• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Will you be getting the new Pikmin for 3DS?

The reviews for Hey! Pikmin are out. And so far, the general consensus seems to agree that the game might be charming, but complains that the level design is too simplistic and repetitive, while the strategy and puzzles are pretty light in terms of complexity. These two issues make the game too boring for me to play, as evidenced by the demo on eShop.

So basically, you're not missing out anything if you skip Hey! Pikmin. Guess I'll spend my $50 CAD elsewhere.

Last edited:
tbh i dont think it's worth it
i do like pikmin though i just feel like this game isn't my cup of tea

Yeah whenever I have some extra $$$ and I remember before I spend it on something else. I love the Pikmin series so even if Hey Pikmin is just a side-scroller platformer or whatever I still wanna play it. I've been meaning to try the demo but it keeps slipping my mind.

Its a fun game but whenever you meat new pikmin and i mean EVERY You get a 2d short of them doing whatever
Im in world 4 and its still going!

I'll probably get it eventually but I'm TERRIBLE at Pikmin games.

Have yet to play any of the Pikmin games, this one isn't going to he my first one. Sorry nintendo, maybe next time!

Probably not. I've never played Pikmin but I downloaded the demo just to see what it was like and it was a little boring to me. I don't think I even finished the entire demo.

I got it! It's just a super nostalgic piece for me, I remember watching my older brother play it on the GameCube and thinking how cool it was. I eventually got it for Wii, but didn't play it much. I feel like Pikmin is one of the super underrated games that needs to be talked about more!
I bought the game a couple weeks ago, but I've been on a ACNL binge, so hopefully I'll start it soon XD

I tried the demo and it wasnt for me. I loved the first Pikmin for the gamecube. But this just felt like a weird platformer that happened to have pikmin characters.

I don't think I will because the games have always stressed me out. The first game freaked me out because of the time limit (you only have 30 days before you die, like what the heck?). The second game freaked me out because I forgot water killed Pikmin that weren't blue and was left with 20. All my purples drowned and a vast majority of fully bloomed red Pikmin died that day as well. Never even bothered to get the third game because I was already emotionally scarred from the first two games.

So, no. :(

I will. The game seems to be exactly what I was expecting, and I'm gonna just play it for what it is. I don't really see much coming from a spin-off like this.

After trying out the demo, I feel a bit interested. Especially since one of the treasures in the demo was an unexpected Easter egg.

Back