• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How important is gender/personality balance to you?

CookieCrossing

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Do you choose villagers so you'll have an even number of boys and girls or a personality balance (with only two personality duplicates)? Or do you just choose who you like? I have a terrible balance:

4 snooty
3 peppy
1 normal
2 lazy
yeah, it's pretty bad. Also 2 males and 8 females. But I love my villagers no matter what.

I have a personality balance. Otherwise I would get really bored of my villagers, since each personality has the same dialogue :(

I don't do it deliberately but I always seem to wind up at a 5/5 or 4/6 male to female ratio so it is somewhat important to me.As far as personalities go,I generally get who I like unless I have certain plans for the town and need specific personality types for PWPs.I usually double up on lazy and peppy villagers.

Just because of variety and diversity i have:
5 Males:
-Chief (Cranky)
-Marshal (Smug)
-Genji (Jock)
-Zucker (Lazy)
-Stitches (Lazy)

5 Females:
-Poppy (Normal)
-Merengue (Normal)
-Diana (Snooty)
-Muffy (Uchi)
-Apple (Peppy)

As you can see, i have 1 of each plus 2 of my favorite personalities in the game, with my favorite species (even when i have 2 Squirrels, is fun two see this two hang out around the town). Make things better and fun and is easier to get the PWPs.

Last edited:
I accidentally hoard normal, peppy, and lazy villagers. I also like cranky villagers haha

My first town, Applewin, does not have a Cranky or a a Snooty. That ended after I realized the town, with Fairy-Tale themes, was built up to my liking. The villagers, from those categories, who were present were Walt as well as Velma and Broffina.

In my other towns, I balance the villagers with having every personality. I personally want an equal number of males and females. So, that is of part of what I want. But, it doesn’t mean anything more than that. The more you play…the more you end up figuring out what you want.

Not all that important if the ingame cycle isn't too strict about. I'll at least of one of each though

I don't have too much of a preference. If my town could obliterate all peppy villagers, I'd be a happy camper.

I like to have the personalities balanced, otherwise I get bored of the dialogue.

Very important I like everything balanced but im trying to be more loose and have more aesthetically pleasing villagers and not worry so much about gender and personality

I have

Male:
Sparro (jock)
Julian (smug)
Zell (smug)
Beau (lazy)
Rex( lazy)
Dobie (cranky)

Female:
Whitney (snooty)
Fauna (normal)
Katt (uchi) (moving thankfully omg)
Bunnie (peppy)

I don't have a gender preference so much as a personality requirement. I need to have 1 of each type in my town, so it works out that I'll always have at least 4 males. Currently, I have 6 females and 4 males but I'm thinking about moving someone out for Wolf Link and I could never give up Julian. I have two Uchis and two Normals. If I move out one of those personalities, I'll have exactly half and half. I think half and half would be nice but there weren't many male villagers that I wanted more than the ones that I had (who happened to be female).

I can't choose due to amiibo's never moving.
I would love a good balance of types.

i ALWAYS think about this when selecting villagers (a.k.a. manipulating my town's population via amiibo cards)

one of each villager type (so 8) then two more from each gender (normally i like having two normals & two crankies)

I just pick the villagers I like, usually based on having had them in previous towns.

If I feel someone doesn't really fit in, I discreetly move them out and try someone new.

I don't try to tick demographic boxes. ;)

I don't care too much, though having several people say the same thing to me is kind of annoying so I guess I prefer some diversity in personality types after all.

I try to make it as balanced as I can when it comes to personalities but sometimes having villagers that fit the theme becomes more important. I don't have a snooty in one town because none of them fit the theme.

When it comes to gender balance, I don't really care. Said town has 3 female and 7 male villagers because all the personalities I have 2 of are male.

i really don't care i just focus on the appearence of the villager but a tiny bit on the personality but none on the gender
i'd rather have a town of cute villagers i love instead of a town of villagers i dislike but have varied personalities

Back