• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Bell Tree Direct - 6.11.17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, if a restock happens with all houses, should I get the yellow one, or the teal one? I can only get one since I need to be fast.

Be patient. Apples hate impatience. If you wait patiently, the apples will be proud at you for showing patience.

I've been listening to video game music and playing Mario Kart Wii for hours on end, please restock now so we can all sleep, staff included.

On a somewhat unrelated note, a Kicks collectible was accidentally confirmed to be in the works by Jake.

I'm not going after collectibles. I like to have fun on this site. That means attempting to grab a collectible when it restocks.

Trying to get a teal house for you, a pink house for Pinkbell, and a yellow house for Chica. Wow, that's a lot of houses.

Aww no, don't worry yourself, dear! Thank you though, I appreciate it. But seriously, don't lose sleep over me. I'm in an earlier timezone so I'll be fine either way. ;v;

I wonder if an hour later or something we're still going to be waiting for the collectibles and screaming "FUTURE" like Squidward.

16874_2_full.jpg

brb.gif

The thread should be all cleaned up now and you've had more than enough time to cool off, but before we start allowing discussion again, I would like to say a few things.

It's no secret that this thread was closed for the amount of trolling and personal attacks being jabbed at one another, and going from a civil thread to a complete train wreck in the span on 10 minutes, which all stemmed from a bunch of 24x24 pixel icons; but you guys need to understand that collectibles are just meant to be a little something extra we do for fun here - this is a forum after all, not a collectibles/adoptable site - and it saddens us to see people get annoyed and upset just because they can't grab one. What fun would it be if there was no challenge in getting them? Though with saying that, it is obvious to see that some people are annoyed and frustrated with how the restocks have been run.

I apologise for myself, and on the behalf of the behaviour of others, to anyone who was upset about collectibles, and to anyone who was upset or offended by any of the trolling that went on in this thread. Additionally, please take my humblest apologies to anyone who felt unwelcome, or who was banned during any restock which may have happened in that time. However, you need to understand that this type of immature, passive aggressive behaviour is totally unacceptable, and it only irks me to no extent that throughout the whole debacle, only two users bothered to report what was happening. You all knew what was happening in this thread was not appropriate, yet the majority of users here chose to ignore that and continue flaming one another. Whilst we don't allow public discussion of other users bans/infractions, if you feel your warn/infraction/ban was not warranted for whatever reason, feel free to make a thread in the Contact The Staff board, or you can always Private Message another member of staff if you do not wish to have me involved in the process. Whilst some of you may think the punishments given were a little harsh, I feel that with everything considered, the appropriate action was taken.

We really do try our best to ensure enough collectibles are given out during the restocks, but we obviously can't please everyone, and it just seems whenever we do a restock on a grand scale, there's always a fight of some sort. Maybe it's how the staff run things, maybe it's just how the users respond, whatever the case is, we really do wish all this fighting would stop, and you could all simply enjoy what you have been given. The collectibles have been scarce ever since the demand for them peaked back in 2013, and unfortunately, that's probably how they're going to stay. We're not going to randomly decide to have every collectible readily available for each and every member, because then what would the point in even having them? Whilst I personally do agree that certain collectibles should not be this hard to obtain, you have to understand that we have our reasons for doing so, and you all need to respect that, regardless if you agree with the practice or not.

With all that said, you can continue discussion until one of the big A's decided to lock this thread for good, and I wish you all the best of luck in your future collectible endeavours!

Woah what had happened? I was asleep during the insanity... anyways, I got myself a Pink House from hillaruhsaur! So I think I wouldn't have to worry about restocks anymore. :eek:

Last edited:
I know collectibles will be low quantity, but who's ready for some restocks? I'm ready for them.

I have no idea what happened. o.o I was asleep. Nevertheless I hope I can score something good today! :D

I missed all the drama, thank god. I thought I would never say that 'cause I love the drama but this thread was definitely not the place to start anything.

I'm satisfied with the amount of restocks that have occurred and I'm grateful to the staff for even restocking the collectibles. I'm usually asleep when they happen but that doesn't take away from the fact that I'm happy and content with them.

Thank you Staff. :blush:

lmao I was late to all the fuss by like a few minutes, kinda glad I didn't dive headlong into the 70+ pages filled with blah.

...you guys need to understand that collectibles are just meant to be a little something extra we do for fun here...

...it saddens us to see people get annoyed and upset just because they can't grab one.

...whatever the case is, we really do wish all this fighting would stop, and you could all simply enjoy what you have been given.

A few highlights I agree with!! Collectible are just a bunch of pictures and while I understand that they're like a status symbol or a goal/wishlist or lovely reminder or a gift for ppl, it's not enough of a reason to make such a huge fuss considering they're items anyone can live without. uou They especially aren't worth the lack of sleep; your body needs sleep and rest more than it needs those collectibles!!! Idk stop risking sleep and sanity for them omg there are others things to worry about in life.

And to the staff, the transparency and sincerity is highly appreciated, thank you for working hard!

- - - Post Merge - - -

In other news, will there be more restocks? I hope to snag one while I'm still awake and doing homework pffft :p

I just want to apologize for not reporting what was going on. I haven't been on this site for very long and I wasn't sure if they were being serious or not because it seemed like it came out of no where. I thought everyone was having a good time talking together, I was at least. I also thought that the thread was being monitored since a mod and an admin had posted here last night. In the future I will report a post that I'm not 100% about instead of assuming it might be fine.

With that out of the way! I'm glad there wasn't a restock last night after that whole debacle. Bring on the mori!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back