Old Eggs
Holiday Candy Cane 2018
Jingle Christmas Doll
White Pansy
White Violet
Pavé
White Cosmos
Cake
i almost bought the amiibo figures of reese and cyrus today just because they looked cute till i realized i don't even know what they're for?

i know i'm kinda late on this but i've only started taking animal crossing: new leaf seriously around 2 weeks ago, so i only got the update 2 weeks ago as well ; u ;

do we really only use amiibo figures and cards just for the furniture in their RVs or for other things as well? because i have a specific theme in mind for my town and i don't want to spend extra money on stuff i won't actually use in the game.

advice please :(

(also, does anyone know where to buy them. i'm from south east asia and i can't seem to find any english ones here, so i'm thinking of buying them online.)

Last edited:
You use the amiibo figures and cards to invite them into your town/into your campground, depending on if the character you scanned in is a special character or not. So villagers like Isabelle, Digby etc you can't invite in. Fair warning though, if you invite Reese and Cyrus into your campground you won't be able to use retail for the rest of the day. Like BrinaLouWho said you can also use the amiibos to get exclusive furniture from them. Also, should you buy some amiibo cards it doesn't matter if what versions of the cards they are since they aren't region locked. For example, you can scan in a japanese Curt card, and it'll still work in game. I hope this helped. :)

Edit: Keep in mind, it's been going around that villagers scanned in from amiibo cards and invited in become permanent villagers, and cannot leave unless you kick them out with another amiibo. So you may want to think about it for a bit before buying some cards.

Last edited:
You use the amiibo figures and cards to invite them into your town/into your campground, depending on if the character you scanned in is a special character or not. So villagers like Isabelle, Digby etc you can't invite in. Fair warning though, if you invite Reese and Cyrus into your campground you won't be able to use retail for the rest of the day. Like BrinaLouWho said you can also use the amiibos to get exclusive furniture from them. Also, should you buy some amiibo cards it doesn't matter if what versions of the cards they are since they aren't region locked. For example, you can scan in a japanese Curt card, and it'll still work in game. I hope this helped. :)

Edit: Keep in mind, it's been going around that villagers scanned in from amiibo cards and invited in become permanent villagers, and cannot leave unless you kick them out with another amiibo. So you may want to think about it for a bit before buying some cards.

This helped so much! thank you <3

I, in all honesty, only wanted Reese and Cyrus because I found their figurines super adorable and I didn't want to separate them at all.
I guess I could get their cards since they seem to be a lot cheaper if I'm not mistaken.

Thank you so much for this detailed response!~ :p

Reese and Cyrus are cute Amiibo :), i love animal crossing Amiibo I got them all from Amazon. Figures and cards are region free which is a bonus.

I think you need the Amiibo figures if you want them to actually visit your town though for the furniture. I could be wrong but I remember hearing cards from the older series don't allow villagers to visit your camp they just give you that villagers photo unless they are welcome Amiibo cards/Sanrio.

Tbh i think the figures are worth it if you're looking for certain items, target has them on sale a lot so that's where i got mine. I don't regret buying any of them though, it's fun right have them visit your town and give you stuff, ya know? Also I love that the WA cards let you kick out villagers, it's way better than time traveling!! :)

The figures have went down in price a lot here in Canada. I saw some in Walmart for $2 each. It was crazy tbh. I'd shop online if you can't find any in stores near you.

Reese and Cyrus are cute Amiibo :), i love animal crossing Amiibo I got them all from Amazon. Figures and cards are region free which is a bonus.

I think you need the Amiibo figures if you want them to actually visit your town though for the furniture. I could be wrong but I remember hearing cards from the older series don't allow villagers to visit your camp they just give you that villagers photo unless they are welcome Amiibo cards/Sanrio.

I think I'm going to end up getting them and KK Slider, or I might as well start collecting them. The area near me sells them for USD$7 which isn't so bad.. I suppose.
I just really wanted the Sanrio cards but I can't find any store near me that sells them, and I was afraid they wouldn't work. The furniture on theirs seems really cute too!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Tbh i think the figures are worth it if you're looking for certain items, target has them on sale a lot so that's where i got mine. I don't regret buying any of them though, it's fun right have them visit your town and give you stuff, ya know? Also I love that the WA cards let you kick out villagers, it's way better than time traveling!! :)

I also really find them super cute. In reality, I really just want the Sanrio cards, but I think I'll just collect the figures for fun (and maybe furniture as well ^^)

- - - Post Merge - - -

The figures have went down in price a lot here in Canada. I saw some in Walmart for $2 each. It was crazy tbh. I'd shop online if you can't find any in stores near you.

That's insane! I thought the ones here were cheap. My local store sells figures for CAD$9 each, but what I'm really looking for are the Sanrio cards, which apparently can only be bought in either Europe or Japan. I regret not getting them when I was visiting family in Japan. T__T

I think I'm going to end up getting them and KK Slider, or I might as well start collecting them. The area near me sells them for USD$7 which isn't so bad.. I suppose.
I just really wanted the Sanrio cards but I can't find any store near me that sells them, and I was afraid they wouldn't work. The furniture on theirs seems really cute too!

Sanrio cards do work for villagers visiting in vans yes :), I'm in UK and got them when they came out from Nintendo, It's a shame they are so rare now. People are always opening up their towns so you can buy Sanrio items on here though even if you can't get the cards.

Last edited:
Sanrio cards do work for villagers visiting in vans yes :), I'm in UK and got them when they came out from Nintendo, It's a shame they are so rare now. People are always opening up their towns so you can buy Sanrio items on here though even if you can't get the cards.

the online store i wanted to buy the cards from was UK based :p but they're always out of stock. i guess i'll just have to wait. T__T

the online store i wanted to buy the cards from was UK based :p but they're always out of stock. i guess i'll just have to wait. T__T

Yes it's the same for certain Amiibo figures like the Legend of Zelda ones, I hope they do come back.

Back