Sweet Balloon
Red Bunny Balloon
Sweet Heart Balloon
Pink Balloon
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Does anyone else have it? I was diagnosed some years ago.

Last edited:
Yep *raises hand* Officially diagnosed earlier this year and some psychologist dude thought I had it when I was way younger, so basically yes.

(Long story why I got it so late, basically my parents never cared much, cause "you didn't do investigations back then" and hid it from me until recent years...)

I don't, but I think I do. I'm way different from everyone else my age and idk how to describe it. I know something's not right though, but I'm too scared to tell my mom cause she will say I'm being paranoid or something. So I'll just wait til I'm older and I'll go to the doctor myself

*happily jumps up and down in seat* Yes, I was diagnosed a few years ago at the age of 21, though it was blatantly obvious when I was a kid. My mom asked the pediatrician about my sensitivity to clothing, sensitivity to certain noises, sensitivity to food, my routines, my self injury, my stims, not being able to go out in public for more than 10 minutes without freaking out, not talking much at all. Pediatricians said it was normal, lmao. So I figured it out myself and after a few years of wondering, I went for a professional diagnosis on my own accord. Autism in general has become my "special interest" and I try to avoid talking about it too much on here because I want people to actually like me on here, ha... I've been here for a over a year now and haven't been able to make any friends.

Last edited:
yes im autistic i got my diagnosis in april last year but i had known i was on the spectrum since i was around 11 or 12. earlier this year i went to a group for 16-18 yr olds w asd and it was rly interesting and good bc everyone who was there were so different from each other and had different problems. asd as a diagnosis doesnt say a lot about the symptoms u have, which is something i think a lot of people don't think about, like, because it's one disorder people seem to think everyone w it is similar when that's not true at all.

yeah, i have it. when i was younger i didnt show any noteable signs other than weird eating habits so i was diagnosed in august 2016, i think its generally harder to diagnose in girls anyway but i always had a feeling something was wrong with me
for me its not a "hell yeah proud to have asperger's" its more of a "why me" im no social butterfly but im pretty okay at talking to people and im kinda smart i guess but its also made me more prone to depression and anxiety and hallucinations (which is something my psychiatrist said was common in people with asperger's) it kind of makes me stuck in my own world
would i wish it away? not sure. i would definitely get rid of it but it might take away what my friends like about me

Last edited:
yeah, i have it. when i was younger i didnt show any noteable signs other than weird eating habits so i was diagnosed in august 2016, i think its generally harder to diagnose in girls anyway but i always had a feeling something was wrong with me
for me its not a "hell yeah proud to have asperger's" its more of a "why me" im no social butterfly but im pretty okay at talking to people and im kinda smart i guess but its also made me more prone to depression and anxiety and hallucinations (which is something my psychiatrist said was common in people with asperger's) it kind of makes me stuck in my own world
would i wish it away? not sure. i would definitely get rid of it but it might take away what my friends like about me

See, that's funny, as I've had no idea that having autism made hallucinations more common until I stumbled upon this article 2 days ago: https://theconversation.com/autistic-people-are-three-times-more-likely-to-have-hallucinations-77337

That explains a lot about what I experience and I'm happy to know I'm not just making up these things in my head, as a lot of people like to try to tell me... it was a huge relief, actually.

- - - Post Merge - - -

One thing in particular that really freaked me out was the mention of hearing your voice in your head so loud that other people may hear them and whenever I do have that sensation somebody close to me often times says, "What?" But I didn't even say anything at all. "Oh, I thought you said something."

Last edited:
See, that's funny, as I've had no idea that having autism made hallucinations more common until I stumbled upon this article 2 days ago: https://theconversation.com/autistic-people-are-three-times-more-likely-to-have-hallucinations-77337

That explains a lot about what I experience and I'm happy to know I'm not just making up these things in my head, as a lot of people like to try to tell me... it was a huge relief, actually.

- - - Post Merge - - -

One thing in particular that really freaked me out was the mention of hearing your voice in your head so loud that other people may hear them and whenever I do have that sensation somebody close to me often times says, "What?" But I didn't even say anything at all. "Oh, I thought you said something."

before i was diagnosed with asperger's i was diagnosed with psychosis, but it got ruled out as soon as i was diagnosed with autism about a year later since there was a link between it and hallucinations. it was probably the last thing i expected for a link between the two even though it makes a lot of sense lol

and the opposite happens to me as im the one who goes "huh? did you say anything?" this happens at least once a day when someone is near me and im not looking at them, i hear their voice and its them saying my name or something relevant thats happening between us. its very strange

i was diagnosed briefly (a few months), then my counsellor suspected it was something different so i did the tests again and she ruled ASD out.

i think w the girls being harder to diagnose uhh that it's really a lot of different things. like, i think it has a lot to do w how boys and girls are supposed to be (loud or quiet and stuff like that, there's a good, quiet girl stereotype that many people put autistic girls in because they're quiet) and that girls w asd generally don't act out as much as boys do and people don't know it's still autism because everyone thinks of screaming 10 year old boys who love trains when they think of autism. a lot more girls have been getting diagnosed earlier the last few years and i think it has a lot to do with people being more educated about asd and how it presents in different people.

