• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Giveaway [Winners announced!]♡Small Giveaway ~ 5 mil IGB & more♡

YasAteSatan

♡ fairy heart ♡
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Feedback
100% (84) +
Hello all, I've decided to do a giveaway just because I've been here for quite a while..
This forum gave me the resources and friends that I needed when I first started playing ACNL, and so for that I'm very grateful.

mini-graphics-cake-641699.gif

There is no fee for entering, but donations are appreciated!

All you must do is tell me about an experience in the game, it can be something funny, pleasant, etc. I just really enjoy reading about such things ;v;

☆・。・゜★・。・。☆・゜・。・゜。・。・゜★・。・。☆

On June 11th, or this Sunday I will choose and announce two people who will receive:
~
♡5,000,000 bells♡
♡A complete furniture set of their choice♡
♡10 things of their choice (Can be literally anything)♡

Have a lovely day!

[WINNERS!] Kaiyo & Giddy :D
Thank you all for participating and sharing your lovely stories! <3

Last edited:
there was one day i was playing when two of my residents engaged in a full-on gift war. xD

leopold wanted me to give something to marshal with the excuse that he'd borrowed it and forgot to give it back. when i went to marshal he said he didn't remember loaning leopold anything, but accepted it anyway.
not 30 minutes later marshal asked me to return something HE had forgotten he borrowed from leopold, but again when i went to deliver it he had no recollection of giving anything to marshal.
this went on practically all day, with at least one errand every hour or so. after a while they stopped giving excuses and were just like 'just give this to him for me thanks'.

personally i found it adorable (and hilarious, considering their house are right next to each other) xD

Well, I had the same Chrissy in my game for a long time, and lets say overtime she became kinda...crazy?

She used to be normal, until she slowly bit by bit sold off all her orignal furniture and turned her house into a grey minimalist looking no furniture place (it looked so weird next to bright pink her). She kept sending me gifts, and one day, I recive this:
"I found something super cute I thought you'd like, so I'm sending it to you"
-opens gift-
You have obtained, A Mens Toilet!"
Like, what in the world Chrissy XD That seemed so out of place.
She also ended up calling me Shmoopy on her own, which reminds me of a Seinfeld episode xD

Thanks for this giveaway!

Last edited:
kaiyo (my extreme weaboo friend,) wanted me to see her cockroach infested house in animal crossing. she also had a rly asian weaboo room upstairs >.< also i stood on the cockroach and it disappeared :(

thanks for hosting .

I started playing in 2013 when I got the game and a 3DS for my brithday. I got my younger brother into the game as well and that's probably where my fondest memories come from. My brother and I both have really different town styles, mine is very cutesy and pastel and planned out, whereas his is kinda the opposite. He loves adopting the "ugly" villagers no one wants. He doesn't landscape just buys items he thinks are interesting. We always play island games together with his charachter in some interesting mismatched outfit, and mine color coordinated to the nines. Playing together on summer nights, the fireworks show with him, this game has really been a great bonding experience for us :)

Last edited:
That one day when I was just done with Ricky and I gathered a bunch of pitfalls and made a "track" and as he walked i kept putting pitfalls in front of him. When I had no more I let him out and started going ham on him with my net. That was fun and anyway I never did like him. Later that day I went online to the island and I was locked in for 30 mins because this one person that didn't speak english wouldn't let me out. That was also a fun experience.

Once I was at the island and there was this guy who was there as well. I asked him if he wanted to play a tour and he said yes, we did the flower gardening tour. After the tour, I stood in the room while checking his TPC since I didn't get a chance to before and all of a sudden he said, "For you." I was like ??? and went outside. There wasn't anything on the island for me but when I came out, he planted a bunch of the extra flowers he had when the tour ended around me and took off his balloon hat to give to me. Man, I didn't know it was possible but I thought that was so sweet ;___; I immediately wore the hat even though it looked bad for the clothes I was wearing and thought I needed to give him something too. I checked in my island storage, found a straw hat and 400k bells. Now we both were wearing each others' hats! He said he had to go so I was sad... I'll never forget you, balloon guy (Manato).

I decided to be a jerk to a snowman.
DB6IoXpVoAAIiiH

DB6IyBZVoAEcVGA

DB6I8RaUIAAiGLH

Making snowmen are kind of a pain. I haven't perfected the craft yet, but I got curious if I just messed one up entirely. I can't believe it worked and it was worth it. I think he looks perfect.

I had to think very hard about this, because I have quite a few experiences. (Since I'm only telling you one, and you like to hear more, I don't mind giving you more stories, not to try and win, but because as you said, you love hearing about these experiences.

