• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What is one thing that other people do, that bugs you?

When people talk with their mouths full, when people chew with their mouths open, when people don't use their signal when turning, when people just walk into traffic without a crosswalk (I will run you over I give no ****s actually I do I can't commit murder but I will be very angry skhdkdfsj), basically everything that's been said here already.

When I'm playing a game/on my phone or reading something and someone looks over my shoulder..
It makes me immediately cringe and hide whatever I'm doing which works completely not in my favour because then everyone thinks I'm reading/doing something bad when I'm really looking at pictures of dogs or sunscreen or something

Hmm, I'd say when I'm reading, and someone comes up to me and starts talking to me. It makes me want to smack them over the head with my book.

I hate people that think they're 'woke' and so much smarter than everybody else

lmao everybody is fake woke. i doubt they even know that it means to be spiritually awakened. LMAO every ghetto rat around here will tag selfies like #WOKE
but are the most negative, ignorant people ever like omg.
THIS IS SOOOO ACCURATE FOR MEEEE

- - - Post Merge - - -

OK so i actually chew kind of obnoxiously and sometimes i chew with my mouth open k i never felt so attacked than i do rn

lmao im kidding but im not kidding.
ill stop if u ask me tho im adhd af and dont even realize im doing it 99% of the time cuz it pisses me off when people do that

This is something that more so annoys me since I work on phones so I experience it more than most, but when you ring somebody and they answer, but they don't say anything. They don't say "hello" or any variation that would let me know they are indeed on the other side and ready to converse, they just sit there like a moron in complete silence presumably holding the phone to their stupid gormless face like a brain dead idiot.

I know why they do this, so that if I say "hello?" first in confusion unsure if they're actually there, they can hang up when they don't recognise the voice...But they never do, I've literally never had somebody hang up once they don't recognise my voice, so what's the point? They seem even more inept when they can't even succeed with such a simple 'plan'.

I just hate those people, because they take something as simple as answering the phone and manage to turn it into a needlessly awkward endeavour through their woefully failed attempt at avoiding unwanted calls.

And people who chew loudly.

People who chew with their mouth open and loudly.

But apart from that, it's people who are unnecessarily mean to others. Especially if they add a no offence on the end. It really makes blood boil. It's probably got to do with the fact i'm too nice for my own good though, and I can't bear to watch people to mean to others for no good reason. There's been a couple of times where somebody's done something like that to someone else, and I pretty much become a different person and defend them in anger even though it's not my place to do so.

When people talk with their mouths full, when people chew with their mouths open, when people don't use their signal when turning, when people just walk into traffic without a crosswalk (I will run you over I give no ****s actually I do I can't commit murder but I will be very angry skhdkdfsj), basically everything that's been said here already.

I ACTUALLY KNOW SOMEONE WHO WAS HIT BY A CAR FOUR TIMES FOR NOT PAYING ATTENTION CROSSING THE STREET

- - - Post Merge - - -

People who chew with their mouth open and loudly.

But apart from that, it's people who are unnecessarily mean to others. Especially if they add a no offence on the end.

"You're ugly as ****. No offence though. Your shorts are still cute and you seem cool.:D"
-An actual comment I got on fb 2k12

Literally just went and dug up an old post of mine because it's always the first thing that comes to mind when I see any variant of this topic:

I find it utterly repulsive when people lick their fingers before touching paper or when turning the page of a book. It's so, so unsanitary and unnecessary and I can't help but think someone a savage of some kind when I see them do it.

Gross. Gross gross gross.

Literally just went and dug up an old post of mine because it's always the first thing that comes to mind when I see any variant of this topic:

Gross. Gross gross gross.

MY SIXTH GRADE TEACHER DID THAT AND I HAD THE BIGGEST GLOB OF SPIT ON MY HOMEWORK IM TRIGGERED

I can't stand when people who wait in line for food don't know what they want by the time they're ordering. There's a long line and a table wait where I work almost every lunch and dinner rush so when I'm taking orders hearing people go "hmm what do I want" and stand in front of a menu for five minutes is so annoying. I always want to tell them to either hurry up and decide or let me take the next order but you gotta be nice:(

I also can't stand when people breathe or chew really loudly. Or when people ask how damaged my hair is because I dye it. I take good care of it because I dye it so no it's not fried and no you can't touch it just because it's blue-.-

When someone always has to have a competiton of who has the worst life. You could say that your dog died, and they'll be like: "You think that's bad? That's nothing in comparison to what I've been through! My entire family was just murdered, my house burned down, and I have terminal cancer with only three days left to live!"

It just really gets on my nerves when people do that. Why do we need to compete over who has it worse, and why does it even matter? I'm allowed to feel sad over my problems even if someone else has it 100x worse than me.

Yeah, and people have different reactions to thing as well, you can't just assume everyone thinks this or that is worse. Maybe for that dog person their dog was their life and a huge comfort and meant all to them, and/or they might not have that overly high level of empathy etc.

Just let people grieve in peace.

Also people that mistreat books, i'm a huge reader so i'm triggered when somebody bends spines of books or throws them as if they're not fragile enough

Last edited:
When someone always has to have a competiton of who has the worst life. You could say that your dog died, and they'll be like: "You think that's bad? That's nothing in comparison to what I've been through! My entire family was just murdered, my house burned down, and I have terminal cancer with only three days left to live!"

It just really gets on my nerves when people do that. Why do we need to compete over who has it worse, and why does it even matter? I'm allowed to feel sad over my problems even if someone else has it 100x worse than me.

ugh i know so many people who do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, and people have different reactions to thing as well, you can't just assume everyone thinks this or that is worse. Maybe for that dog person their dog was their life and a huge comfort and meant all to them, and/or they might not have that overly high level of empathy etc.

Just let people grieve in peace.

The dog whisperer tried to end his life because his wife left, then his favorite dog died </3 i hate it when people act like dogs have lesser value.... Like i grew up with this one dog when I was little and having them gone really does change the atmosphere like if your mom/dad/bro/sis died

Compliments. Getting too many compliments from someone you barely know and someone who almost always say nice things to people and things that happen everyday. It's cool being positive and all but that's borderline fake to me and it annoys me (or find it hilarious sometimes) lol

I hate when people are in line to purchase something whether it be in line for fast food or at a grocery store and talk on their phone when they're getting rung up. It's really annoying. But maybe that's just a personal thing because I've worked in retail for so many years! Lol

Back