• Our Earth Week 2024 mini-event is scheduled to begin tonight featuring hybrid flower breeding and more -- stay tuned!

Do you like Bamboo?

Do you like it?

• Total voters
I like bamboo, I have a corner in my town (that somehow grew to be my most populated area, even) turned into a bamboo forest and I think it looks lovely ^ ^

I think bamboo was a great addition to the series! It's nice to have some variety, hopefully they'll continue to add more plants and flowers in the next installment c:
I like to surround my bamboo with flowers/other plants/plants, so spreading has never really been a problem for me. I like to use a lot of chopped bamboo in my town too!

Bamboo is a delicate spice - too much and it can be overpowering.

I adore just a bit. I try to have a little area in one area of my town. I also like it when it is surrounded by paths and flowers :)

I like them! I'm gonna try them out in my first town since it's a zen forest type of town. I'm scared for how bad they spread though.

I think they look really nice! And like others said, having bamboo spread is a little annoying to maintain if you don't have paths or bushes around. I do think they look charming!

I wish the beach fruit trees could be on the main town.

And I wish the bamboo would grow on the beach, too!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I like them! I'm gonna try them out in my first town since it's a zen forest type of town. I'm scared for how bad they spread though.

You could just think of it as another small daily chore? That you can make bells with!

Yeah I like it but I think it'd be great if it was darker in the spring and summer. It makes me town look too bright and cheerful! Not to mention having to dig up those shoots all the time. But overall I think it's great variation.

I also like to use bamboo to create little wooden fences. I like them fully grown too, but I've never used them that way in my town.

Yes. I chopped down all the bamboo in my town after the first growth stage and used it to make a nice fence around the clover path I have.

after a while bamboo can get annoying when it begins to spread but that's probably because i put them in a meh place lol

I have bamboo in only one part of my town. I think the best thing to do with them is to surround the bamboo with flowers so that they won't make more.

I like the bamboo if used sparingly, but I did visit this really lovely town covered in bamboo. It was so beautiful, I thought nothing good could ever come of using a bunch of bamboo if i'm honest. If it's used right and maintained it can look really nice. For example in my old town I had an area around the tokyo tower with a mix of bamboo and bushes, and it actually looked really nice. I hear chopping down the bamboo (not completely, just the top of it) makes it stop growing but I think it looks awful when cut, I did that in my town before the last and it wasn't very pretty to look at.

I still think bamboo is a nice addition to the game.

I dislike it in my own town because i feel that it doesn't fit my aesthetic, but for other towns i've seen instances where it looks lovely!

Not too fond of it. Kinda pointless.
It looks OK near ponds, but I prefer trees.

Last edited:
I like them and I dont like them. They look really neat and their bamboo shoots sell for a good amount at the retail, also they grow back fast enough to gather rather than waiting a couple of days for them to show up. BUT, they grow way to fast as if they are a virus, grow randomly EVERYWHERE, eat up your town, you constantly have to be diging up all the bamboo shoots which is a huge pain in the but, and is extremely difficult to fully get rid of out of your bamboo infested town. So now that I think about it, bamboo shoots suck and a pain in the butt!

Back