• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What am i doing wrong?

PacV

Vasea Mayor, Zenda Islander and Borelia Villager.
Apple 🍎
Mango 🥭
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Hey there!
So recently i see that some people are catching some tarantulas and scorpions. That's great, bit sadly none of those are appearing in my town, so i was wondering if at least my Town have the conditions to get Tarantulas and Scorpions hanging around.

I know is to much to ask but my DA in my signature is updated, so if you want to check and tell me if i'm able to catch up both bugs, i'll be thankful.

Tarantulas only come out at 11pm to 4am, and Scorpions from 7pm to 4am. Maybe you aren't looking at the right time?

Good luck, hope that helped!

That help, thanks, but is there any other condition? I mean can they:
-appear in the paths or just in the grass?
-In the flowers?

I don't think it's quite that specific, most of the ones I've seen just appear in the grass but I've had one or two on my paths before. Not sure about flowers, but hopefully that wouldn't be a restriction? Good luck finding them! :)

Thank you so much both.

I remember wondering the same things. Let me assure you that when they appear, you will not miss seeing them. They are NOT small, and they do come out in the open. I think I remember that the scorpion came crawling out of some flowers. Also, I did read somewhere that it helps to walk around holding the net. Not sure if that's true, but it helped me feel better...I was nervous about catching them. Finally did, and that was enough for me! Hope you get them soon.

Tarantulas only come out at 11pm to 4am, and Scorpions from 7pm to 4am. Maybe you aren't looking at the right time?

Good luck, hope that helped!

Not true. I've seen tarantulas come out earlier than that.

Don't hold your net unless you want to get bitten/stung and forced to pass out in front of your house D; They're hard to miss so just keep searching in the time windows mentioned above! It took my over 4hrs of searching for a tarantula to show up some years back!

Why does that make a difference? And why can't you carry your net around?

I really want to finally catch one aha

Bugs that hurt you ( scorpions, tarantulas and bees) won't spawn while your gate is open.

If you have your net out when you're hunting they will chase and attack you immediately.

Back