How do you decorate around villager houses?

Holly...

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
0581-4952-7801
Pear (Fruit)
Leif
Hi everyone ^-^ Sorry if this has been done before, I need a bit of help!

I like to decorate around my villager houses (see below for example), but Poncho's house is near a river so I can't do the same kind of 'border' around it. Any suggestions?

Please share how you decorate around your villager houses x

IMG_6589.JPG

Thats so stinking cute omg T v T

I don't have the same "design" around every villagers house, but I like to use flowers that match the colors of their houses, and put bushes, bamboos\trees, mushrooms and clovers! Maybe tree stumps?

Thats so stinking cute omg T v T

I don't have the same "design" around every villagers house, but I like to use flowers that match the colors of their houses, and put bushes, bamboos\trees, mushrooms and clovers! Maybe tree stumps?

Ooh that's such a good idea! Especially because it's in a woodsy area. Thanks much!

That is so adorable! I actually love the look of each villager having their own yard and such, but I also love neatness and so my villagers live too close together for that. I give them three flowers on each side of their house as well as two gemstones that match their house colors. I also use flower box designs.

i just kinda go with the flow of how my town develops and make it look nice

That is so adorable! I actually love the look of each villager having their own yard and such, but I also love neatness and so my villagers live too close together for that. I give them three flowers on each side of their house as well as two gemstones that match their house colors. I also use flower box designs.

Gemstones is such a fab idea! I'd love for my villagers to live close to each other but my river is super weird so I can't really do that :/

most of my villager's houses don't really have a tight border, but they're instead in a field of flowers. my thing with plot resetting is that i don't use it to get the plots in a specific spot, i just use it to make sure they're not blocking anything important.
here's a description of each villager's house and what's around them:
  • chester and bluebear, my next-door neighbors, have their houses set in a blue flower field. i chose blue because it matched their roofs.
  • june has her house tucked in the corner of my town, where my orange orchard is. so her house is surrounded by perfect orange trees. i've also been scattering various mushrooms around her house.
  • pudge, poncho and cheri all have their houses in a big yellow flower field. yellow seemed to be the color to agree with all three houses, aesthetically speaking. pudge also has a more secluded "yard" since a path seperates his house from the other two, creating a little rectangle of flowers. in the corner of that rectangle i put some bushes.
  • tammy's house is in a tulip field--pink and yellow--as well as an apple orchard. the colors of the flowers agree with her house well, as well as maple's, who used to be her next door neighbor. (when maple moved i put a zen garden where her house was, so i guess that counts as part of tammy's yard too.)
  • vladimir's house is in a purple flower field, and it's also just south of the peach orchard. admittedly, pink would probably go better with his house, but i already had too many pink flowers, and i've gotten used to the purple.
  • pekoe's house is surrounded tightly with pink roses, and it's also in front of a little bamboo field.
i'm not sure if this will help with your own ideas, but i thought i'd share in case it does :)

I usually always just plant flowers to match their homes surrounding their houses (I purposefully try to plot reset them where they have space on every side just for that lol). But omg having an actual border/pattern around them is such a CUTE IDEA! Especially with a yard like that!

Hi everyone ^-^ Sorry if this has been done before, I need a bit of help!

I like to decorate around my villager houses (see below for example), but Poncho's house is near a river so I can't do the same kind of 'border' around it. Any suggestions?

Please share how you decorate around your villager houses x

View attachment 201043

Sooo cute! ^^ I decorate around my villagers' home using flowers by the sides of their home. I also plant trees and bushes next to the house. Sometimes, I plant two bamboo shoots in front of their house as some sort of 'partition'. I use designs around the house too, and use custom design 'potted plants/flowers' at the front to look make the house look more 'homey'.

Like I said before, I don't really decorate villager yards, with the exception of maybe a flower or two. But today, I downloaded a flower box QR code and put it on the side of a few villager's houses. It looks really nice! I'll probably start buying bushes, breeding hybrids, etc. to make extravagant yards soon.

I use flowers to represent the villagers. For example:

Portia: black and white cosmos
Teddy: orange cosmos and lucky clovers
Lucky: gold roses
Kabuki: red and white roses

And so on. I'd use bushes but flowers are easier to move around if they move.

Wow, I love your paths and landscaping! Very cute. :) In my town I generally try to make sure villagers' houses are far enough apart that they aren't too clustered or crowded or anything, then aside from that I like to put miscellaneous flowers around villagers' houses. Other than that I don't do too much, I don't like it when my town looks too "busy" or anything, and I try not to use too many paths because I'm not good enough at designing/using them to place them around villager houses lol. :)

Back