• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How important is gender/personality balance to you?

In the beginning when I was planning out who I wanted I wasn't really paying too much attention to their personality types and gender but it just so happened I ended up with a very nice balance. I'm pretty sure I have at least one of each personality but I'm too lazy to check at the moment.

I just try to get at least one villager per personality. And with the remaining two I pick random personality type. I don't feel it's necessary to have a balance, can't really. Since there is only eight personality types.

Last edited:
I tend to go for one personality of each. Some I'll allow and accept duplicates, others, I only find there can be one of, e.g. Punchy for Lazy, Lolly for Normal, Marshal for Smug, etc.

I only care because of PWPs, otherwise, whether I like a villager or not matters most to me. I seem to like a lot of normal and smug villager designs for some reason.

Gender doesn't matter to me but I'd like to keep at least one of every personality or if I don't feel like having uchi and jock villagers, I'd be fine having 2 but not more than 3 of the same personalities.

I find that I enjoy having a variety in each of my towns, not necessarily for the public works projects, but just to have The animals say different things or have different reactions. I find that, without even trying, I usually end up with an even split in genders or maybe a 6/4 split. But that's just usually the norm with me. If I end up with several of the same personality, but I like the characters, then so be it. So far, I just haven't had that happen.

Not at all, I prefer a pretty villagers and their aren't many male ones that cut it for me.. so Marshal is I believe the only dude lol!

Neither gender nor personality are a big thing for me, I take the cute ones, and kitties. So. Many. Kitties.

I don't really care about which gender villagers are, I just pick ones that I think look cool. It is a plus if the villager is cranky or smug though.

I don't try to balance my towns at all, I just pick villagers I think are cute- and usually that means lazy/peppy/normal villagers. I usually have more girls than boys in my town because I have normals and peppies, but with boys I basically only have lazies with the exception of Antonio. I think this is my first town that's actually gender balanced.

Last edited:
Not at all really. I just had the villagers I liked, both personality and design-wise.

Doesn't matter to me in the slightest, I just get the villagers I think are cute.

Back