• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Will you be getting the new Pikmin for 3DS?

CookieCrossing

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
It's called Hey Pikmin or something. I will! I loved the first one (never played 2 or 3, my family did though since they're Pikmin fanatics) and this one looks SO cool, maybe better bc it's handheld (which I prefer bc of convenience) and seems more platformer-like.

I'll probably get it eventually. I liked Pikmin 2 but I didn't finish it.

No idea, never played the others and well if it's playable in Japanese then maybe.

Yes! Pikmin is my favorite series, so I'm going to be picking this up.

Not really fond of 2D platformers, and not a huge fan of Pikmin (never played any past the first GCN version), so no.

I'm kinda interested in Hey! Pikmin, mainly because of I'm fond of the 2D-style gameplay with some sort of twist added for good measures.

However, the fact that it's being developed by Arzest doesn't seem to be exactly reassuring for me. They're not only the ones who made the rather lukewarm Yoshi's New Island a thing, but a number of staffs came out from the defunct Artoon company, the latter of which having a mostly poor track record of games they've developed.
Therefore, I'm not confident Hey! Pikmin would boast a consistently solid level design as many of the best Nintendo-developed titles.

I'll wait and see whether people seem to be enjoying it. I'm pretty suspicious though, because I love the main pikmin games, and this just kind of seems like a standard platformer with the pikmin name whacked on it.

Yeah, I played my first Pikmin game on Wii U (Pikmin 3). I spent more than 100 hours and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to the 3DS version even if the gameplay is different :)

I'm kinda interested in Hey! Pikmin, mainly because of I'm fond of the 2D-style gameplay with some sort of twist added for good measures.

However, the fact that it's being developed by Arzest doesn't seem to be exactly reassuring for me. They're not only the ones who made the rather lukewarm Yoshi's New Island a thing, but a number of staffs came out from the defunct Artoon company, the latter of which having a mostly poor track record of games they've developed.
Therefore, I'm not confident Hey! Pikmin would boast a consistently solid level design as many of the best Nintendo-developed titles.

I didn't know about this. My brother decided we weren't getting Yoshi's New Island because it's not hard enough.

I had no idea about this game, but now that you mention it I might be. I watched my sister play a bit of Pikmin 3 for the Wii U, and a bit of gameplay and I while I watched, I liked the idea of it a lot. Pikmin seems like it'll be kinda fun to play. I think I will get it, but i'm not definite. I wouldn't mind getting it for a gift though :lemon:

I think i'll try the demo before deciding on the game.

Last edited:
I'm definitely getting it, even though it doesn't look that promising. I'm a big fan of the Pikmin series, so I've made myself committed to it.

I love Pikmin and I love the concept of having a game for the DS... but the fact that it'll be a side scroller... not sure how I feel. Not a fan of side scrollers.

I didn't know about this. My brother decided we weren't getting Yoshi's New Island because it's not hard enough.

Yoshi's New Island was a mess. I'd definitely look into reviews before buying another game made by the same company.

I was excited at first but between the developer stuff mentioned above and some other early reviews, it sounds like it might not be worth it. I do love Pikmin though, hope to see a Switch release down the road!

Back