How important is gender/personality balance to you?

Not important at all. I tend to like a lot of normals, snooties and peppies so that's basically what my town is full of. Lol. I don't even mind!

I always like to have at least one of each for the sake of PWP requests, but otherwise I don't care about gender or balance. As long as I have 1 of each, I don't care if there are 3 normal villagers or an uneven balance of males to females.

I've actually never thought about it, but I went through and I seem to have a pretty good mix! I guess I just pick whoever I think is cute with a personality that I enjoy. :) Here are my villagers:

Jock (m)
Normal (f)
Uchi (f)
Smug (m)
Peppy (f)
Lazy (m)
Peppy (f)
Smug (m)
Cranky (m)
Lazy (m)

I don't think about gender balance much at all, mostly focus on having each personality to help with pwp requests. Also I try not to have too many of the same species. I love wolves and deer though so I have a few of each lol.

I'm pretty sure I have at least one of each personality in my town atm, and I'll probably keep it like that until I unlock all the pwps :p

I usually chose one villager from each male personality, and 2 sets of the same personality from the female personalities. The ones I usually pick are doubles of snooty and peppy. I guess gender balance is important to me in the sense that I have atleast 1 male villager for each personality. I don't like having more females than males, in the theoretical sense that I replace some male villagers with female villagers.

Kinda unrelated, but I also like them to have different colour schemes. I don't like having all villagers that all fit the same kinda colour scheme (for example pink or blue)

Last edited:
I try and keep an even gender/personality balance in my town. Once I had eight females and only one male (I don't even know how that ended up happening) in my town and it got boring fast. I kind of wish I could have three snooties in my town and one of every other personality because there's three snooties I really love, but I really don't want to throw off the personality/gender balance. Right now I have an even 5/5 split and I'm hoping to keep it that way.

Everything has to be even, or else I go crazy. I'll allow two doubles of a personality, but that's it. I currently have:
4 girls, 6 boys
2 lazies
2 crankies
1 jock
1 smug
1 snooty
1 normal
1 peppy
1 uchi

To even out the girl/boy ratio, I'm planning to kick out Wart. Jr so I can get Apple. Then I'l move out Canberra to get Phoebe, and everything will be perfect :)

Very. I find it very important to me. :p

Here's what I currently plan for.

Male

Lazy - 1
Jock - 1
Cranky - 1
Smug - 2

Female

Normal - 1
Peppy - 1
Snooty - 1
Uchi - 2

So overall I plan for 5 Male and 5 Female. :)

Last edited:
I like to have one of each personality type, and then I like to fill the remaining 2 open spaces with either:

1. Some favorite villagers of mine, regardless of personality/gender.

2. An extra personality type that can request specific pwps I want.

Gender doesn't really play a role besides the personality.

Balance was never an issue... to be honest I never thought about it before... Yet somehow I ended up with 5 males, 5 females, each being a different personality type with my extras being an additional smug and normal. To make matters even better they are all completely different species.

No plans whatsoever...

I make sure to get one of each personality, then one boy and one girl double. This way I don't get sick of any particular personality type.

One of each personality for PWPs, the other slots are usually lazy, cranky, or jock. I don't particularly care about the gender ratio, but my town happens to have a fairly good balance (6 males and 4 females).

Last edited:
i prefer to have a mix of all but usually i have a lot of duplicates which is a shame bc of the dialogue, but i currently have a pretty good balance for once - i used to have 3 lazies and 3 peppy villagers which was horrible bc honestly i don't really like either of them all that much???

2 normal
2 lazy (one is moving out soon, which i allowed bc i recently had 3 lazies and i'm v bored of the dialogue)
1 peppy
1 snooty
1 cranky
1 jock
1 smug
1 uchi

gender balance doesn't matter to me either, although i think i have 5 of each. i'm looking to replace kabuki with hamphrey, so that'll still be one cranky, and i'm looking to replace erik with another deer villager, hopefully a jock!! i do like to have consistency in my species' though

Last edited:
My current villagers:

Penelope - Female, Peppy
Freya - Female, Snooty
Bruce - Male, Cranky
Mitzi - Female, Normal
Axel - Male, Jock
Zucker - Male, Lazy
Colton - Male, Smug
Flo - Female, Uchi
Buck - Male, Jock

My town is barely one month old and I want most of these villagers to move out cause they're either in bad spots or I don't like them :p
But for now, I may as well try get as many different PWP's as possible

My villagers are completely out of control and there's no rhyme or reason to any of them in my town other than if I think they look cute or cool

Back