• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

If animal crossing is announced...

ahhh all these ideas are really great!
Here are a couple things I'd like:
- more customization (more pwps, plants, clothes, character faces/hairstyles, furniture and house exteriors, ordinances)
- the ability to place furniture outside omg please ;; (or maybe at least a yard you can customize?? like in hhd)
- bigger/multiple towns. and maybe different kinds of environments? animal crossing towns have always been really simple - kind of foresty and grasslandy. while that simplicity can be charming, the series has come a long way and I think having the ability to choose a different type of terrain for your town (mountainous, swampy, jungle-like, beach, etc.) would really enhance the experience. maybe each type of town could even have different climates/events/buildings/bugs and fish/plants/villagers, who knows
- much much more villager dialogue, more request variety (like most of them are fetch quests, I'd like it if there were more minigames like hide and seek) and like... deeper relationships with them in general? Like being able to have sleepovers/go shopping or visit the island with them if their friendship level is high enough idk. it'd also be nice if the villagers could have more interactions among each other, too.
- give the npcs houses and be able to interact with them like ordinary villagers when they're not working
- be able to see your other side characters walk around town like villagers when you're not playing them
- more npcs and shops (a bakery? a library with little tutorials and guides and stuff?)
- more pattern space
- being able to write back to your parents and send letters to your friends without having to visit their town
- choose where villagers get to live (you're the mayor after all smh)
- the ability to gift things to villagers/npcs without sending them letters

yeah I think about this a lot haha ^^; I'm literally gonna cry tears of joy if it's announced tomorrow

if a new animal crossing is announced i'm gonna lose my mind! but i really want pwp to be more accessible! a different variety in foliage would be nice too, like maybe a willow tree or something like that!

Man all of your ideas sound perfect to me lol, I'd love to be able to build more PWPs and have PWPs on the beach; a bigger map in general would be nice, with more projects and a higher villager capacity. It would also be cool to have other smaller events on random days like flea markets or something from the older games, though if flea markets came back I'd like it if you could "lock" your door or something so they wouldn't come barging in trying to buy all of your stuff haha :)

Omg yes! I miss the flea market I want that back!

- The ability to have multiple towns
- Choose where villagers move in
- Better path laying system
- Give the beach a reason to exist
- More villager personality types
- Bring back NPC backstories (Sable, Blathers, Tom Nook, etc.)
- Better PWP unlock system
- More PWPs
- Have lawns like in HHD
- Bring back HHD customization for houses and exteriors
- More bugs and fish

Those are just a few idk ?\_(ツ)_/?

All great ideas. Yes I'd love the back stories.

I'd also love if villager's houses gradually expanded as they lived in your town longer. It would really give a sense of reward for keeping them so long.

That would actually be really cool! Also like why don't they have a mailbox...they always are talking about getting letters..

Removable rocks.
Pick where Villager lives.

Be able to move your own house.
Have your house on an island, with no neighbors.

Own a boat, that you can drive, and fish from (introduce deep sea fishing for this)

Make one PWP a racing track, where you can own your own car (buy/earn upgrades etc) and race the villagers for prizes.

Fertilizer that re-grows grass.

The ability to kick ANYONE out, at any time.

That's it for now. ^_^

I'm not sure if anyone has said this, but the LoZ: BotW and AC's race course in Mario Kart 8 made me realize that this idea could actually be possible. I would love to see an Animal Crossing game where the town is designed much like what you see in MK8. For example, the buildings and trees are MASSIVE compared to the characters, which is more more true-to-life. Breath of the Wild's massive open world means these new Animal Crossing towns could be so much larger. Now, don't get me wrong. I don't want the towns to be nearly as big as BotW's world is, but after seeing what the Switch is capable of, it's definitely a possibility that Nintendo will increase the town's overall size. The Switch is the perfect console for Animal Crossing due to it's portability, and I have a feeling they're working on the system's title now.

http://071bc3d04e2671665c74-5a267f839fbe60d0845a37698418bb02.r26.cf5.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/mario-kart-8-animal-crossing-tracks-gameplay-screenshot-village-museum-wii-u.jpg

To me, the ACNL update and amiibo cards were only released to hold us over until the release of this game. Why else would they update a 3 year old game and take the time to make over 450 individual cards?

In the new game, I hope to see:
-increased foliage (more tree/flower/shrub varieties)
-more furniture sets, some updated older ones as well
-more characters
-larger town resident maximum (15?)
-extra house expansions (second story left, right, and back rooms??)
-house expansions for town residents
-LESS time/location specific DLC
-a larger island with more stuff to do
-more fish/bug varieties
-ability to move rocks
-ability to set locations of where animals can move in
-more in-depth characters....give them actual character. For example, all jocks currently say the same stuff.
-more hairstyle options
-an easier way to choose your town layout

Of course I'm asking for too much and Nintendo will likely not do any of this... but the Switch gives AC so much potential! Hopefully they can implement a good use of all of the amiibo cards I bought.

