White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Purple Violet
White Lily
Red Lily
header.png

Hello everyone and welcome to our latest Bell Tree Direct. Tonight we have some announcements to make regarding staff, collectibles, and a few other minor topics. This Direct's bell giveaway will also be quite generous, so you won't want to miss it!

Character Collectible Redesign

The first item on our agenda is the redesigning of our character collectible series that we started last year.

Old:
characterCollectibleRedesignOld.png

New:
characterCollectibleRedesign.png

As you can see, the collectibles now feature only the heads of the characters, which is a neater and more appealing style. To go along with this change, the Lobo and Mint collectibles will be well stocked in the shop for the next several days. Pav? and Jack will make a return in the future.

We haven't added to the series since it started with these four, but the new design has a more universal style that will work better with more characters. Perhaps the next character collectible will be revealed sooner than you expect...

Staff Changes

The roles of our staff members are changing a bit to fit better with their schedules and the forum's needs. Tina is moving from the moderator group to the project staff group. Although she is stepping down from working with members and reports, she will continue to help run events in this role, as the other project staff have done since we created the role a year ago.

To add to our mod team, Peter and Laudine will move in the other direction, from project staff to moderator. Keep in mind that, in the future, we won't necessarily move project staff to the moderating team whenever the forum is in need of mods. However, we believe that moving Peter and Laudine is the best way to increase the mod team at this time. They have both been a big help in creating events and graphics, and will continue doing so in addition to TBT's regular moderating tasks.

We hope these changes will allow TBT to continue running smoothly and continue putting on great forum events!

Big Bell Giveaway

It may have been a while since out last bell giveaway, but in this Bell Tree Direct, I am proud to announce our Super Big Bell Direct Giveaway of 300 bells. This is not an April Fools prank and there will be no fleas, broken images, or fake fights. Be sure to hurry, as this will only be available for a short while!

New Leif Character Collectible

With the character collectible redesign and another flowery announcement that you'll read about below, everyone's favorite gardening sloth will be the newest addition to the character series! You can find him in the shop for 95 bells. They will be unique at first to make sure everyone has a chance to get one.

Lief wanted me to let you all to know that you've done well decorating TBT with the flower collectibles over the last year. However, the series is about to get even more colorful with the additions Justin will explain in the section below.

Hybrid Flower Collectibles

Hey all, it's Justin here with an update on the future of our Flower Collectible Series! Over the past year, we've been introducing new sets of flowers into the Shop every two months. Now that the initial introduction of common flowers has came to an end, we're ready to start introducing the long awaited hybrid flowers into the mix.

flowerDisplay.png

Just like the first year of flower collectibles, they will continue to cycle in and out of the Shop throughout the next year with a different set of flowers available each time. But now a new hybrid flower will join the collection every other month! And don't worry, the common flowers already in existence will return with each new hybrid color.

But hmm... Which color are we going to add each time? Rather than our usual method of throwing darts randomly at sticky notes on the wall to make decisions, we're going to enlist your advice! Prior to every new hybrid for the next year, we'll put up a community poll for you to vote on your hybrid color of choice. The winning color will be released in the following month.

Finally, I'm really happy to announce we've made the decision to keep the hybrid flowers for this year unlimited during their availability periods. This means you won't need to fight to pick one up before stock runs dry, or refresh for a lucky restock. You can pick one up at anytime during the availability period for just 299 Bells each.

Here's a handy schedule for the future of Flower Collectible Series releases in 2017:

FlowersAvailability Period
CosmosJuly 1st - August 31st
PansiesSeptember 1st - October 31st
TulipsNovember 1st - December 31st

Shop Restock

In addition to the abundant restock of character collectibles, we will be restocking many different collectibles over the next week. Be on the lookout for that rare cluster of pixels you've been after!

chocolate-cake.png

E3 2017

As most of you know, E3 is a big media event for video games where developers reveal new information and videos about their upcoming games. It's happening this week and many companies have already started revealing information. Every year on TBT, E3 has stirred up a great amount of excitement. Although we won't be adding a separate board for the event this year, the discussion is still as lively as ever. Check out the E3 2017 General Thread in Gamers' Lounge board and the Nintendo at E3 2017 thread in the Nintendo Treehouse board.

Minor Rules Updates

Please take note of these two minor adjustments to the rules:

Line added to list of prohibited content under 1.d. Prohibited Content:
1.d. Prohibited Content said:
Discrimination against any race, religion, or sexual orientation.

Clarification to line about no-content replies under 1.b. Post Quality:
1.d. Prohibited Content said:
Image, video, or smiley replies, with little or no other meaningful content alongside them.

What's Next for TBT

Although this may be the first Bell Tree Direct in a while, we hope to have some more news coming soon. This may even include the return of TBT's most popular event for another year... Until then, I hope you've enjoyed these announcements!

First! :D

Congrats Peter and Laudine! :D
Tina! It's great to see that you are a Project Staff Member!

Last edited:
Very nice direct folks!! I'm loving the new Mint collectible design, the free 300TBT, hybrid flowers and chocolate cake restocks!! Not gonna lie, I was gonna put up a thread asking to buy one from someone. Glad I didn't! Haha

Edit: I actually got a chocolate cake collectible!! Whaaat?! Yay! :D It sold out right after too. Omg what luck!

Last edited:
Why couldn't that dart land a lil' to the left?

I'm liking this update!

Can't wait to see if there are blue roses soon :rolleyes:

Last edited:
This is great! congrats laudy and peter!

still waiting on manual collectible arranging

Congratulations Laudine and Peter -- start banning those punks for us!

If you still see the old character collectibles, you will need hard refresh your browser (usually Ctrl + F5 on Windows, Cmd + R on Mac, refresh twice on mobile).

Thank you guys, I'll definitely do my best :blush: Peter is awesome and I'm sure he'll be a wonderful mod!

Congratulations Laudine and Peter -- start banning those punks for us!

Okay I'll start banning everyone now!!

tJVxrnc.png

Got a lot this restock! I hardly ever get one restocked collectible! I'm really happy. ^^

One more direct without a night theme, one more piece of Horus' heart ripped off.

Yay free tbt!!!

Welcome to the Big Blue House Peter and Laudine !!!

Seeing Peter in royal blue feels so right

Congrats to all 3 of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back