It was probably one of my first times on the island where you could meet other people playing animal crossing. And I decided to go onto international island; just to see what it would be like to meet other people that weren't from my country. And it sounded fun, because I have never left my country and to speak to others across the sea sounded awesome. I must explain, I am quite shy, so talking to people was like nerve wracking for me.
So I get onto the island, it was very lonely here. Only one other person there. A girl/woman from Japan.

She was very sweet and welcoming. And we were chatting. I have to say, I don?t remember things well and I can?t really remember everything we were talking about. One or two things I do remember. She had said her english wasn?t that great and she wants to get better, but I told her she was doing very well, which she was. I remember telling her, I want to learn Japanese. Unfortunately I don?t remember her response.
What also makes this so special, was that it was a very early morning, maybe it was sunny out, but there are times when I wake up at dawn and to have that setting along with this conversation, was almost unreal. It was lovely, almost a dream come true. I have always loved Japan, and I?ve always wanted to talk to someone or meet someone who lived there. It just made me feel so excited and I couldn?t stand still. It left a warm feeling inside me, and of course I was nervous. So I had all those feeling rushing in me.

I remember, either it was late or that she was busy, but she had to go. We said goodbye to each other and told each other how nice it was to meet. And to say we meet again soon.
Sadly, we never did. What was worse was at that time, I was quite new to friend codes, so I either didn?t have one, and didn?t know anything about it, so I wasn?t able to get her friend code. (I vaguely remember, it?s possible I asked her but she said she didn?t have one? This could be someone else, sorry my memory is terrible). And for a while I have tried looking for her again by going onto international island again, but I still haven?t found her, it makes it harder when you don?t have her name. Sure this ends sad. It would be nice to find her again and see if she?s alright in the world.
But after meeting her, and it was lovely to talk to her, it got me to feel inspired to meet more people on the island and try and make friends and made me less nervous to talk to more people online and it has gotten me some good friends over the years from animal crossing and it just felt like a wonderful experience to share.

I hope you enjoyed the experience. Hope you had a nice day and let me know if you want to hear more experiences. X)
Sorry it's long but I tried to be as detailed as I could with the remianing memories of that experience.

Last edited:
What I think is the funniest thing in AC:NL is the irony. Stitches has the traditional dialogue of the lazy villagers and when you tell him his outfit looks cute, he says, "Cute? Like, I'm a stuffed animal or something?" When he actually is a stuffed animal. Also, Nintendo made Lucky afraid of mummies on Halloween. Pretty funny, if you ask me.

tenderheartedpt1.jpg

tenderheartedpt2.jpg

tenderheartedpt3.jpg

He stomped around for the rest of the day... :blush: still one of my favorite interactions, though ACNL is such a great game that most interactions are hilarious

I seem to have a curse for villager gifts.. whenever I do a task for someone, I keep getting garbage cans! I spent a looong time trying to fish up a dang stringfish for Beau back in my old town, only for him to give me a garbage can in return! In my new town I still only get garbage cans, I've gotten 3 in the past week. I love the dialogue for them so much though.."WOw! Thank you so much for doing *blank*! Here is this "Garbage Can" in return!" Like thanks guys!
Also I was playing with my 8 year old sister a couple days ago and she said that she wants to dye her eyebrows blue like Flurry.. that would be an interesting look for sure

I love animal crossing I've played it for a long time... back since gamecube was still a thing hehe. I don't really know what to say... There was this funny dialog once though. Something about Tinker Bell and a wallet or something, but I don't remember what it said...

I love the little details and surprises this game has, like the owls that show up at Harvey's at night. If he's playing his maracas and it's night, there will be a family of owls bobbing along with the music on his roof.
The only story I can remember is when Kyle first moved in and Diana had a HUGE crush on him; she'd ask me to deliver stuff to him and ask about him. Finally, just when she seemed to get over it, he sent me to deliver a gift to her and it turned out to be some flowers!
It was so stinkin' sweet!

Thanks for hosting this.

This just happened today but it made me so happy, I literally couldn't stop thinking about it all day.
One of my villagers, Apple, suddenly rushed over to my mayor, Percy, and told him he was looking extra good today. She told him nothing really has changed, but it shows that Percy's always on her mind. She asked my mayor to come over her house so they could discuss their interests, like fishing (SO CUTE) and the entire way to her house, she was singing.

This was the first time anything like this happened to me on Animal Crossing, so I was really surprised and found it really sweet. I love how much thought they put into these games. <3

Back