• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Brownies: Edges or the Middle?

Which part of the brownies do you prefer?

• Total voters
Middle since I perfer chewy brownies.

I prefer the gooey middle over the crust edges. Don't get me wrong, I love brownies regardless of what kind they are, but I don't really like how it's basically crunchy. What's weird is that everyone else in my family likes the edges while I'm all alone...

Every part has it merits, I like the crunchy edge but I also love the soft gooey middle, so every part of the brownie is a good part. If I had the ability I would eat the whole tray as soon as it leaves the oven, but then I'd die or something.

All of the brownies, edgy or not!

If it's a good brownie, baked to perfection, then edge! You get a bit of the middle and a bit of the edge so it's really the best of both, if you think about it. If it's too dry or hard, then middle. If there aren't enough chocolate chips that made it to the edge of the pan, then again middle. Ideally, edges. Realistically, middle.

I prefer the gooey middle over the crust edges. Don't get me wrong, I love brownies regardless of what kind they are, but I don't really like how it's basically crunchy. What's weird is that everyone else in my family likes the edges while I'm all alone...
that just means there's more of the middle for you!

I love the edges, there's nothing else I can really say on that except they are the best part imo but I do like a mix between crunchy and chewy

Last edited:
Both taste great, but I'd always choose a middle piece.

I chose both mostly because I assumed this poll was about chewy brownies, and both are absolutely glorious.
I'm so surprised that more people like the middle though! Practically everyone i've ever had a conversation about brownies with adores the edges, so this is.. different.
But anyways, brownies are brownies.

Edges! The crunchiness is to die for. But hey, the entire brownie is 10/10 in my book!

Are you all eating store bought brownies or something? My boyfriend and I bake them ourselves and they come out soft all around.

Any part of the brownie is fine by me. :)

Back