• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you like Bamboo?

Do you like it?

• Total voters

Flare

Cherry 🍒
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7087-8935-1983
So do you like the Bamboo trees?

Uh... I feel neutral towards them, I mean I don't plan on using them atm. I also dislike how they spread like a plague. :/

I don't really care for how they look, but I have a few planted to generate bamboo shoots. It helps me earn a few bells here or there.

I don't mind the look I think it looks nice in a natural town but I hate how it spreads and leaves dig spots everywhere! It looks ugly :(

I like how bamboo looks in more natural or flowery towns, and I really like how it looks with pink hybrids. I don't think it looks good in my town though, and I really hate how it spreads!!!!! Honestly if it didn't spread on its own I would like it so much more.

I let 'em grow then I chop them down and keep the "stumps".I usually put them around the water PWPs like the hot spring or the geyser.I don't think the full grown bamboo plants match with the other trees in the town....it just doesn't look right to me.

Where do you even get bamboo? I don't have it in my town and the spreading doesn't make me want to. xd

I don't like the bamboo. It can look nice in other people's towns, but for the most part I'm just not a huge fan of it

I feel like it is too specifically for Asian-themed towns. I recently went somewhere irl where all these big fancy houses had it in their yards so maybe it's a status thing to have this exotic plant. Idk it's just panda food to me.

Nope, I planned on making a nice bamboo forest for Chester in my old town not realising that they grew randomly >.<

It was a pain to remove it all and dig up all the remaining bamboo shoots.

I like the look of bamboo but I'm not going to plant it.
Way too invasive.

I have a love hate relationship with bamboo. I like the way they look and use them in town but I don't use any paths on the ground so it spreads like crazy.. it's basically my daily routine to dig them up every day. But it's my main source of income now :'D

It's so-so for me. I tried to use bamboo and it looks good and all, however, the fact that it spread so fast
and frequently kinda bugged me. That's why I ripped it off again. I don't know if I will ever plant it again,
maybe around a place, where it wouldn't bother me that much if it spread so much.

I do, but more so when I use them as a "fence." I chop it after one day of growing so it looks a little bit like a wooden fence. Paired with bushes I think it looks pretty cool! I am not really sure how to implement fully grown bamboo in my town though.

i don't know if i'll use bamboo, but my older sister's friend has it there and it looks good but it's a lot of work. i could put bushes there and keep it contained maybe but then i could just put regular trees. i don't think my town needs it, but it could be nice to keep some to raise the seeds like you all sadi

I love everything about bamboo, especially the way it looks anywhere. If you plant flowers all around it, that contains it quite a bit.

HNI_0032.JPG
Here is my hidden fountain where the bamboo plays a big part!

I like it and I don't mind it spreading around. I find it fun to dig up the shoots and sell them.

I think they look really nice! And like others said, having bamboo spread is a little annoying to maintain if you don't have paths or bushes around. I do think they look charming!

I wish the beach fruit trees could be on the main town.

Back