Here's what I'd like:

• Retain the ability to arrange furniture Happy Home Designter style.
  • The ability to rotate Public Works Projects.
  • The ability to customize aspects of Public Works Projects (For example, changing the colors on the picnic blanket.
  • Keep retail, and give us the ability to paint it because I've seen people move it to the beach when it doesn't match their town.
  • On that note, Public Works Projects on the beach!
  • Let us create designated areas for villagers to move into and/or let us move villager lots that already exist.
  • Give us "yard" areas like in Happy Home Designer to decorate, even if they're not as elaborate.
  • A larger town map to allow for more villagers would be great! 15 or so villagers would be nice.
  • More flower types. I love flowers!
  • Mini trees. Trees look so damn cute when they're growing. Sometimes I'm sad that I can't keep them that way.
  • Keep amiibo card functionality for those of us who already have them.

Last edited:
bigger/multiple towns. and maybe different kinds of environments? animal crossing towns have always been really simple - kind of foresty and grasslandy. while that simplicity can be charming, the series has come a long way and I think having the ability to choose a different type of terrain for your town (mountainous, swampy, jungle-like, beach, etc.) would really enhance the experience. maybe each type of town could even have different climates/events/buildings/bugs and fish/plants/villagers, who knows

Yesssss, I love this idea! I would add one caveat to the villager part, though -- you could have any type of villager as long as you invite them from the campsite. Like, cats might not be native to your beach town, but if one shows up as a camper, then you could invite them to your town.

As many others noted, I would also like to see more dialogue options, more minigames, more pattern space, and so on. One thing I think would be really cool though is the addition of an apartment building. You could have four or five villagers living in them at once on fixed-term leases. Once a villager's lease is over, you could try to convince them to build a house in your town. I guess this is similar to the hotel idea, but villagers could stay longer in an apartment. :p

Shoot! I knew I'd forgotten a few things.

• Palm trees on places other than the beach. We have palm trees everywhere here.
  • The ability to put "transparent" pixels in paths so that we don't have to fight to blend it into the ground, especially when the seasons and colors are going to be changing. OR a proper path system that doesn't rely on design.
  • The ability to change the pavements of the Plaza, Train Station, etc. Maybe some dark brick, different kinds of stones, etc, on a similar vein to how we change the pavement in our character homes. The option of having no pavement would be great too. Some of us really love to landscape. ;v;

Last edited:
-To place outside furniture like in HHD (Thats not a pwp and can be changed)
- better way to unlock pwp's
-pwp placement better (?) Like to rotate some things n stuff
- more cutesy and natural villagers (ex. for the natural villagers; like how Molly looks like a real mallard duck)
- Doors and curtains in houses like HHD
- carpets like in HHD

I would looove to have lawns/yards like in HHD! They're so much fun to decorate

I'd love to be able to interact more with PWP's. Like add swings,slides,teeter-totters and be able to use them. I'd love to water the grass and then use a lawn mower and mow the grass. To be able to transplant trees and shrubs. I always waste so many of those and they're so hard to get. That would be awesome.

A bigger town and more than 10 villagers can live there. (maybe 15 like in the GameCube version)

Be able to remove or replace rocks.

Carpets and curtains like in HHD!

Hanging things on the ceiling like in HHD!

More flower types, I would love to see sunflowers growing in my town. :D

Having more places to go to.. like a library or movie theater (ok, I know that's not going to happen lol).

• Ability to choose where villagers live.
  • More villagers in the town.
  • More space in the inventory.
  • Backyards for houses.
  • Ability to hang things form the ceiling.
  • Better way to unlock PWPs.
  • More kinds of flowers, trees and bushes.
  • More types of fruit
  • More animal species in the villagers.

Last edited:
Shoot! I knew I'd forgotten a few things.

• Palm trees on places other than the beach. We have palm trees everywhere here.
  • The ability to put "transparent" pixels in paths so that we don't have to fight to blend it into the ground, especially when the seasons and colors are going to be changing. OR a proper path system that doesn't rely on design.
  • The ability to change the pavements of the Plaza, Train Station, etc. Maybe some dark brick, different kinds of stones, etc, on a similar vein to how we change the pavement in our character homes. The option of having no pavement would be great too. Some of us really love to landscape. ;v;

I love all those ideas!

Well... it wasn't announced *cries for days*

Back