its going to cost.

I find the mentality really strange. But idk I think here we just take advantage that we have universal healthcare and if we get a poor wage and get sick we don't have to worry about if our insurance covers it or how much its going to cost.

Yeah I guess people from different countries have different mindsets to people who live differently.

The problem is, there is no such thing as free healthcare. To pass something like this, we have to raise taxes, not just the cost of living, but also taxes on the money you make. Regardless of intentions, it's a bad idea to take money away from those who work hard for it (unless if they're using it to spend on property, merchandise, or whatever, but if they're not spending on anything by choice, you shouldn't charge them for what they make) and give it to those who don't work (especially if they don't want to work). Some people don't have to pay for their own healthcare, but that means somebody else (who's not even related) will have to pay for their healthcare. If you villify people who are against free healthcare, then you have a problem.

And no, I'm not saying that you are villifying people for opposing free healthcare, but you find it mentally strange.

Back