Eggs
Old Eggs
Red Cosmos
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Red Rose
White Rose
Im trying to get motivated to get up and do things around the house that NEEDS to be tomorrow but I cant seem to do it. I know terrible! I try but I cannot seem to get my (somewhat) lazy bum up. I work full time as a retail manager so I am so tired when I get home.
So I am almost forced to do everything all at once when I have my day off.

What always helps me get motivated is the thought that if I don't finish this thing I'll be a failure for the rest of my life and won't accomplish anything. This usually is how it goes for doing something like finishing a big homework assignment. For something like exercise usually the thought of my boyfriend get's me through it or jamming out to music. Idk how any of these things will help you get motivated to clean and do stuff around the house but I hope you get it done on time anyway.

I have the exact same problem, plus, depression and all that other good stuff on top of it.

I've never found anything that helps consistently, but.. a few things that usually help (or at the very least, make it a little easier) are:

- Do stuff the minute you get home / wake up. Usually, if I sit down.. it's already too late. lol Doing things while I'm still up is usually the only way to get me to do stuff unless it's really, really important and/or an emergency.

- Similarly, if you're already in your "I just want to laze around and not do anything" mood, try to jump out of it when you get up to cook, use the bathroom, etc. I find that I will sometimes get slightly more motivated to do stuff once I'm wondering around the house again (especially things that require you getting up and down to begin with, like cooking a meal, doing laundry, etc.)

Try to incorporate chores and other important things into your "breaks". It will at least help you get some stuff done, even if it takes all day to do so.

Also, if the above works at all for you, I sometimes have to take it so far as to force myself to get up. Like if I know I'm really depressed and need an extra kick, I'll drink a lot of water or purposely avoid eating food so that I HAVE to get up and do something up it. That's when I really lay into myself with the whole "Hey! You're up! Why don't you do stuff??" thing. This works especially well in the latter situation, since food usually takes time to prepare. Instead of sitting down (only to have to get up again), I try to convince myself to do stuff in the meantime. That way I can get stuff done, grab my food, and let sit down and be lazy again.

- Listening to whatever songs I'm currently into usually helps a bit with really monotonous stuff like cleaning. If you like to dance to music, it'll usually help to energize you a bit.

Watching shows like Hoarders to clean. Errands and such? Deadlines or having at least one day before where I didn't have to do anything!

Money I would say motivates me. Some other things but I shouldn't mention them.

I normally just force myself to do the things I'm supposed to be doing. After getting into the feel of things, it becomes second nature. Good luck!

either threaten myself ("no vegan cream cheese until you do that") or just wait for the motivation to come to me. i am a simple woman

Back