• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are you getting the new 2DS this summer? Any thoughts?

Are you getting the new 2ds?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ably.Saucey

Count your Many Blessings
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5195-6588-2889
Orange Balloon
Father's Day Carnation
Spring Sakura
Blue Hybrid Violet
Purple Violet
Red Pansy
White Violet
Famous Mushroom
Spring Shamrock
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Just kinda taking a head count, I've heard a lot of people won't get it because it doesn't look "Nintendo-y enough", which is true, it reminds you of a playstation device.
I'm really considering getting it, my 3dsxl is starting to give up (I've had it for over 5 years...) and it would be nice to have the controls of the ~New~ 3DSXL without the 3D part, which I never cared about in the first place and I've had it off since I got it.(makes me motion sick)
Plus it's $150! I can justify that, even if the normal 3dsxl is only $50 more, why pay $50 for features that I won't use? (I'm extraordinarily cheap, leave me be.)
Even if the new 2ds is just hype, I still need a new one.:lemon:
I'm also considering the Switch, even just to play the new Zelda, but I've heard very conflicting reviews for it.
What do you think about it? Are you getting it?

https://www.nintendo.com/2ds/new-nintendo-2ds/

Last edited:
I can't see any reason to. My 3DS from 2011 is still working just fine. If I were to get a new system it would be the Switch. The New 2DS XL is the very definition of a cashgrab. Nintendo's not going to pay attention to the 3DS forever.

I think had this been announced alongside the original NEW 3DS models I would have been far more likely and interested in getting one. I don't really use the 3D effect on 3DS except maybe once in the beginning of a new game to see what it claims to enhance. The colors are neat though.

No. I already did the mistake of getting a not necessary New 3DS , and even through i like it , it would be better to get a Switch.

I will be. My current 3DS is certainly on it's way out and I need a new one. I still have the OG 3DS XL I got back in 2013 so I'm fine with spending some cash to get a new one.
Only problem is I'm scared they'll release a nice looking limited edition one that I want, but I don't know if I can wait a few months until they reveal one, so I'll probably just pick up the black/blue one on release.

Nope, even though mine just broke, I hate how big they make the nintendo DS systems now... My hands are as small as a third graders and they ache so badly when I hold it. I played on my brothers DSi XL when we traded DSi systems for the day and my hands were cramped after an hour.

3d effect makes me sick too. I can't watch 3d movies.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I could switch though, I have a habit of changing my mind.

I'm unsure right now. It's a lot more appealing to me than the original 2DS, but do I need it? I have an original 3DS and a New 3DS XL, however the original 3DS needs the battery replaced.

I would for sure if I didn't have a 3DS XL already.

Really wish I would have found out about this before I spent almost twice that amount buying the new 3DS XL and some games.. >__>

I'll probably get it in, like, a few years if/when something happens to my current DS (*knock on wood*)

Nope. I'm very attached to my New 3DS and New 3DS XL systems and I'll keep playing them until Nintendo releases a new handheld system.

I'm unsure right now. It's a lot more appealing to me than the original 2DS, but do I need it? I have an original 3DS and a New 3DS XL, however the original 3DS needs the battery replaced.

It sounds like you do not need it at all. Nothing wrong with your New 3DS XL and there's nothing the New 2DS XL can do that it can't do.

Nope. I have FOUR 3DSes and they all still work perfectly, so...no need for a 2DS.

Maybe, I've had my 2ds for awhile now. It still works fine though so...idk. I like how the XL version looks.

I got my current and only 3DS in 2014 and it still works, so unless it freaks out on me any time soon, I don't think I will. The new 2DS would've been a great option otherwise!

I've been thinking about it. I have the oldest 3DS XL model, not a "new" 3DS, and I've been meaning to update. Plus the new 2DS XL looks great. I have no desire for 3D functionality. I'll just have to wait and see how much it'll end up being in Canada and if it'll be worth it by then.

I'm thinking of selling my refurbished new 3ds xl since it is kinda ****ty looking :/ like the paint just comes off and its not even that uh stable? this place said they would take it for $130 and my extra acnl cartridge for $30 so I might get it. who knows? xD I don't need it but maybe theyre will be a steal on black Friday like last year so I think ill just wait for now. ;_;

Personally I'm not a fan of the XL's, they're too big for me to comfortably hold. I have the N3DS HHD edition and that's a perfect size for me. I don't use the 3D at all because it gives me a headache so if I didn't have what I still consider a pretty new console and it wasn't so big I would consider getting one, but my N3DS is still in great condition.
Right now I'd rather save my money. I don't see my console giving out any time soon and there's no need to buy another one. I like that this one is a clamshell design but I don't particularly find it very appealing aesthetically anyway.

Back