• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you travelled outside the country you live/were born in?

Have you ever been abroad/outside the country you were born in?

• Total voters
I have been abroad. I've been to France, Portugal and America. I'm hoping to be able to travel around Europe a bit more I'd like to go to Germany, my dad reckons they are more similar in culture to us than Americans and I'd like to see if that's true lol. I'd like to go to some long haul places like Canada but Europe is much easier for me because I don't cope well with flying so I can either go by ferry or train, or failing that a short flight.

I have been abroad. I've been to France, Portugal and America. I'm hoping to be able to travel around Europe a bit more I'd like to go to Germany, my dad reckons they are more similar in culture to us than Americans and I'd like to see if that's true lol. I'd like to go to some long haul places like Canada but Europe is much easier for me because I don't cope well with flying so I can either go by ferry or train, or failing that a short flight.

You can actually drive across Europe, much like how you can drive across America. I have friends who have done it and my cousin had to drive across Europe to get to her wedding on time.

You can actually drive across Europe, much like how you can drive across America. I have friends who have done it and my cousin had to drive across Europe to get to her wedding on time.

I can't drive on the right. I can barely drive on the left.

Yesterday I came back from the UK, where I have been living for the past six months. I have also gone to many other countries on holidays but I still have a long list of countries I want to go to someday.

I've travelled to China from New Zealand ^-^

Last edited:
I haven't gone to many vacation spots but I lived in many countries. I used to live in Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Philippines, UAE, and now Texas in America. There are many cities I've been to! A country I would love to explore would be France :)

born in america
been to canada, mexico, syria, lebanon, france, and apparently my dad says i was in austria when i was really young? i dont remember it at all tho but apparently we had really good apricots

also i know i have been to 7 countries outside america but i just cant remember the others rn wtf

Yup, plenty of places. I really enjoy traveling but I haven't had the means to do it like I wanted to. I've been to Canada, Mexico, the UK, France, South Korea and Japan. I really want to visit Italy, Greece, Australia, New Zealand, India, Vietnam, Brazil, South Africa, China, Hong Kong (technically it's own territory), Taiwan (a sensitive issue but I shall categorize it as separate for sake of specificity) but the process to get a visa to China is lengthy and a bit expensive. I regret not visiting Italy when I was in Europe but I was afraid since I was traveling alone and I couldn't speak Italian. I'm so comfortable traveling alone now. In fact, there are times when I prefer it to traveling with family or friends. You can set your own schedule, you can choose where you want to go and you don't have to worry about which restaurant to choose when it comes time to eat. I'm going back to Japan this summer, maybe Osaka or Kyoto instead of Tokyo. I really want to stay in Tokyo for at least one day though. It's really up to what my family wants since it'll be my mom's first time there!

I live in the U.S. and I've been to China, the Bahamas, and tomorrow, I'll be going on a cruise to Spain, France, Norway, Italy, and Denmark. :)

Yeah, I went to Japan in 2006 to visit family on my mom's side. My mom and I (and maybe sister) are making plans to go back in the future (visit family + visit northern Japan).

From the United States but I grew up in a military family and lived in Germany for 3 years

Only the once, I went to New York for n 2017 and it’s one of the best things I’ve ever done. I get pretty anxious since covid though so haven’t gone abroad since
Post automatically merged:

Oops I didn’t mean to bump this so much, didn’t realise it was so old

Yeah I even live outside the country I was born in. :D

I visited (from what I remember)... France (living here now), Italy, Greece, Austria and Belgium

Yup! In 2015 I went on vacation with my family to Germany and the Netherlands. We stayed in Munich for a week, stayed in Frankfurt am Main for a night, then headed up to Amsterdam via train. The ride to Amsterdam was one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen in my life, with all the forests and farms. Then in 2019, I went on an exchange trip to Germany, staying in Hamburg with my host family for most of the trip. We all spent a weekend in Sylt (island in the North Sea) and us Americans spent some time in Berlin. Sylt was another one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen in my life. My favorite part was the scenery coming back from the low tide Wadden Sea on a cloudy day with the greenery and the hilly things and the cottages. Idk how to explain it but watching it out the window of a warm and cozy bus was just heavenly! (*´ω`*)

Oh yeah, and we had a short layover in Switzerland on the way home if you count that.

i have not, hopefully i'll get the oppourtunity one day

yes i've been lots of places in europe!!! ive only ever been outside of europe once tho!

Back