How important is gender/personality balance to you?

In the beginning when I was planning out who I wanted I wasn't really paying too much attention to their personality types and gender but it just so happened I ended up with a very nice balance. I'm pretty sure I have at least one of each personality but I'm too lazy to check at the moment.

I just try to get at least one villager per personality. And with the remaining two I pick random personality type. I don't feel it's necessary to have a balance, can't really. Since there is only eight personality types.

Last edited:
I tend to go for one personality of each. Some I'll allow and accept duplicates, others, I only find there can be one of, e.g. Punchy for Lazy, Lolly for Normal, Marshal for Smug, etc.

I only care because of PWPs, otherwise, whether I like a villager or not matters most to me. I seem to like a lot of normal and smug villager designs for some reason.

Gender doesn't matter to me but I'd like to keep at least one of every personality or if I don't feel like having uchi and jock villagers, I'd be fine having 2 but not more than 3 of the same personalities.

I find that I enjoy having a variety in each of my towns, not necessarily for the public works projects, but just to have The animals say different things or have different reactions. I find that, without even trying, I usually end up with an even split in genders or maybe a 6/4 split. But that's just usually the norm with me. If I end up with several of the same personality, but I like the characters, then so be it. So far, I just haven't had that happen.

Not at all, I prefer a pretty villagers and their aren't many male ones that cut it for me.. so Marshal is I believe the only dude lol!

Neither gender nor personality are a big thing for me, I take the cute ones, and kitties. So. Many. Kitties.

I don't really care about which gender villagers are, I just pick ones that I think look cool. It is a plus if the villager is cranky or smug though.

I don't try to balance my towns at all, I just pick villagers I think are cute- and usually that means lazy/peppy/normal villagers. I usually have more girls than boys in my town because I have normals and peppies, but with boys I basically only have lazies with the exception of Antonio. I think this is my first town that's actually gender balanced.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter to me in the slightest, I just get the villagers I think are cute.

Back