i don't think it is that hard to notice signs of autism. im probably going to offend everyone now but, like, it can be really easy to spot asd (or at least neurodivergent) behaviour lolllll. i often see or meet people and think "i bet they're on the spectrum" because of small things i notice about them. obviously my asd radar isnt flawless but what i mean is that it REALLY ISNt that hard!!!! to see !!!!! signs!!!!! and if you notice signs you shouldnt ignore them. (this is mostly about adults working with children because they have a responsibility to not ignore signs of various disorders.)
also people don't know enough about asd, don't see a pattern, don't recognize non stereotypical autism and think that it is offensive to suggest that someone might be autistic. all of that is stupid and sucks, especially the last part. autism isn't something to be ashamed of and it's so stupid and bad that people are afraid of or hesitant to bring up autism w parents or someone else because guess what :') they're adding to the stigma by making a big deal out of it :') just check it out a bit and see if the kid could benefit from an autism evaluation :') it's literally that easy and there's nothing offensive about it, they're being an asshat when they're acting like it would be offensive.
it's way worse to go without a diagnosis (and help) for years than it is to check it out and come to the conclusion that you aren't autistic. sdfrgthjhgf i hate psychiatry and schools and allistic people haha

and sry for writing a long rant ghjmkjhgff

i think w the girls being harder to diagnose uhh that it's really a lot of different things. like, i think it has a lot to do w how boys and girls are supposed to be (loud or quiet and stuff like that, there's a good, quiet girl stereotype that many people put autistic girls in because they're quiet) and that girls w asd generally don't act out as much as boys do and people don't know it's still autism because everyone thinks of screaming 10 year old boys who love trains when they think of autism. a lot more girls have been getting diagnosed earlier the last few years and i think it has a lot to do with people being more educated about asd and how it presents in different people.

i don't think it is that hard to notice signs of autism. im probably going to offend everyone now but, like, it can be really easy to spot asd (or at least neurodivergent) behaviour lolllll. i often see or meet people and think "i bet they're on the spectrum" because of small things i notice about them. obviously my asd radar isnt flawless but what i mean is that it REALLY ISNt that hard!!!! to see !!!!! signs!!!!! and if you notice signs you shouldnt ignore them. (this is mostly about adults working with children because they have a responsibility to not ignore signs of various disorders.)
also people don't know enough about asd, don't see a pattern, don't recognize non stereotypical autism and think that it is offensive to suggest that someone might be autistic. all of that is stupid and sucks, especially the last part. autism isn't something to be ashamed of and it's so stupid and bad that people are afraid of or hesitant to bring up autism w parents or someone else because guess what :') they're adding to the stigma by making a big deal out of it :') just check it out a bit and see if the kid could benefit from an autism evaluation :') it's literally that easy and there's nothing offensive about it, they're being an asshat when they're acting like it would be offensive.
it's way worse to go without a diagnosis (and help) for years than it is to check it out and come to the conclusion that you aren't autistic. sdfrgthjhgf i hate psychiatry and schools and allistic people haha

and sry for writing a long rant ghjmkjhgff

i always knew i was on the spectrum and i tried to convince my mom to get me a psychiatrist for years until i had extremely noticeable depression she finally did something about it, i did try not to rely on her but no one took me seriously
i guess you have to be lucky with your parents to be able to notice your symptoms as my mom brushed off anything different about me as just being a little kid
i wish i wasnt so critical about myself as having autism as its not a terrible thing to have its just that people clump together that youre supposed to act like a stereotypical autistic person in order to be autistic
i saw signs in my friend and i suggested he should go and see a psychiatrist since he was already extremely depressed and suicidal anyway but he got super offended and i felt bad

My mom and brother think I'm along the spectrum, I can see it being a possibility. A different brother and my mom's stepson have autism so she's gotten pretty familiar with the signs and such. My dad's never mentioned it to me, he always ignores it if I mention it so no diagnosis for the time being

I just wish autism was normalized and not talked about like it's taboo. It's too effing common for us to all be treated like bad stereotypes.

i always knew i was on the spectrum and i tried to convince my mom to get me a psychiatrist for years until i had extremely noticeable depression she finally did something about it, i did try not to rely on her but no one took me seriously
i guess you have to be lucky with your parents to be able to notice your symptoms as my mom brushed off anything different about me as just being a little kid
i wish i wasnt so critical about myself as having autism as its not a terrible thing to have its just that people clump together that youre supposed to act like a stereotypical autistic person in order to be autistic
i saw signs in my friend and i suggested he should go and see a psychiatrist since he was already extremely depressed and suicidal anyway but he got super offended and i felt bad

wow your mom doesnt sound very nice but sadly a lot of parents ignore their kids' problems so they dont get it on paper until way later. having the diagnosis (like, on paper, im not talking about being autistic lol) can really help you in school because you have the right to get more help and stuff and having it on paper usually makes people around you more understanding (which can save u a lot of energy and emotional distress)
i hope that people will learn more about autism and that the stigma will go away. it's sad that a lot of people get angry or offended when it's suggested they or their child could be autistic and it's really sad how upset people can get when they get the diagnosis.

when i went to a group for teens w an asd diagnosis they focused a lot on not hating that part of you and seeing the good things w being autistic, which i thought was sad because it was kind of expected that we would hate ourselves or feel bad about it.

obviously it's not those people's fault, they have probably met a lot of kids who hate everything about autism and think they wont ever be as good as others because of it, but at the same time it's kind of weird to put so much emphasis on that subject when no one in the group has brought it up because it kinda gives off the vibe that we probably do/should/have a reason to feel that way about ourselves. idk. like, i wish people wouldn't say stuff like "you can be good despite ur disability!" (even though it's true and i'm sure some people need to hear that) because it kinda .. idk how to put it, it's just kind of bad.

i don't feel like being autistic makes me inferior, it's just how i function. sure it's different from other people but that doesn't mean it is bad. i don't think the autism is the biggest problem for a lot of autistic people, it's more the environment and how society works (and doesnt work for autistic people). like, there wouldn't be as many problems with being autistic if everyone was on the spectrum because then society would be much more adapted to our needs.
idk im rambling but i really hope that people will get more educated about it so that autistic people will have an easier time existing n stuff

Back